How to Start Mobile Notary Business
By definition, a notary is an entity commissioned by the state to witness the signing of important documents. There are several reasons a notary client can?t or won?t travel to a notary?s office.
It may be because of distance, time, and maybe even health-related. Choosing on looking at the glass half full instead of half empty, now becomes a window for a business opportunity.
Going directly to clients to serve them instead of them coming to you is not a bad way of marketing. This mobile notary business guide will help you establish your own notary business venture.
Here are sure steps to start your mobile notary business
Begin by preparing yourself
First, apply for a commission. Visit the National Notary Association website and fill out the necessary documents. If you need further information, clarifications, or instruction tips, consult with a business consultant. Second, gather your needed tools. Invest in notary stamps, a notary logbook, and probably a portable PC for your other recording activities. Third, prepare yourself to go around places. Allocate a budget for your traveling expenses. Invest in a couple of road maps and a few pairs of travel “on”.
Know your rate
There are many ways to calculate and justify your rate. First, survey how much other mobile notary competitors in your area charge, and then set your fees near to what they charge. The second charging option you could do is simply have a standard fee plus an extra traveling fee. Many mobile notaries prefer to charge this way since it’s easy to explain to clients and tally. Another way to charge clients is by setting fixed distance charges. This means your rates will differ on how far and where you traveled to accommodate the service. You could have a per zone charge. You can make a table to easily explain to your clients. Finally, you could also charge an hourly rate or time spent fulfilling the service plus traveling. Clearly, there are several ways to charge your client. Find a rate and a charging system that best suits you.
Make a list of potential clients
Grab a yellow pages book and jot downlisting of potential clients. Do some cold calling and offer your services. Before calling, make a telephone script of what you want to say and practice a few times in front of a mirror. If you call 100 names, there’s bound to be at least 10 who will take on your offer.
Getting the word out
Promote yourself by first conducting yourself as a serious entrepreneur. This means becoming professional in your trade. Start with a sharp-looking business card that tells about your services as well as your contact information. Give them away during social events. Better yet visit your local Chamber of Commerce and try networking your services with people in those circles. Also, use print ads in the Sunday newspaper to get more people to notice you. Another way to attract clients is to develop a website that notary clients can easily goggle.
Keep on keeping on
Keep your head up look for the big fish in the industry. Try targeting big clients with potential multiple notary needs like real estate brokers or try targeting areas like the city hall where there’s the traffic of people with documents. Clearly starting a mobile notary business is easy but developing a client base will take time to develop.
- Starting a Notary Public Business
A notary public business caters with certification and authentication of various documents. This kind is not for anyone especially if you are not a licensed notary public. Therefore, before engaging in such business makes sure that you have the license to perform the practice of notary public.
- Steps for Becoming a Notary Agent
Do you want to become a notary agent? You've come to the right place. You can use the instructions found in this article as a guide to achieving the career that you want.
- Thank you for this wonderful information!
- Thank you so much for this information. you've given me a great place to start.
- Thanks you so much for the information. You Be bless
- notary, mobile, binghamton, n.y. how much to charge? by millage? any info would help. thanks
- I live in Orlando area I am a public notary and will like to star as a mobile notary can you give me any leads of how can i start and how much i should charge thank you
- Dumfreis, Virginia, 22025. I'm a Notaryand have been for a long time. I'm looking into starting a mobile notary business, and would like some ideas on how to get started.
- Excellent ideas!! Thank you! Definitely i will use them. Good luck for everybody.
- Sandra' Public Notary Service @ Fort Washington ,MD20744. I would like to Thank You for the information on starting Mobile Notary Service..Great suggestions and best of Luck to all... I also would like to add I am an Notary Public and will travel to you with an fee that is considered how far the travel and the time spent on the paper work that is being legalized... for service please call 240-273-5642 or visit my website @ www.Sandra's Notary PublicService@bbnow.org
- Salinas, CA I.m a notary signing agent. I work with various Notary companies notorizing loan docs. My question i would like to know how to start my own business thru brokers or escrow companies.
- I want to become a notary with bank as contract employee any ideas or information is welcome. Thanks
- Norfolk,Virginia I am trying to find info on how to become a mobile notary for reverse morgtages. I currently have my notary license for the state of Virginia. Thanks for your help.
- Do I need to register my business as a mobile notary? Thank you.
- Union, NJ. I am a Certified Notary Public and I am looking for information how to register with Mortgage Companies to be able to do mortgage closings. Thanks
- My location is Houston, Texas Harris County. Thank you for your advise. God Bless You
- I am a Notary and live in Texas. Your comments are great ideas. However, I thought that Notary Fees were already set for particular types of notarizations. In your Notary Kits you get a list of those types and the amounts you are to charge. So, your income would actually be in what you charge for gas and mileage, right? Please clarify.
