Starting an Apparel Manufacturing Company
Starting an apparel manufacturing business requires a lot of decision making. If you are thinking of starting one, you have to get ready to face many of the questions you have to deal with in actuality.
Find out what are these issues that could confront you, so that you could deal with them better in the future.
Running an apparel manufacturing plant is a serious business. Because an apparel manufacturer has to face a variety of issues when running the business, he not only has to have great entrepreneurial skills but also a thorough understanding of the industry. For example, one of the issues that apparel manufacturers face is the high cost of local labor, forcing many to outsource production. At the same time competition with global players is intense. Add to that is the constantly changing trend in textile manufacture and of course, fashion. So, before embarking into this business, one has to thoroughly think about the many aspects of the business.
Types of Apparel Manufacturing Business
What kind of garments would you produce and for what age bracket? Teens, men and women (large or all sizes?), couture clothes, baby outfits, sports clothes? For sports clothes, will it be for bikers, golfers, swimmers? At what price category will your products be? And will it be a full product line or just tops or bottoms or coordinates? How will you distribute your products? Will it be through boutiques, discount stores, or department stores? The answer to these questions will aid you in determining the quality, quantity and cost of the clothes you make. Make your research of the industry by talking to garment plant owners, trade groups, retailers, regulatory agencies, customers, boutique owners, and textile suppliers.
Apparel Manufacturing Facility
Granting that you plan to produce in-house, you should consider where your production will be. In line with this, you should think where your supplies of cloth. will be coming from and where will you supply your finished product. Are your source and market proximate enough in that you won’t incur high transportation costs? And how would your production facility look like, how big will it be, how much would it cost? How will you finance it? Whether you will rent a property or build from scratch, you would need to secure licenses both when starting and running the business. You should also think about the equipment you need for making pattern, designs, sewing and cutting. And where will you rent or buy them? Another important consideration you should think about is labor. Are there skilled employees that you can hire around, or do you need to train people?
Starting a Small Apparel Manufacturing Business
If you don’t have the resources for a full-scale garment manufacturing business, you can start small by selling your clothes in flea markets, in your store, in community fairs and bazaars. You can also sell hand-painted shirts. You can make tailor-made hand-painted shirts that you can sell at higher prices.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- About Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Business
- Starting a Plastic Manufacturing Plant
- Becoming a Brick Manufacturer
- Setting up an Animal Feed Manufacturing Company
- Starting a Garment Manufacturing Business
- Starting Tobacco Product Manufacturing Company
- Cement Bricks and Concrete Block Manufacturing Business
- Glass Manufacturing Business
- Start Diaper Manufacturing Business
- Top 5 Money Making Manufacturing Businesses to Start in South Africa