Wells Fargo to hire 1,000 staffs in May
The fourth largest bank by asset in the United States, Wells Fargo & Co. announced expansion plans on Tuesday – which includes the hiring of some 1,000 new staffs in its mid-Atlantic Wachovia locations.
Wells Fargo & Co, the fourth largest bank in the United States, is now planning to hire more than 1,000 people for the proposed expansion of its retail banking operations in mid-Atlantic region.
In a statement issued on Monday, Wells Fargo said that the new staffs will be hired at Wachovia Bank locations in the mid-Atlantic – particularly in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C – as part of its rebranding initiative.
In 2008, the company hired nearly 600 people for similar positions following its $12.5 billion takeover bid for Wachovia.
The acquisition allowed Wells Fargo, which already has the biggest retail branch network in the US, to more than double its size.
To date, Wells Fargo is the fourth-largest bank, based on its assets, and has over 280,000 employees – the company has at least $1.3 trillion in assets.
The rebranding plan for the Wachovia locations came ahead of the JPMorgan Chase & Co, which also plans to expand its retail banking network.
JPMorgan Chase, the second largest bank in the US, said that it will add at least 1,000 new branches across the country in the next three years and up to 2,000 new branches by 2015.
The banking giant said the expansion plan would focus in California and Florida.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Business News
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides