How to Make Ant Farm Gel
Many people love to make an ant farm at home. It is fun doing such activity and is also educational.
Ant gel is used by the NASA during the 2003 Space shuttle experiment.
In 2003, the NASA conducted an experiment in the outer space to study the life of an animal in space and at the same time study how ants can tunnel in microgravity. Since then, making an ant farm gel became one of the favorite projects of the family at home. Ant farm gel can be done in various ways and you can consider this article to guide you in making an ant farm gel.
Replacement Gel – The Easy Way
If you want to make an ant farm gel the easy way, all you have to do is to buy replacement gel for your ant farm. You can find the ant farm gel in pet shops or you can order in many online stores. Once you have the replacement gel you should prepare it following the directions indicated in the package. You can choose to buy the semi-solid chunks and melt it in a microwave. Also, there is a powder form of ant gel in which you will prepare just like of making gelatin. To obtain best results make sure to follow the instructions. After you have prepared the gel, pour it in the ant farm. Make sure to tap the sides to eliminate bubbles. Keep in mind to keep the gel cooled before adding the ants on the farm otherwise the ants could be harmed.
Home Made Ant Gel
As you are having fun in making an ant farm, you can also make a home made ant gel. It is very easy to make an ant gel as long as you have the necessary materials. The materials you will need include 25 grams of potassium sorbate, 27 grams of sodium benzoate and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Add the ingredients into boiling water and stir it thoroughly and turn off the fire after few minutes. The next step that you should do is to immerse the aquarium in cold water and pour the hot mixture. You can add tea tree oil in the mixture and stir. Let the mixture set until it become a gel.
Ant farm gel serves as transparent habitat and an alternative to the traditional ant farm that is dirt-based. The good thing about this transparent habitat is that it allows ant enthusiasts to view the ants walking whether on the top or deep inside the gel. You can choose to make different colors of gel to obtain dramatic effect. On the contrary, when using the ant gel the life span of the ants is only for about three months and after such period they will gradually die.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Writing an Audit Report
- How to Start a Money Transfer Business
- Why Does a Firm Use Long Term Debt
- What is the Purpose of Business Research
- How to Start a Popsicle Business
- How to Start a Biscuit Business
- Starting a Skid Steer Business
- Starting a Sports Club Business
- How to Start a Siding Business
- Starting a Commercial Cleaning Business
- How to Start a Cargo Business