Wal-Mart Asked to Pay $17.5 Million for Racism Lawsuit
Retail giant Wal-Mart was slapped by court with a $17.5 million compensation damages after it was proven to implement a racist policy which discriminated upon those truck driver applicants who belong to African-American race.
Meanwhile, Wal-Mart said it will settle the litigation for the best interest of its business partners and shareholders.
Wal-Mart, one of the biggest retail chain stores in the US, has been slapped with a court order with multi-billion compensation damages after the company was proven to adopt racist policy in hiring and recruiting truck drivers.
The court asked the retail giant to pay truck drivers Tommy Armstrong and Daryal Nelson with $17.5 million in damages after the company has been proven to implement a racist policy which discriminated against African Americans.
Hank Bates, lawyer of the two truck drivers, said that his clients are very pleased with the court’s decision which ruled in favor of the two men who are African Americans.
In a statement, Wal-Mart spokeswoman Daphne Moore said that the company is seeking for a diverse race on its workers including for its truck drivers, but still, the retail giant has decided to settle the litigation for the “best interest of its business partners and its shareholders”, she added.
Moore also said that the retail company is further enhancing its efforts to hire African Americans, adding that they are just making sure that there is a diverse race in the applicants.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Business News
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides