How to Start a Mobile Canteen Business
There are lots of locations strategic and potentially profitable in which to operate a Mobile Canteen Business. These locations include disaster relief areas, conventions, sport centers and stadiums, universities, amusement parks, and more!
But before you even start a Mobile Canteen Business, there are important things that you need to know.
People just love to eat! They look for the most convenient way to grab their food. Be a blessing to these hungry people by placing a Mobile Canteen Business right where it’s needed.
Essentials of a Mobile Canteen Business
You don't need formal education on business or food preparation to put up a Mobile Canteen. However, make sure your converted vehicle and cooking appliances are ready. Eye a strategic spot for your Mobile Canteen. Make sure that there is a good level of human traffic within its vicinity. Conduct a feasibility study and an interview with potential customers to know their buying preferences. Licenses and permits must be obtained before you can legally operate your Mobile Canteen. Each municipality or city may collect varying amounts for licenses and permits. According to the Business Revenue Department, $300 is paid for License Fee which is non-transferable or refundable. A Trustee Tax is collected for the 5.5% monthly tax on prepared food. A registration with the Health Department is needed. No Zoning Approval is required if the canteen is constantly changing locations. Hence, you must decide whether to make your Mobile Canteen stationary or regularly moving. A Solicitor’s Permit is required with a non-refundable fee of $25. Note that a Solicitor's Permit may not be readily obtained. You will then be given a license to operate and a wagon sticker from the Commissioner of Revenue. In the City of Muskogee, Oklahoma, the Clerk collects $55 annually for each Mobile Canteen. There is also a schedule of collectibles for advertising such as playing loud music.
The Menu and Offerings
Typically, people favor burgers, sandwiches, juices, sodas, among others. As you go along the business operation, you will gain insights from your actual customers and staff. Establish a relationship with a supplier(s) of your materials and ingredients. Select those that give you high quality products at low prices and have extensive inventory. Having a dependable supplier is important in ensuring a smooth business operation. Always look for opportunities to improve your products and services. One of the basic advertising means is having a highly accessible and visible location. Think of ways to perk up your Mobile Canteen. Lively and upbeat music are powerful marketing tools. Other head-turners are colorful banners, attractive uniforms, eye-catching racks, containers, packages. Maintain a desirable level of cleanliness and hygiene. Keep your food fresh and delicious. Always give your best service to customers because their opinion good or bad told to their friends would bring dollars either in or out of your cash box.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start Mobile Catering
- How to Start Your Own Charter Fishing Business
- How to Start a Mobile Spa Business
- How to Start Mobile Notary Business
- Mobile Detailing Business Startup Kit
- How Do I Start Pilot Car Business
- Mobile Home Park Business
- How to Start a Mobile Donut Shop
- Street Vendor Business Pros and Cons
- How to Make Money from a Car Boot Sale?