Starting a Child Care Business
This article gives you an overview of the child care business. Learn more about the child care business. Find out what qualities a child care provider must possess and what his or her job responsibilities are.
The need for childcare service providers has never been more paramount today than it has ever been before.
This is the unavoidable consequence of the marked increase in the number of dual income families. As both parents spend majority of their time in the workplace, someone should take their place in looking after the children. This is where child-care service providers come into play. In view of this, it is safe to conclude that pursuing a child-care business at this time will prove to be, to say the least, a fruitful undertaking.
Ideally, a child-care provider is energetic and can keep up with the demands of his or her highly active job. This person is responsible, consistent, and competent. He or she is quick to make calculated decisions and is not easily perturbed. Most importantly, this person possesses a fondness for children and the patience to deal with them.
If you are thinking of starting a small business and you have the qualities mentioned above, then it will be to your benefit to explore the child-care business as a possible option.
This business is relatively easy to organize and requires very little in terms of capital. You can start your business in your home provided you have ample space. Otherwise, you can lease space elsewhere and set up your child-care center there. In case of the latter, prepare yourself for you will need to run a much bigger operation. This is to offset the cost of the lease.
Enumerated herein is a list of the things you need to take into consideration as you carry out your startup efforts. (1) Type of center and service to offer (2) Training and Certification (3) State and Legal requirements (4) Financial resource (5) Play equipment and activity program (6) Client needs (7) Insurance (8) Staffing (9) Location, and (10) Pricing
The matter of health and safety
You need to pay particular attention to health and safety issues. Needless to say, the area where your client’s children will be spending their time must be childproof. What follows is a rundown of some of the things you should watch out for. Note that this list is only a partial list.
- Windows, especially low-lying ones must be securely fastened at all times.
- Make sure that play or activity area is enclosed or has safety gates so that your charges won’t be able wander off outside and onto the street.
- Keep objects that may pinch their fingers (example: folding chairs) and objects that are sharp (knives, pens) out of the reach of children.
- Install safety covers for electrical outlets.
- As much as possible avoid having animals or pets around.
- Never let your charges play with toys that are small enough to swallow. Similarly, never leave them alone with food or drinks in the event that they might choke.
- The top and bottom of stairwells must have safety gates. Never place a rug in that area. It can cause the children to slip and tumble down the steps.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides