How to Start a Tax Consulting Firm

The taxation system in many countries are the ones that raise tax consulting firm or tax consultancy firm into the level known to us today.

They offer expert or specialized advice to people in taxation and in return earn money from it.

Introduction to Tax and Taxation

Tax is the amount of your money that is charged by the government to be used by the government itself in carrying out many functions like enforcing the law and order of the place, property protection, economic infrastructure, public welfare and services, as well as public utilities. Taxation is the act where this tax is imposed to tax payers and generates good revenue. In many countries today, the taxation system has raise the tax consulting firm or tax consultancy firms. These firms can provide specialized or expert advice in the world of taxation and give taxpayers of industrial, commercial, and multi residential with tax management and property assessment services.

Some of these tax consulting firms somehow serve as the extension of the business operations of their client as well as support their financial and strategic objectives, or as guardian or protector of the rights of taxpayers through the understanding as well as rectification of their liabilities in taxation, by giving the tax compliance and resolution services. However, the most common among the services of tax consulting businesses involved real property and personal property tax service. The first one is categorized into market comparison, site inspection, assessment analysis, and appeal negotiation in reducing real property tax. While the latter is provided through the evaluation of the client, site inspection, and recommended adjustments of clients.

Starting a Tax Consulting Firm

The first and foremost thing that you must do if you will establish a tax consulting firm is to learn the taxation and tax consulting operations. There are many institutions offering taxation’s degree as well as Master’s degree programs not only for the tax consulting operations but also for the improvement of taxation systems in the different government as well as private agencies. The program generally aims for a student to have a thorough understanding of tax system and tax law and more. Just search for a good school that offers taxation course and understand the complexity of taxation and you can understand how the business will work.

One of the most popular career and business for taxation is tax consulting or the tax consultancy firm. This business can earn you money as well as help taxpayers settle their liabilities or difficulties in taxation. You just need money to invest and buy the needed tools and equipment as well as rent space for your office and knowledge of taxation even as a whole to put up this kind of business and you are ready to go on rolling.


  • Genet Addisu Hailu said on July 30, 2011
    i want to open office on business of Accounting and business consulting in Ethiopia countries.
  • PAVAN R K said on March 26, 2012
  • Raghunath expert adviser said on March 27, 2012

    @PAVAN R K, best way to approach is going part-time to full-time. Start with friends and relatives, file their tax returns, advice them on how to save money. Once you have some true work to show your prospects then open an office with full-time aim.

    Raghunath Natarajan
    Startup Biz Hub - Advisor (Staff)

  • R.K.Choudhary said on October 15, 2012
    Sir, I am B.Com (Hons) from calcutta University, I do part-time accounts & taxation jobs. I want to enhance my business, for this purpose can I open a tax consultancy firm (as i am not a Chartered Accountant of Advocate)
  • Kiros hadis said on November 23, 2012
    I want to start tax Consultancy job independently in Mequelle, Tigray, Ethiopia. So that what could you advice me
  • M.P. Majummder said on November 23, 2012
    Sir, I am B.Com from calcutta University and doing accounts & taxation jobs. I want to start a tax consultancy business. please guide me with some important tips. thanks in advance.
  • Ajay Kumar said on November 26, 2012
    I am B.Com and LLB also i have done my enrolled in bar council In Delhi, but now i want to start practice in as taxation field so can i start firm as tax consultant?? Please advice .. Ajay Kumar
  • Shibu Sarkar said on December 24, 2012
    sir I am a B.COM(H) GRADUATE, and i am a TRP(tax retuen prepare). I want to open a consultancy firm at madanpur(nadia, wb) please guide me.
  • Prasad Gokhale said on December 25, 2012
    i am a commerce graduate. i have also done one Diploma in Tax Management from Welingkar Institute. Right now working in a CA office. I want to do career in taxation. So request you to advice me in this matter.
  • vivek Ekghara said on December 26, 2012
    I want to open a tax consulting business in ranchi. Presently i am a qualified CA and currently working with a PSU. I seek advice on the business plan
  • parveen said on January 18, 2013
    I am a credit control executive in a transport company in new Delhi but I am leaving in Faridabad and I want to open a consultancy firm with some of my friends. so I need some advice in this matter. thanks. Parveen singh
  • Bappa said on February 15, 2013
    I am B. Com (Hons), I want to be a tax Consultant, Where I can apply? is it any Certificate for practicing consultant?
  • BIDYUT SANPUI said on February 16, 2013
    I am M.CM(C.U)and completed 3 years articleship as Chartered inter student. I was unsuccessful. Now I am in 40 yrs. I do taxation job. Can I start a tax consultancy firm. Please advice me and tel me the effective way to enhance this.
  • sumeet sao said on April 1, 2013
    sir, i am sumeet kumar sao from jagdalpur, chattishgarh. i'm working as accountant from 3 year, and i have completed my , ll.b, sir how can start work of tax Consultant, as i want to become a tax advocate
  • Kislay Kishor said on May 30, 2013
    sir, i want to open a Tax Consultancy Firm. and i want to know whether there is any kind of exam to pass conducted by the Income Tax Department.
  • Rabin Debnath said on August 12, 2013
    Respected Sir, I have computer institute where i teach our student computerize accounts and tax. I have little knowledge of tax, But now i want to do a tax consulting firm, plz guide me where i get training tax related all the matters.
  • soumitra said on September 2, 2013
    My business location is at Guwahati . I am MBA (Fin) and M.Com (Accounts) . I want to start tax consulting firm . Please advise. Thanx
  • PINTU KUMAR said on September 9, 2013
    Sir, I am B.Com (Hons) from Ranchi University, I do accounts & taxation jobs in a Company. I want to enhance my business, for this purpose can I open a tax consultancy firm (as i am not a Chartered Accountant or Advocate)
  • Belinda Masamu said on September 20, 2013
    Am located in Dar es Salaam and would like to start my Tax Consultant firm. I would also want to add business consultant as business planner, business writing report,and accounting. I have the following qualifications:
    Advanced Diploma in Tax Administration
    Post graduate in Business Administration
    Master in Business Administration- Corporate Management
    am not a Chartered Accountant but believe can handle that. please assist.
  • kaleem said on November 15, 2013
    sir, i am Graduate can i open tax consulting firm in hyderabad. thanks and regards kaleem 9346675828
  • malay das said on December 3, 2013
    dear sir, what documents are required to open a tax consultancy firm. how I shall get it? please clear to me if possible. thank .......
  • BIJIT NATH said on February 7, 2014
    Sir, I am B.A. from Gauhati University and interesting to open tax consulting firm in Tezpur, sonitpur, Assam, With regards BIJIT NATH 9508144406
  • Ranjan Ghosh said on February 12, 2014
    Myself B.Com(H), Diploma in EXIM & MBA(Finance) having more than 20 years working exp in Finance, Accounts, Taxation(Direct & Indirect), ROC, esic, PF matters with wide handon experience in latest E-filing system ,intend to start an own Tax consultancy firm or with a partner. Please help me.
  • PRADEEP NAIK said on March 3, 2014
    I am B.Com Graduate From Mumbai Univ Can i Practice as Sales Tax Consultant even though i am not a Chartered Accountant & an Advocate.
  • Subhajit Datta said on June 2, 2014
    I am graduate from nbu (west bengal), how to enroll in tax consultancy
  • narayan lohar said on June 12, 2014
    respected sir, i am bcom graduate from jodhpur jnvu univercity rajasthan. can i start work of income tax, i wanna be a tax consultant can i sir. if i cant then then what qualification i need. thank. u
  • Raj sekhar said on June 27, 2014
    Respected Sir, I completed My Bcom. I am an accountant. I just want to start a service tax consultancy firm. How the opportunities will be. what are the qualification required. how can I get more information about this. If a CA wants to open this, is it an added advantage to him?
  • Karthik said on July 9, 2014
    Hi, I am a Graduate from Bangalore, i want to start tax consultancy with my friend who is also equally interested & we both friend are working in a reputed organisation. Kindly suggest how i can go about this
  • maagi said on July 10, 2014
    respected sir, i am taxation i want to open tax consultancy, what document required and procedures, please make me clear.
  • roopesh srivastava said on August 7, 2014
    i am b. com graduate and also registered tax practitioner of income tax can also registered of up commercial tax department.
  • MD AKHLAQUE ASLAM said on September 27, 2014
    Sir i completed & also completed ca ipcc with 3.5 years of articleship as per ICAI norms. Now i want to established own tax consulting firm. So I kindly requested to you sir please guide me .
  • BALA said on November 8, 2014
  • Robin Parmar said on December 1, 2014
    I Want To Open Tax Consultant Office What Was The Procedure
  • Sanjay Kumar Banik said on December 2, 2014
    Respected Sir.. My name is Sanjay Kumar Banik.. By profession i am an Advocate.. i am an M.Com and LL.B.. Now i am practicing in the area of Income Tax.. and wanted to open a Tax Consulting Firm as early as possible.. please suggest me..
  • Harshal Joshi said on February 23, 2015
    I am appear student and i want to be a tax-consultant how i can become a tax consultant.
  • Harshal Joshi said on February 23, 2015
    I live in Dhule city in Maharashtra state.
  • Tanmoy Dawn said on July 6, 2015
    i passed hons in Burdwan university i started ica (the institute of computer accounts) and completed this course .....please advice what better line i go
  • PARTHA HALDER said on July 10, 2015
    I am a commerce graduate, already worked as an part-time and full time accountant in different small & medium size organisation, now I set up a tax consultancy & accounts firm in my residential place at Basirhat, north 24 pgs, my question, am I eligible now to handle in different case matter such as income tax , sales tax , , service tax, etc , to different revenue related court,as a tax adviser of my client, I have a certificate for from govt of west bengal for practicing sales tax ,vat ,as an agent of a dealer, I also completed a certificate course from Tally Academy in compliant with accounts in Tally software, please give me advice.
  • malay das said on September 10, 2015
    dear sir, I am hons) and certificate course in income tax, computer basics, tally9. now I want to proceed open a tax consultants firm. how to do it? please advice. I live in city - rangia , kamrup, assam. thanks......
  • Neeti said on January 19, 2016
    Sir i completed & also completed ca pcc with 3.5 years of articleship as per ICAI norms. Now i want to established own tax consulting firm. So I kindly requested to you sir please suggest me .
  • Suanta pramanik said on March 12, 2016
    Sir i completed & also completed ca inter. Now i want to established own tax consulting firm. So I kindly requested to you sir please suggest me.
  • saket said on April 14, 2016
    Sir,i am Professional Accountant. I complete 3 Years Article ship with a CA Firm before 15 years ago. I have rich Knowledge in Accountancy and Taxation. I have many Clients. Kindly Advise me any other tax course for Future legal Problem about my Carrier. or can i Do practice same knowledge?
  • Vipul said on May 14, 2016
    Mr. @Saket, CA is best course. But, In case you have left CA, go for CFP or Get NISM-Investment Advisory Certification mandated by SEBI.
  • Renu Tate said on June 14, 2016
    am B.Com, also completed a small course of taxation from reputed institute I want to be a tax Consultant, Where I can apply? is it any Certificate for practicing consultant? How can i start up my practice
  • Layappa S B said on December 23, 2016
    Respected Sir, I am B.Com Graduate from Bangalore, I am working as a accountant in a Company, I have 4.5 years experience in Accounts. I want to start own tax consultancy firm (as i am not a Chartered Accountant or Advocate) I request to you Sir kindly advise me
  • olabisi said on January 13, 2017
    Hi, pls I need help, I want to start up a tax consulting firm, have registered the firm because I am charted in taxation. I really want to know what are the necessary things I need and how I will go about it. Thanks
  • Deepanjali Vijaykumar Pat said on February 16, 2017
    sir, i am pending with CA final 1st group, but i want to start tax consultancy services can i start without any legal requirements & any other degree in hand..
  • Pramod Chougule said on February 2, 2018
    I want to open TAX CONSULTING OFFICE NEAR Kolhapur ROAD PLS GUIDE 8600215921
  • BALAJI said on October 5, 2020
    I'm a B.Com General Graduate. I've worked as a junior auditor for the last 2 years and I've much more experience IN GST, IT TDS and IT Filing too so I'm willing to start a tax consultancy firm kindly help me with procedures. Thanking you. MY CONTACT NO 8778026762


    (All the above fields are required.)