Start a Valet Company
Are you interested in starting a valet company? Or, if the idea hasn’t occurred to you yet, read our guide to see whether a valet parking service is a good business to start in your city.
It will also give you a basic idea on what you need to start it up.
Evaluating Valet Parking Service Opportunities
Are you near a busy area where parking space is scarce? Or are there frequent parties and events in your city? Consider starting a valet company. Here are what you should look for to determine whether this business may be viable in your area. See whether there are restaurants, bars, stores, malls and even hospitals whose parking space is limited. See also whether there are posh hotels, and major entertainment centers in your area where parking may not be a problem, but luxury is “in” and valet parking could be part of the image. Look further by researching whether there are a number of party hosting outfits, event planners, caterers that could use a valet parking service. Research for valet parking companies that are already operating in your area. Will there be room for one more valet parking service?
Talk to the owners of these restaurants and hotels to see whether they are offering valet parking as part of their service or whether you could offer the service. Parking space is not your problem in this scenario, as these are provided by the establishment. However, if you are planning to offer valet service for parties, you might need to have your own garage or any secured space to drive vehicles to while their owners are enjoying their time away.
Valet Company Requirements
As a valet parking service owner, you would need to hire drivers to do the job, secure necessary insurances, business license (if you will operate in different cities, you may have to secure one for each),
provide uniforms, secure valet paraphernalia like tickets, and road signs. You can hire drivers through a staffing agency. To provide optimum service, you may have to instruct drivers about good customer relations and efficient ways of performing valet service. Valet parking services could be charged at a flat rate or per hour (which sometimes could be $60/hour). Valets are paid at least the minimum wage and keep the tips. They could make $10-$25 per hour, including tips. Rates and prices could vary per location. Be prepared to handle all forms of payments – cash, checks, debit and credit cards.
Miscellaneous Tips for a Valet Company
• Other clients that may use valet parking services are convention and trade show organizers, wedding planners, corporations, and other organizations.
• Do several valet parking service in one night
• Offer additional services like vehicle cleaning and touch up service, and sell car care products and tools to augment income
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides