Plum Farming Business
If you want to start a plum farming business, you will need to know the growth requirements. Plums are easy to grow. With a large land space, you can now grow your own farm.
You will not only love the beautiful blossoms but you can sell the juicy fruits as well.
Starting a Plum Farming Business
There are individuals who are interested in planting and in managing their own farms. If you’re one of those lucky people out there with a green thumb, it would be a great idea to enter the plum farming business. Aside from the delicious, fleshy, and juicy fruits that you can harvest, your farm will truly shine out during spring because of the blossoms. The farm can become a visual treat to passersby. You can reap benefits after a few years and the good news is that growing plum is quite easy.
What are your farm’s needs? By identifying your needs, you will be able to choose the right tree. Plum trees come in different varieties. If space is a problem, you can plant the dwarf varieties. These trees can grow to a maximum of 2.5 meters. Other plum trees can grow really tall and will reach around eight meters. For a farm of plum trees, it’s best to choose the ones that are not susceptible to pests and diseases. With a large farm area, you can plant different varieties, so you can foster pollination.
Growing Plum Trees
The best time to plant plums is early spring or late autumn. October is the ideal month to do this because the trees love full sun. Choose an area where they get plenty of sunlight. A well drained soil is good but you will have to ensure the soil is not dried. The area should be prepared at least one month before the planting time. You have to put organic fertilizer or bone meal. You will need to support the plum trees with stakes for the succeeding two years. You can tie the stem of the tree to the stake using plastic. Like any other tree, plums need watering, pest control, fertilizing, and pruning.
Pruning is very important. You have to do it properly to ensure optimum growth. You can do this during fall. All dead stems should be removed, so sunlight can reach the branches. You also need to provide adequate nutrition. Feed the trees with fertilizer. You can put it on the ground or you can spray it. Regular watering is also important. You can do this weekly or every ten days. Be sure to check the trees for pests and you can use food-safe pesticides. Now that you know the growth requirements, you will be able to have a healthy plum farm with beautiful blossoms every spring. The fruits can be sold after harvest season. If you want, you can also sell seedlings.
- Dear Sir/Madam, I Want to start dairy farm business in our village . kindly send loan procedure & Project report . Thanks & Regards, Dinesh Sharma 09250942689
- I start to dairy farm in vellore dist I need loan only already I have lands
- Dear Sir/Madam, I Want to start dairy farm business in our village .bamora teh.jern distt. neemuch send loan procedure & Project report 10 to 20 animals provide dari business loan. Thanks & Regards, pankaj vashnaw 09460041380
- Hi i am satyendra kr. singh from Bodhgaya, Bihar, India. I want to take subsidy loan to open dairy farm. So please guide me.
- Hi, i want to start dairy farm .kindly send me loan procedure. Thanks & Regard.. Abhishek Kumar, 9718214384
- i want to start my own business in dairy farming in my village so i need loan for this purpose so please send the loan process. ASHOK KUMAR MO.9334438909
- dear sir/ mam, I want to start deary farm project in our village. kindly send loan procedure.
- sir i want start dairy farming. i need loan so plz guide me
- I have plan to start dairy farm plz help to get loans. send me the procedure for loans
- Dear sir. I have plan to start dairy farm project in my village. So i need loan procedure & project report 10 animals provide dairy business loan. Thanks & Regards SUMAN 9866331240
- Dear Sir, I have plan to start dairy plant with 100 nos catles in my village. i need loan to start and complete my project. i have 15 years working managerial experience with a manufacturing company. regards, Rahul Singh, 9412650070
- Dear sir/madam, I want open dairy so plz tell about loan for dairy.
- I am gutham from guntur andra pradesh. I want to start a dairy farm in my village kindly give suggestions for loan.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides