Starting Palm Tree Business
If you want to start a palm tree business, you have to know the planting and growth requirements. Palms thrive in tropical areas but if you live in a cold region, you have to pick the right varieties.
With patience and proper care, you can make lots of money from the palms.
Starting Your Own Palm Tree Business
Do you live in a region where the temperature is around 15˚C or 59˚F? This is the ideal place to grow palms and did you know that you can make a lot of money from it? You need to be aware that palm trees love the tropical regions although there are times when it can tolerate colder areas. Among the popular varieties are Dwarf Sugar Palm, Bismarck Palm, and the Chinese Windmill Palm; these can grow in colder areas. Aside from that, you can also grow Parlour Palm, Golden Cane Palm, Raphia Palm, and the Kentia Palm.
Do you really want to grow palms? If you have the passion for growing trees, this is a great way to earn great profits. The reason why a lot of people love palm trees is because it requires little maintenance. When you know the growth requirements of palm trees, you will find it easier to care for them. Thanks to the internet, you can now find the needed information to help you grow quality palms that you can sell in the market. If you have available land space and the region is ideal for growing palms, this is your chance.
Unlike other trees, palms don’t need pruning. The tree will look tidy and neat by simply removing the spent fronds. At times, you may need to cut out the ‘suckers’ and water the tree weekly. You need to find a fertilizer that contains high amounts of potassium, manganese, magnesium, and iron. You can grow palms from seeds and when they are big enough, you can now transplant them. Transplanting is ideal during the tree’s growth season, usually during early spring. Take note of the size of the rootball of the palm and the hole should be twice as large. For the initial month, you have to water the palm profusely. Normal watering should resume after a 1-2 months and add fertilizer.
During winter, you have to protect the palm trees from the frost. You need to wrap the trunk with a bubble-wrap and don’t forget to mulch it. The gestation period of the seeds is a bit long. The Kentia Palk usually takes 2-3 years before developing the shoots. You have to soak seeds for 24 hours after removing the fleshy covering. The sunken seeds are ideal for planting. Use a seed-raising mix and grow it inside a greenhouse or by the window sill. Start growing palms today and in a few months, you can now sell them.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Starting an Underwear Business
- How to Start Cyber Cafe Business?
- How to Start Glass Recycling Business
- Start a Petroleum Business
- Starting a Used Clothing Business
- Start a Battery Rebuilding, Repairing and Recharging Business
- How to Start an Ice Business
- How to Start Agricultural Chemicals Retail Business
- Start Your Own Perfume Oil Business