How to Start a Carpet Cleaning Service
Carpet cleaning services are low capitalized business that can be done on a part time basis. It has low maintance overhead and no rental costs.
This business guideline will help you get started right with this simple but profitable venture.
Develop a business plan
However easy to start this business is, it still needs some planning. First of all, consider how you can get ahead of other competitor carpet cleaning services? What makes your service different? Because of this, it is best to think of terms how you can add more value to your work. Determine a strategy that will make you different from the rest.
Register a name and license
Visit your county Clerk’s office and inquire if your business needs a license to operate. If it does than you figure out a way to get that license. It is also best to register a name for your business. Use a name that appeals to customers.
Look for start up capital
Carpet cleaning is a simple business to start. The start up cost is a joke. With almost no cash out, risk is very low. And because you can work from your home as an office, no rental overheads! Compared to other competitor businesses like dry cleaning, the carpet cleaning business has a low start up cost. You can self finance your business easily or use credit cards without going into to much debt. All you need are carpet cleaning equipments and a car you can use as transport. In addition to these, you will also need to have a reliable cleaning chemicals and water supply.
Identify your focused market
Choose from two market groups. Both commercial and residential need carpet cleaning services. As long as people continue to use and purchase carpets, your business will always be open. So literally you have no shortage of market and certainly no competitor service has captured and saturated the market. If you offer quality service and you do honest work with your clients, you will develop repeat customers. Learn to charge reasonable prices and you will have more room for more business.
Decide your work length
Decide whether you want your cleaning business to be part time or full time. Indeed your client’s house will become your day to day office area as you offer your carpet cleaning services.
Strategies on how to clean a carpet:
- Use a good quality vacuum cleaner
Invest on a heavy duty, tough on dirt, super powered vacuum cleaner. It will make your work easier and certainly quicker so you can take on more clients.
- Know how to spot clean carpet
Learn which chemical to use on what. Learn proper use of chemicals so you don’t over do it. Don’t just keep on pouring, study which chemical to use to a particular stain.
- Put extra effort on areas that are always used
Work on all the carpet but spend 80% of your time cleaning the areas where there is a high traffic concentration of dirt.
- Work efficiently but quickly.
Clean systematically and work by areas but be quick about it. Don’t sacrifice quality service for quantity service. However if you can do both, that would be best.
- Love the carpets you clean
Treat the carpets you clean as your own. This way you care for them like they were yours.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start Mobile Catering
- How to Start Your Own Charter Fishing Business
- How to Start a Mobile Spa Business
- How to Start Mobile Notary Business
- Mobile Detailing Business Startup Kit
- How Do I Start Pilot Car Business
- How to Start Mobile Billboard Advertising Business
- Mobile Home Park Business
- How to Start a Mobile Donut Shop
- Street Vendor Business Pros and Cons