Palm Tree Farming
Are you eager to know the common processes and things to learn in palm tree palming?
Taking care of a palm tree is a difficult task if you lack of knowledge about these interesting trees, therefore it is very important for you to become skilled at tree farming with our simple tips on how to take care palm trees effectively.
Palm Tree Farming, from Passion to Business
Do you have a great passion in cultivating and farming of palm trees? If yes, why don’t you use your big knack in farming palm trees and convert your habit into a profitable business of producing palm tree products.
Palm tree or referred as “Arecaceae”, is not just a typical tropical plant but this interesting tree provides particular products that are useful for us such as delicious dates and the palm leaves which is commonly used during Easter Sundays. Palm trees are also used in landscaping and you often to see some gardens in your neighborhood bearing this exotic tree. That’s why palm tree farming is considered as a business prospect if you want to earn from taking care of these valuable trees. However, before you start to build-up your farm it is important for you to learn its different types as well as the factors you need to consider for your model Palm Tree Farm.
Types of Palm Trees
Palmtreegardens.com have listed some of the most popular palm trees that can be cultivated locally, here are the examples:
- Coontie Palm (Zamia pumila) – This typical type of palm tree is mostly used in landscaping because of its bonsai-size appearance that stands around 3ft. in height. It is also perfect specie for gardens since it can be planted in pots or urns and can be used as indoor or outdoor ornament, too. This plant is a slow grower but easy to maintain and can survive even in the hottest days of summer.
- European Fan Palm (Chamaerops humilis) – This specie grows up to 15 ft. and one of the popular palm trees today because of its adaptability to climate and well drained soils. In the United States, this is one of the favorites and often seen on patios and verandas.
- Needle Palm (Rhapidophyllum hystrix) – Another favorite in landscaping, this palm tree is a fast grower and stands about a height of 6 ft. This specie is native of the southeastern lands in the United States and a perfect ornament for patios and terraces.
- Queen Palm – This type of palm tree is easy to find and a fast grower as well with little maintenance in growing this specie. Typically, Queen Palms are best for lining streets in the main roads because of its astounding beauty and size which normally can reach up to 50 ft.
Important Tips in Palm Tree Farming
In taking care of Palm trees, there are several factors that affect its growth. One of factor is the weather. So before you choose a palm tree to grow you should learn its tolerance in cold weather. There are certain species that can withstand lower temperature and some may not, which might cause damage to the plant.
Another factor is the susceptibility to diseases and health concerns of the palm trees. Fertilization is also important in your Palm Tree farm, so therefore you should read books and get tips from the experts so you can grow them successfully, especially if you plan to run it as a business.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides