Manufacturing Business Intelligence
Whether you are already in the manufacturing business or just planning to establish one, knowing the manufacturing business intelligence is vital.
In figuring out the business intelligence of marketing ventures, you must first know and understand its basics which include the true definition of manufacturing, the processes, and the materials as well.
In its traditional sense, manufacturing can be referred to those floor activities of factory. More specifically, it refers to direct production, grinding, cutting, fabrication, as well as the assembling of the materials. In point of truth, it also consists of several of the processes, activities, and decisions that take place in upstream as well as downstream of the floor activities of the factory. It also includes other associated and related processes such as strategic, development, and operational as well. Strategic is mainly concern to product costing and strategic planning while development is concerned on product designs, e-business, as well as the process development. The third which is the operational is the most detailed one which includes plant design, management of the supply chain, capacity management, performance measurement, interplant coordination; plant scheduling, quality management, equipment maintenance, workforce organization, and product distribution.
Furthermore, there are also several sectors in manufacturing such as the large mass manufacturing, contract manufacturing, SMB manufacturing, and the outsource manufacturing. Each of these manufacturing sectors has their own issues and risks as well.
New Processes As Well As Materials Involved
Recently, there are already new processes as well as new materials involved in manufacturing business that drive the manufacturing sectors like biotechnology and nanotechnology. Value creation, production, innovation of products, and market control are linked with maintaining competitive edge. There are also current business models as well as partnerships that have emerged in order to absorb engineering knowledge which is now science-based. Collaboration and technique with channels that are academic are also common nowadays. Such production which is technology driven is however not eagerly established out. This generally means that as businesses evolve the technology used in their operations, new materials and processes as well as new types of skills in production are also necessary to evolve. In addition to this, outsourcing jeopardizes the process knowledge and the transferring of the core products.
Online sales which are focused digitally, management on supply chain, and marketing changes the connection between the business and the customers as well as the suppliers. As production and development processes turn out to be more entwined, it results to the improvement on the speed to market. This difficult system which is evolutionary in nature is not just procurement process in order to obtain components, it is more than that. It has bigger value add element and must thus be maintained in house. As the production changes to quick turnaround and decisions that is custom activity turns to the production location, expanded quality as well as functional flexibility creates even tighter connections between the production and development.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- About Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Business
- Starting a Plastic Manufacturing Plant
- Becoming a Brick Manufacturer
- Setting up an Animal Feed Manufacturing Company
- Starting a Garment Manufacturing Business
- How to Start Tile Manufacturing Business
- Starting Tobacco Product Manufacturing Company
- Cement Bricks and Concrete Block Manufacturing Business
- Glass Manufacturing Business
- Start Diaper Manufacturing Business
- Top 5 Money Making Manufacturing Businesses to Start in South Africa