How to Farm Algae
Today, there are lots of benefits of algae farming that are not known by many people. In fact, they have major benefits in the financial, environmental, commercial and industrial aspects as well.
If you are into the algae farming, then you can make use of the tips mentioned in this article.
Today, one of the latest trends in farming is no other than the algae culture which is primarily concerned in the cultivation of algae species. Most of the cultivated algae are classified under microalgae also known as phytoplankton. Another type of algae is the macroalgae which is commonly known as the seaweed. If you would like to farm algae, you need to put into consideration several factors such as light, nutrition and temperature. The most ideal place where you can farm algae is in the raceway pond. This type of pond makes use of natural methods. Before you start up your own algae farm, you need to decide whether your algae would be used for production of biofuel or for feeding of fishes.
Tips on Farming Algae
If you prefer your algae to be used in feeding for fishes, then you have to combine herbivores and omnivores in your chosen tank. The most common problem when it comes to herbivores is that they are always end up eating algae which are off the tanks and not being able to distinguish the algae flakes. If you have a fish farm, farming algae can also be very ideal because this will secure the health of your fishes.
In growing a large population of algae, of course you need to have a tank which is designed for the algal growth. They are just cheap and can easily be bought in pet stores in your locality. The best tip that can secure the fast growth of algae is the use of light. The estimated amount of time that you need to turn them on in the algae tank is from 10-12 hours. But in order for you to save more money, nothing will ever beat the light that is given off by the sun. This is because of the fact it will pave the way for the photosynthetic process of the algae. Aside from the light, the heat will also be very helpful so make it a point to keep the tank to 77 degrees.
Water changing must also not be done in a regular basis because this can sometimes hinder the algae from growing. This may also disrupt the tank’s nitrogen cycle and alter the water’s Ph balance. For the fast growth of these algae, the Ph level and the nitrogen phosphorus can also be very essential factors, so they must always be maintained.
Cleaning up the excess algal growth is also needed. Keep an eye on the tank and perform scraping on a regular basis to reduce the algae proliferation. The use of chemicals in doing this is also prohibited.
- i want to start a algae farm in Narromine 2821 NSW Australia
- Can you invite me to join you? e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. This in reply to: @Greg Griffiths. i want to start a algae farm in Narromine 2821 NSW Australia
- Agricultural co-operatives are needed in South Africa to grow algae and other biofuel energy crops.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides