Tortilla Manufacturing Business
Increased demand for tortilla among Hispanics and non-Hispanics alike in the U.S. is fuelling the growth of tortilla making business into a billion-dollar industry. Find out from our basic guide how you can enter into this business that can be started as a small business but expanded to commercial-scale later on.
Tortilla making is a billion dollar industry in the US. It has been growing in the last 10 years due to the increase of Hispanic population in America as well as the increased popularity for tortillas among the non-Hispanics.
Some businesses that have started as a small operation are now mass-producing the product, distributing them in bulk and earning millions.
Small Tortilla Making Business
If you are interested in entering this kind of business, you can start small by operating a tortilla stand around malls. If you already own a restaurant, you can add a tortilla making machine in your kitchen to offer tortillas to customer – this even if your restaurant doesn’t specialize in Mexican food. If the volume of your production is low, you could do the mixing and rolling, and buy only a divider and a press. Having the least number of equipment is also advantageous – aside from the fact that you don’t have to buy them – to keep your operational space at a minimum, and thus keep your rent low. Some small tortilla machines are as small as to fit in less than 3 square feet of space. Small-scale electronic tortilla makers are available in department stores and home shops.
Commercial Tortilla Making Machine
But if you plan to produce tortillas in large volume, then you should consider purchasing a commercial tortilla maker to reduce the time you have to spend in mixing, rolling and cooking. A full assembly line would include mixers, and cutters. Still, if you plan on mass producing and distributing to grocery stores or food shops then you would need a machine for counting, packaging and labeling in your assembly line. And you would need a storage space that is preferably kept at a controlled humidity and temperature. Find tortilla machines at www.e-tortilla.com.
You can create flour or corn tortillas or both and there are machines that can do either. You can create them small for asadas and wraps or large for burritos and by using traditional Mexican recipes or by innovating by adding spices and other flavors like chili powder, spinach, tomato, garlic or basil. You can keep the tortillas free of preservatives or preserve them for a few months.
While the temptation to establish on brand is strong for many startup business owners, success in the tortilla business doesn’t have to depend on this. There are large tortilla makers that earn a lot even without a recognized brand in the market. They concentrate on mass-producing tortillas for wholesale food distributors and on filling capacity gaps of other tortilla manufacturers.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- About Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Business
- Starting a Plastic Manufacturing Plant
- Becoming a Brick Manufacturer
- Setting up an Animal Feed Manufacturing Company
- Starting a Garment Manufacturing Business
- How to Start Tile Manufacturing Business
- Starting Tobacco Product Manufacturing Company
- Cement Bricks and Concrete Block Manufacturing Business
- Glass Manufacturing Business
- Start Diaper Manufacturing Business
- Top 5 Money Making Manufacturing Businesses to Start in South Africa