How to Start a Document Storage Company
90% of all companies has their secrets stored on paper as backup copies and they can’t really afford to lose this valuable data. But neither do they have the capacity to store and preserve such paper work.
As a result most companies outsource this load to document storage companies.
How to start a document storage company!
Record keeping is the bane of almost every business but according to state rules almost every company has to keep a paper copy of all important documents archived for set period of time. As a result, the resulting avalanche of paper becomes really difficult to handle. Most companies to save time, effort and space just outsource the storage of relevant and essential papers to a document storage company. If you are interested in starting a document storage company then there are a few things you have to be aware of like.
- Most document storage companies have to deal with storage of essential documents in a secure location. As a result, you will need a large area for ware housing of the papers as well as the necessary know-how of preserving the papers. If you are planning to offer your clients online access to the documents they have stored with you then you will have to scan the documents stored with you to create a digital warehouse as well as your own website with its own secure login. You can earn about 9 cents per document scanned and you can do the scanning at the company itself or at your premises. There will also be a considerable financial outlay for scanning machines and the server required to store your digital library of scanned documents.
- Companies require safety for their paperwork and you will have to work constantly to make sure that your papers are archived properly and preserved both digitally as well as physically. This requires periodic checkups and expensive preservation checkups. All documents have to be stored according to local standards of safety and preservation with the requisite temperature as well as humidity control
- You will require a detailed inventory to help you retrieve the documents you want as soon as possible. For this you will require staff for detailed processing of paperwork and indexing for quick retrieval. All paper work has to be archived and inventoried both in total and when individual paper work comes in. You will also need help to preserve the documents from natural hazards like fire, earthquakes, and robbery too so make sure to get the best insurance for your company, on needed that can save your life.
- Quick retrieval and easy access with safety is essential for any document retrieval agency. There might be many companies who are offering the same services but make sure what you offer is unique and your services are competitive then only you can have a win win situation.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides