When to Plant Vegetable Seeds
Having an idea on how and when to plant vegetable seeds is important because this will help you to have a plentiful harvest. There are particular vegetables that need to be planted on a certain time of the year.
That is why here are some ideas when is the best time to plant those vegetable seeds of yours.
There are some particular vegetables that require a cool and moist ground so that the roots will grow well. These certain vegetables are the beets, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, lettuce, onions, potatoes, radishes, and spinach. There are the examples of vegetables that need to be planted during the cool season. They are all suited for the cool air and cold weather. To be specific, the best time to plant these types of vegetables is during the end of the summer. Even though these are hardy vegetables, it could take on a frost and remember that they are not suited for winter. Make sure to plant them as soon as the summer temperature starts to drop specifically when the temperature is 55 to 75 degrees only.
To be able to germinate and grow your seeds properly, some vegetables require a warm temperature and soil. Some examples of these types of vegetables are beans, corn, eggplant, and okra, tomatoes, sweet potatoes as well as vine crops. These are all warm weather vegetables. In order for them to grow properly, the weather should be warm as well as the soil where they are planted. Cucumber and summer squash are also good example of these types of warm vegetables. These types of plants are best planted during the early spring right after the last frost. When you notice that the winter temperature starts to end and the warm weather starts, start planting these vegetable seeds and watch as their roots start to grow and as they grow you will see how they grow as a full grown plant. Remember that these warm vegetables would usually die during the frost season. That is why you should not plant too early.
How to Plant During Spring?
It may be a little hard for you to wait for the final frost. This is a part of the things you should do if you are looking forward to get a head start of planting your vegetables for summer. You may bring your seeds inside your house and grow them there for a couple of weeks to protect them from the frost. When the temperature reaches 65 degrees, it is already safe to transfer those partly grown plants outdoor.
Tips on Cold Weather
When the cold weather starts to be anticipated, it is much safe to bring your herbs inside the house for winter. If you intend to plant cooking herbs, you might want to try hanging them in a wide basket and hang them near the window where they can get enough sunlight.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start a Gas Station
- Starting a Night Club
- How Do You Calculate The Mark Up Price
- How Much Does it Cost to Charter a Private Jet
- The Importance of Setting up a Board of Directors
- Three Types of Corporations
- Construction Business Ideas
- How Do Movie Royalties Work
- Disadvantages of Skimming Pricing