Self-Employment and Housing Benefit
Housing benefit for self-employed individual is a scheme given to people who have low income and could not afford to buy a house. This benefit gives chance to live in a decent place without restraining the budget.
As long as you have the necessary requirements you can apply for housing benefit.
Applying for Housing Benefit
If you want to live in a decent accommodation yet you do not have enough fund to obtain fully furnished house then you should apply for housing benefit. This is not only for employed individual but also for self-employed. All you have to do is to inquire from the concerned agency if you are qualified for such benefit. When you apply for housing benefit you should possess any of the following such as income support, having full time or part time job as well as self-employed.
On the other hand, there are several factors that affect the awarding of the housing benefit to a self-employed individual.
- The amount of rent that can afford by the applicant.
- Council tax liability
- Number of family member including the non-dependants
If you know that you are qualified for housing benefit you should not delay claiming it. The first thing to do is to proceed to the agency and complete the claim form. As much as possible you should show proof of self-employment, proof of income and other requirements asked by the office. If the claimant is self-employed there are other requirements to be submitted before the claim is processed.
Moreover, when applying for housing benefits for self-employed you should ensure to meet the savings required. Likewise, the approval of the claim is based on the savings as well as personal circumstances of the claimant. It is also required to submit the audited business accounts and the self-employed earnings. On the other hand, if the applicant does not have the audited accounts then you can complete the information form for self-employed earnings. You also need to provide the income received, trading period and the expenses incurred.
How Is Housing Benefit Paid?
Before you decide to file your claim about housing benefit you should be aware about the payment option. In this way you will know how much you need to pay for the housing benefit. In addition, you should also know how long you need to pay for the housing claim
Nevertheless, if you cannot afford the housing costs you can inquire from the Council Tax Benefit and apply for Discretionary Housing Payment. Yet, the council would look for the following items:
- Proof of savings
- Obtain financial assistance from other source.
- If any of the family members can help financially or if there are assets that can help meet financial shortfall.
- Finances that can ease the situation.
- Total income
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start a Daiquiri Business?
- How to Start a Merchandising Business
- Starting a Gemstone Business
- Starting a Gourmet Popcorn Business
- Starting a Sausage Business
- How to Start a Key Cutting Business
- How to Start a Used Car Parts Business
- How to Start a Fudge Business
- Starting an Adult Entertainment Business