- HELLO I AM A MOTHER OF 4 AND WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME HELP IN STARTING MY OWN BUSINESS FIRST I WANT TO START BY ASKING IS NOTARY PUBLIC DIFFERENT FROM A SIGNING AGENT? IF SO I LIVE IN NY HOW CAN I APPLY/GET LICENSE S IN BOTH OF THEM? ALSO WHAT TYPES OF COMPANIES/AGENCIES WOULD I CONTACT TO DELIVER THESE TYPES OF SERVICES AS AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR? THANK YOU VERY MUCH HOPE TO HEAR SUGGESTIONS.
- There are several other things you may do as a Mobile Notary and also depending on which state you live in.
- BECOME A CERTIFIED NOTARY SIGNING AGENT: Goto The National Notary Association www.nationalnotary.org, Notary2Pro www.notary2pro.com. Once you have passed the exams and are certified, the NNA will promote you on their signing agent site and you will receive phone calls.
- If you are in Florida, you may supplement your Notary Public income by conducting wedding ceremonies. When I lived in Florida, this additional service brought in a lot of monthly income. I believe there are only three states that allow a notary public to conduct wedding ceremonies. Provide PERSONAL services like wedding day keepsakes, photography, certificate of marriage, and other services and you will soon have a following. Email me, if you are interested in this and I will tell you exactly what I used to do.
- You can also become a CERTIFIED PROCESS SERVER. Google process server and see where the training classes are being held. It only takes one class to become certified and I believe, $100. The class SHOULD include ways to market your new skill and how to promote your new skill.
- You can also do inspections. Look into NCCI. www.ncci.com
- Promote yourself on Google! You will get calls here too.
- Las Vegas mobile notary services 702-445-8749
- I am a current notary in Florida, and would like information on how to become a closing notary for major mortgage companies in N.W. Florida
- I am looking to start doing this business in south NJ. I heard that there is a one day class that you can take to get all the information you need plus a 3 hour supplement class to further your knowledge and business. Any information you can give me about this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
- I am looking for starting up a mobile notary service in the New York, probably in the Queens county. Where would I get E&O insurance? Any organizations or association to join to be abreast of changes or laws concerning Notary Public duties and responsibilities.
- Mobile Notary Public in the Metro Washington, DC area. Bonded and insured! (202) 607-8488.
- Mobile Notary available. I can be reached at 202-327-4458(after 5 PM)
- Mobile Notary available in Bergen and Hudson county. Reach me at 201 456-8292...
- Experienced notary for years. 24 hour Mobile service with reasonable fees. I am bonded and Insured. Serving Arlington, TX and the entire DFW area. I can be reached at KiyaDavis.Notary@gmail.com.
- Glade to hear from you all. i am advocate v.selven Bsc .BL, from coimbatore India. i am doing all type of documentation throughout India with nominal fee. contact through 9894067363 or mail me in firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you friends
- I'm a resident of Dade County, Florida. I'm a Notary and I will like to get some information how to promote my business with wedding ceremonies. I was reading #17 and Ruth B.will give information to those inquiring. I will be getting training for a Signing Agent on June 28-2014. I Thank you in advance for your information. You have a great day! Diana Perez, email@example.com
- I want to open a Driving school in louisian. What do I need to do to have a license of instructor in driving courses. can you help me
- I am a New Notary in the District of Columbia and would like to start a mobile notary as well any suggestions would help.
- I am in Denton County (North Dallas,TX) area and am just starting my mobile notary/signing agent business. I'm already certified but am looking to find someone in my area to mentor or even partner up with me. If interested email me, Tmarcd@gmail.com Thank you for your time.
- Jacksonville, Florida I would like info concerning article #17 Ruth B. With doing Wedding ceremonies and becoming a signing agent
- Hello I am retiring soon and I would like a home based business that I continue to earn income.I want to start a mobile notary business.I live in Miami,Florida and I would appreciate any hello I can get on advertising and getting customers.Thank you.
- I am a new notary in Texas I am trying to start up my mobile business. I have my cards but because it is so many notaries in Houston its a competition.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start Mobile Catering
- How to Start Your Own Charter Fishing Business
- How to Start a Mobile Spa Business
- Mobile Detailing Business Startup Kit
- How Do I Start Pilot Car Business
- How to Start Mobile Billboard Advertising Business
- How to Start a Mobile Donut Shop
- How to Start a Mobile Phlebotomy Business
- Street Vendor Business Pros and Cons