Ways to Deal with Computer Virus
One of the best ways to deal with computer virus is doing preventive measures which include deleting unsolicited emails and attachments, avoiding dummy sites, and avoiding downloaded files from unsecured websites.
As the computer and Internet technology becomes more advanced, hackers and online fraudsters are also becoming more sophisticated with their hard-to-detect viruses and malwares to steal sensitive information, online bank accounts, credit cars, and email accounts of users.
According to security experts, the two most common methods in transmitting malware are by using email and “dummy” site. And while software companies have developed security protection against viruses, users may still have their computers infected.
Meanwhile, here is the list of guidelines in avoiding virus and treating infected computers.
Delete messages from unknown senders; these are most likely to be spams or programs that might be automatically installed in computers to steal the sensitive information of users. However, some messages, even those which are sent by someone who is in the contact list of a user may also be infected with a virus. The rule of thumb is to delete a message if this is unsolicited.
Be extra careful when opening attachments that end in ppt., exe, .com, and.doc. Meanwhile, email attachments that end with .js and .vbs should be immediately deleted because these files are usually embedded with a malware.
Do not download files from sites which are not secured.
Be extra careful in dummy sites which resemble a webpage. Most dummy sites are so realistic that most people end up typing their usernames and passwords thinking that they are in a real website.
Avoid using disks which have already been used in other computers.
Be careful when downloading anti-virus programs from sites; some are reported to be installing malicious softwares to computers.
To avoid viruses, users should download anti-malware from secure or authority sites or obtain this program to a disk which is safely shared.
If users suspect that their computers are infected with virus, there are authority websites where they can install virus updates and run the software. However, some updates may not be able to delete a malware but at least it can identify if a computer is infected or not.
After knowing the specific virus, the next step is to search the Internet on how to remove this and what are the available programs which must be used.
Download and install the recommended software to eliminate the malware. Make sure to follow the instructions stated on the website. Meanwhile, it is also ideal to run another anti-virus program to make sure that the computer is clean.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start a Gas Station
- Starting a Night Club
- How Do You Calculate The Mark Up Price
- How Much Does it Cost to Charter a Private Jet
- The Importance of Setting up a Board of Directors
- Three Types of Corporations
- Construction Business Ideas
- How Do Movie Royalties Work
- Disadvantages of Skimming Pricing