Starting Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Business
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a recognized procedure for treating certain chronic diseases, including non-healing wounds. Do you have experience with this? Do you know of others with experience in a similar but related field?
You could team up and start a facility where other treatment centers can refer patients.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a program to treat a patient by letting him breathe pure oxygen in an enclosed chamber with a pressure more tremendous than expected (more than 1 atm, sometimes as high as 3 atm). This chamber is known to treat chronic conditions (like non-healing wounds) or as a standby facility for emergencies where patients need an immediate oxygen supply. Just like any medical-related facility, starting a hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) business is no easy task. It could take several months or more to get a license to open it. If you are planning to open a hyperbaric oxygen therapy business, here are some things you have to think about:
HBOT could not be done without a physician’s recommendation, and it should be administered with the supervision of a medical professional. Ideally, the people who start this business should have experience in a closely related field like respiratory and pulmonary treatment. And usually, they are a team in several different but related areas. The staff should as well be fully trained. Get certifications from well-known organizations like the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) and the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology to boost your credentials. To cite, there is such a thing as a certified hyperbaric technologist.
- A Guide on Starting the Therapy Contracting Business
- A Guide to Start an Occupational Therapy Business
The best way to get clients in this field is to network with groups and people who can refer patients to an HBOT facility. Wound care centers are among the best healthcare facility groups to network with for an HBOT facility. Another would be groups that treat underwater accidents where emergency patients need an immediate oxygen supply.
Since this procedure is a therapy, it will last for a certain period. For the treatment to be successful and efficient, a straightforward program or pathway should be followed. The program could last from a few hours to days, depending on the treatment type. A team of medical professionals should thoroughly discuss and outline this schedule.
Equipment and Facility
HBOT occurs in an enclosed chamber accommodating one person or more (multiple). A section costs more than $100,000. In addition, you would need a source of oxygen. You’d also need a space to contain the chamber and receive patients. This space should include a restroom for changing a patient’s clothes into a gown suited for the procedure.
As said, a medical facility is subject to more stringent requirements when it comes to licensing. Ensure you’ve researched all the necessary offices to comply with all the requirements.
- Requirements for Starting a Massage Therapy Business
Do you have the talent in giving massage and have the passion to make it a big business? Learn how to start massage therapy business now.
- Choosing a Massage Therapy Business Name
Deciding what business name suited for your company is very simple. Start by coming up with massage therapy business name ideas to ensure that you choose the best there is.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start a Potato Chip Business
- How to Start a Fertilizer Business
- How to Start a CNA School?
- How to Start a Distillery Business
- Starting Aloe Vera Export Business
- How to Start a Dental Lab Business
- How to Start a Trucking Dispatching Business
- How to Start a Pillow Business
- How to Start a Makeup School