How to Start Retail Gas Business
When you want to start a retail gas business, you have to learn and study all the information about it before you begin. Do you want to know how you will get comprehensive information? We can show you the way.
A retail gas business is an establishment that sells lubricants, diesel, and gas for road motor vehicles.
Standard Oil of California built in 1907 was the first gas station in the United States, and the increase in motor vehicles led to more gas stations in the following years.
There are two types of retail gas business – one is selling discount-branded gas while another is selling premium-branded gas. Discount-brand stations are independent stations or smaller regional chains offering cheaper gas. They are usually available in rural areas and most accept only cash. On the other hand, premium-brand retail gas business includes international brands like BP, Mobil, and Esso, as well as brands like Petro-Canada and Pemex. These premium-brand filling stations typically accept credit cards , although they may charge higher prices.
Startup a Retail Gas Business
If you want to startup your own retail gas business, you can choose between self-service and full-service gas stations. In self-service stations, the customer will be the one to pump gas himself. On the other hand, in full-service gas stations, there’s an attendant who will check the vehicle’s oil, operate the pump, wipe the windshield of the car, and collect payment after the service. A retail gas business usually has a toilet and convenience store that sells auto parts, motor oil, and even beverages, food, and lottery tickets. You may also sell liquor but you have to check the laws in your state.
Advertising Retail Gas Business
To have a successful retail gas business, you need effective marketing strategies. You can begin with brand recognition through media, design, and advertising. Remember that your name, logo, and slogan should always be in front of your customer’s eyes. Whether you own a single retail gas business or a chain of stations, you need a great marketing plan. Here are some tips:
- Offer technological advances and promotions that are not present at other service stations.
- Get to know your potential customers and make it a point to connect with them, whether via television, print, internet, or other advertising forms.
- You may also offer incentives, such as gears with your business name and logo or special credit card promos.
Creating a high-quality, consistent retail gas station may be challenge, especially if you are just beginning to start one. Retail gas businesses that give good customer satisfaction attract brand loyalty. To get industry related newsand learn more about gasoline retailers, go to hoovweb.hoovers.com while to view a case study on one major gas retailer, check out.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides