How Much to Charge for Daycare
Establishing a daycare might be a little bit difficult especially if you do not know where to start. There are many things to consider in building a daycare center, whether it is in your home or on another place.
One of the most bothersome matters in starting a daycare is rate of your charge to your patrons.
The Financial Expenses of your Daycare
Daycare centers are quite popular especially in urban areas. This is where most parents are working and they have no other choice but to leave their children to the care of these centers. If you are also planning to establish one, you have to know the expected financial expenses of starting this particular business. You have to know the needed materials for your center to begin operating. List all these things before buying. Planning before buying is a wise way for you to save time and energy. Plus, you will not be confused recording your financial expenses. Keeping tab of your expenses is one factor in determining your charge rate. Once you have all your expenses recorded, charging your clients will be a lot easier. Make sure that your charge rate is not too high to encourage possible clients and not too low resulting to your bankruptcy.
The materials needed to complete your daycare center are also another thing to be taken into account in deciding your charge rate. These include diapers, wipes, and other things that are needed by children. Also consider if you will be giving snacks. All your expenses in these things must be covered on your charge rate.
Conduct a Survey
Conduct a survey on the charge rate of the other daycare centers near you. That way, you will be able to compare and eventually decide on how much you’re going to cost your patrons. On conducting your survey, it does not necessarily mean that you are going to every daycare center. That will be too much effort on your part, and also very tiring. You can conduct your survey by calling other daycare providers. Just take a look on your telephone directory, you will surely find them. You can also search in the internet. Most of these daycare centers have online advertisement.
However, you might discover through your survey that there are a lot of providers charging very low rates. In such cases, these providers might probably have close friends as their clients. If you are not convinced with their rates, then try the National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (NACCRRA). They are the ones who are keeping track of the charging rates of daycare centers. You can also ask the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC). One of their advices to new daycare providers who have no idea on how much they are going to charge their customers is to contact a resource and referral service in your locality. Moreover, you have to determine the number of children you are going to attend to. You have to group them according to their age. For example, you have to schedule the toddlers during the morning and preschoolers in the afternoon. You have to charge differently according to the age groups.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start a Non Emergency Medical Transportation Business
- Tips to Start a Pharma Distribution Business
- How to Start a Medical Tourism Business
- How to Start a Medical Waste Disposal Business
- How to Start Medical Marijuana Business
- How to Start a Private Duty Nursing Business
- Marketing Strategies for Pharmaceutical Companies
- 5 Steps to Open a Geriatric Care Management Business
- Starting a Nursing Case Management Business