Companies That Spend the Most on Advertising
Advertising is one of the most effective strategies that many companies employ in order to be in touch with their customers and eventually to trade their products or services.
Some of the industries that spend the most in advertising are pharmaceutical, media, automotive, consumer product and telecommunications.
The Importance of Advertising
Advertising is an effective means on how you can able to communicate to your target audience. This can be the way of most companies to introduce their product through their ads. These can either be through media or print ads or other marketing strategy that can help them boost their product’s reputation in the market. Advertisement is an effective way to persuade a customer to purchase that product especially if the endorser of the product is a very influential or well-known personality.
Procter & Gamble
This is one of the most well-renowned companies all over the world that sells various products such as laundry soap, shampoo, bath soap, creams and other products that we need. In United States alone, Procter & Gamble spend about $4.18 billion in 2009, which is according to AdAge. Advertising helps them effectively because many customers patronize their product.
Verizon Communications is one of the largest telecommunications company in the United States that offers wireless services. In 2009, they spend almost $3 billion on their ads.
It is Verizon Communication rival company in terms of providing wireless service in the United States. They spend almost $2.8 billion on advertising in 2009.
General Motors or commonly known as GM is one of the biggest car manufacturer worldwide and largest in the U.S. Some of the well-known brands that they sell are Cadillac, GMC, Buick and Chevy. The company spends $2.2 billion on their advertising especially on Chevy which is $923 in 2009.
Pfizer is the world’s leading pharmaceutical company. In 2009, they spent about $2.1 billion for their ads. Some of the well-known drugs that they provide are Pristiq, Chantix, Viagra and Lipitor. But Lipitor is the largest which is $247 million.
Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson is a health-care, consumer and pharmaceutical product that produces products like Aveeno, Tylenol and Neutrogena. In 2009, they spent $2.06 billion for their ads. This company is also a well-known manufacturer all over the world.
Walt Disney Company
It is the world’s most famous and leading entertainment corporation and they spent about $2 billion for their ads. The company has several brands such as ABC, ESPN, Disney Video and Walt Disney Pictures.
Time Warner Company
Time Warner Company is a media giant with brands such as Sports Illustrated, TNT, HBO, Tine Warner Video and Warner Brothers Movies. This corporation spends a lot of ads especially on movies.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Writing a Sales Strategy
- Using Discount Ticket for Business Promotion
- Types of Advertising Agencies
- How Does Advertising Help a Business
- Bakery Marketing Strategies
- How Advertising Affects Business
- Health Club Marketing Ideas
- 7 Tips to Advertise your Botox Business
- How to Advertise a Trucking Business
- How to Advertise your Amway Business?