How to Start a Boxing Gym
What are the things you need to start a boxing gym? If you would like to start this kind of business, you need to be ready physically, emotionally and financially.
You need to be a certified boxing trainer yourself before you can start your own boxing gym.
Nevertheless if you have a large capital that you can use to start this kind of business you may hire a boxing trainer and start investing boxing equipment.
There are 2 ways we can start our very own boxing gym.
If you are a certified boxing trainer and don’t have the enough capital yet, you may choose an area at home, where you can train beginners and charge them an hourly rate. While doing so, you have the chance of saving your money and purchase new equipments.
Basic boxing requirements that you will need will be boxing gloves, head and body protection, punching and gum shields. All you have to do is to teach them basic techniques for boxing.
You may start advertising your small boxing gym by giving out leaflets within your neighborhood or if you know someone at the near-by schools you may want to ask if you can have time to promote your boxing gym during PE subjects with the students.
If you are planning to invest a large sum of money for your boxing gym, here are the things that you would be needing:
Gym Space and Location. You may want to choose a commercial location where you can start your boxing gym: near offices, schools or any location that does not have any boxing gym yet. You may also want to consider leasing a space or if you can afford to buy a building that will fit to be a boxing gym as long as it has huge windows, high ceilings, wide floor area where you can place the boxing equipments.
Permits, Insurance and Business Plan.
- Permits will allow you to operate your business legally.
- Insurance will protect you, your staff, and your gym members if any unwanted physical injury happened while they are in the gym.
- Creating a business plan will help your boxing gym be successful as it will direct your business to the path that you would like, especially for your financial issues as it takes a lot of preparation.
Staff. You need to hire trainers and staff personnel to assist you in your gym operation. Some will serve as boxing coaches, expert trainers, receptionist at the receiving area.
Equipments. Installing a boxing ring is the most important equipment that you will need. Aside from the rings, here are some equipments and boxing supplies that you may have in your boxing gym: workout mats, heavy bags, speed bags, timing bags, jump ropes, gloves, hand wraps, protective cups, protective headgear, punch mitts/focus pads, weights and benches, treadmills, medicine balls and other workout equipment.
Advertisement and Promotion. You may want to provide posters in some commercial areas, or schools. You may also choose newspaper ads or recommend boxing to a school near your boxing gym, give out brochures through your staff.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Starting a Sports Complex Business
- Starting a Sports Marketing Company
- Starting a Sports Academy
- How to Start Indoor Playground Business
- Way to Crafting Business
- Starting Your Own Sports League Business
- Open a Polo Clothing Store
- How to Start Your Own Sports Management Company
- How to Make Money Selling Golf Balls?