Starting a Pad Printing Business
Have you ever wondered about pad printing? In theory, it’s a basic process of transferring two-dimensional images into three-dimensional objects. In actual practice, there are numerous variables affecting machine performance, productivity, and image quality.
Moreover, printing substrate, print speed, doctor blade, ink, and plate should also be considered. We can show you how to start a Pad printing business here.
Arguably, one of the versatile printing machines today is a pad printer. Pad printing is not only constrained to specific materials or flat surfaces, in fact, these machines can print into diverse products such as pens, calculators, clocks, mobile phones, watches, golf balls, and thousands of everyday items. You can pad print into any shape of product and virtually into any substrate material.
Pad Printing Business Guide
Printing into various promotional products can be a lucrative and exciting business. All you need is good quality printing equipment that is reliable, upgradeable, versatile, and easy to use. You can find different kinds of pad printers in the market today.
Pad printing is extensively used not only in promotional product printing but in industrial marking as well. Since there is a huge growth in promotional and corporate gifts, you can advertise your business to retail and wholesale clients at the same time. You may be concerned that this is a complex skill to learn but it will not be so if you choose a machine that has high quality training tools to help your business run in no time.
Startup a Pad Printing Business
Truly, the most important part of starting a pad printing business is the machine that you will use for creating the finished products. Here are some considerations for you to ensure that you are maximizing the supplies and equipments available for you:
- Printing Subtrates – the material or substrate of the item where you will print on should be fully understood. Different subtrates use various inks for wear-resistance and adhesion.
- Press Adjustments – automated machines have separate adjustments or control for ink impression and pickup. It’s prudent to start with light pressure and slow speed settings, increasing as needed.
- Doctor Blade Preparation & Care – doctor blades are used to remove the ink from the surface of the plate; therefore, this should not contain cracks or nicks to prevent plate damage. Always clean them thoroughly.
- Printing Pads – in many standard configurations, silicone printing pads may be custom manufactured in order to suit your need. They come in different hardness levels.
- Ink Formulation – use the ink that’s specially formulated for the substrate you’re printing on. It’s also important to follow directions to achieve drying properties and optimal adhesion.
- Pad Printing Plates – the aluminum photo-polymer plates are easy to use and inexpensive. On the other hand, machine engraved metal plates can be more expensive but they can easily handle high volume projects.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start Cyber Cafe Business?
- Starting an Underwear Business
- How to Start Glass Recycling Business
- Start a Petroleum Business
- Starting a Used Clothing Business
- Start a Battery Rebuilding, Repairing and Recharging Business
- How to Start an Ice Business
- How to Start Agricultural Chemicals Retail Business