Murrel Fish Farming
Murrel fish is a water fish that can be grown substantially in a small farm. This farming can supplement high revenue on the part of a small farmer. It also serves as an alternative to many farmers in order to avoid other pollutants and mercury that can affect the lives of murrel fishes.
Raising these fishes is never a hard task as it only requires hard work and commitment.
Murrel fish farming is familiar in cultured countries such as Taiwan, Philippines and Thailand. This kind of farming tremendously offers opportunities not only to farmers but to unemployed and poor youths. In this farming, there are requirements that a farmer must follow to grow murrel fishes abundantly.
Land that Meets Murrel Fish Farming
Among the requirements set in murrel farming, the land must be considered a number one priority. It must meet two of important standards: the pond must possess good-quality water and must be positioned above the plain. Metabolic wastes should be removed from the land as murrel fishes can be grown and safely stocked at a much higher density. A low land is also required as the soil can hold water compared with an urban area that must first be converted in fish farming.
Pond and Size Construction
Apart from the land that should be prepared, also pay attention to the size of the pond. Remember that the amount of murrel fishes that can be raised will depend on its size. Never plan to overcrowd the pond as it can entirely affect their lives. A large pond will require many fishes that can adapt into it.
On the other hand, the pond must be constructed suitably for excellent murrel fish farming. An earthen dyke should entirely be built in order to retain water and hold fish. The estimated height for the dyke is between fifty to one hundred cm that may depend on the topography and tidal amplitude of the land. It is also necessary to provide a perimeter canal where the water comes out. Apart from the perimeter canal, cross trenches must be constructed in opposite directions. The lower part of the trenches should be placed above the canal in order that the entire water can be removed during the desalination.
Drainage and Water Supply
For an effective drainage, a feeder canal is provided in order that the water flow can be regulated. Sluice gate must fit on the wooden shutter and be placed at 30cm height of the plot. Another sluice can be used in draining out water from the plot down to the feeder canal. This can be placed during low tide for drainage, desalination and water exchange. On the exit and entry mouths of the gate, wooden shutters are placed to be able to regulate water movement.
Water Temperature Control
Additionally, the water temperature in the pond must be controlled to produce more murrel fishes that cannot be grown in a geographic area. It further provides optimum growth and maximizes food conversion. A maximized production is expected to occur in the entire year that allows rapid income since fish can be provided in each week.
- should I get a contractor to build the murrel fish pond for me, and if so , where could i find one?
- Sir am raju from krishnagiri, tamilnadu, India. Advise me whether this farm business is suitable for my location if so give me details regarding this & some reference people to contact. Thank you...
- Hi, Am planning to start a small cultivation. I have some clarifications. can have the email address or contact number. Thanks
- Dear, Sir. Hope you are doing fine. I would like to know about the growth of Murrel fish. If I take a 10 Gms Murrel fish. How much time it takes to grow Up-to 1 kg or 500 gm. This information is very important to me and what price per KG i can get into the market in June. Looking forward for your positive reply to me. With Best Regards.
- Dear sir i am interested in murrel fish farming and i have 50 acres of lake from Govt of Karanataka as a lease for 5 years. How can i develop murrel fish farming and where seeds available, cost of seeds.i waiting your suggestion. Thanking You.
- I'm esakkiraja. I'm in India .tamilnadu state ,tuticorin city . I'm planning for murrel fish farm. I need ur murrel farm details and ur experience . Kindly give me ur valuable experience. Thank u
- Dear sir, I'm from Hyderabad.. I'm planning to build a murrel fish pond on my building top about 25' x 25'.. I'm very much interested in fish farming.. How many murrel fish can I accommodate in that pond... any cost estimations u can tell... Thank u in advance...
- Hi sir, i am from hyderabad i am planning small pond in half acre of land ,how many fishes can i grow in it and where can i get seeds, i am very interested in it pls do reply
- ismail my business fish farming india state karnataka chikkballepure (distic) gworibidanut (taluk and twon)
- Dear friend, If you have any doubt about murrel cultivation, then you can approach Dr.Hanifa Zoology Department of Xavier collage, Tirunelveli. Because separate class were conducting for murrel farming and you better contact Dr.Hanifa (CARE) and he is the person conducting training program for Murrel farming
- hi sir i am from hyderabad interested in murrel farming my half acre pond is ready so can u please tell me how many fingerlings can i put for intensive farming pond depth is 6 feet .
- hi sir i am from hyderabad interested in murrel farming my one acre pond is ready so can u please tell me how many fingerlings can i put for intensive farming pond depth is 6 feet.
- hi, i am sudhakar from hydrabad i am planing to do business aquea foma like morral seeds required. please suggest and guide me thanks, s sudhakar +918341412458
- Hyderabad, Telangana, India. While researching for the fish farming, i came to know about this article. could you please suggest or help me start the fish farming. the article typically gives all the information but experience do count and the expertise. hope to hear from you. thanks
- Dear sir i wish to start a murrel fish farm in coimbatore. Can you pls give me some ideas about the land and the water quality required for this farm.
- D.I.KHAN - KHABER PAKHTOON KHWA (KPK) (NWFP) - PAKISTAN. Dear sir, I was interested in Murrel Fish Farming. I am presently doing Rohu farming at 50 Acres for the past 10 yrs. Kindly help me in guiding the construction of murrel (SOL) fish farming. Or guide me where can i get full technical details on construction, seed, stocking, feed and etc. thanking you sincerely, Tariq Khan
- If anybody want to know about murrel cuture please contact Dr.M.A.Haniffa, Emeritus Scientist, who is the murrel expert in India. I am his 41st Research scholar. Among the 43 Research scholars 15 of us were finished Ph.D in Muurrels only. By private consultancy you can attend training programmes on Murrel Culture, in Tirunelveli Tamilnadu. The contact no is 9443157415, email: email@example.com. Thank you
- I am from Sin, Pakistan I tried Sol farming. But due to cannabalasiam I failed. Can any body guide me for its successful farming?
- Dear Sir I am from karaikal. Wants to start a fish culture as a business. Posses three ma land. Guide me in this regard
- Hi,I am from hyderabad. I'm planning to start small fish farm through aquaponic. I have 400sqyrds of land. Want to raise tilapia or Murrel fish. could you please suggest me on the same. I want to get trained on fish farming before opening it.
- Can these fishes like Murrel, catla and rohu be cultivated in a cemented tanks i n a small areas. if so can i get the training in India. Myself S Lakshmi Rao from Eluru, West Godavari District of Andhra Pradesh State. Waiting for your suggestion. Thank you.
- HI, I AM SYED FROM PILER, CHITTOOR DIST,A.P,I AM STARTING 1 SMALL FISH Breed OF MURREL, GIVE ME Suggestion ,HOW TO START THE FARMING, AREA, MORE THAN FISH CAPACITY OF MURREL, SIZE OF FEETS INSIDE .
- I am Shahnawaz from Hyderabad, interested in murrel farming. Can you plz guide me how to proceed. I hv 500sq yds of land. Thanks
- sir i have interested in murrel fish farming where the seed available.
- Hi, Our Pond is already constructed for 12 feet width by 25ft Length for testing purpose, Once we get the practical knowledge of the farming, i will be increase the size of my pond to around 2 acres land, i hav no worries no marketing at all since i have my own shop in the market :) But i would like to know few things before i explain in detail: 1. Where would i get the murrel fish seedlings near hosur or close by 2. So for testing purpose since i have constructed the small pond how many number of fishes should i be taking or considering Thanks -- Vivek 9880202283 from Bengaluru
- Hi I am shankar.I have started murrel fish in my pond. Going good.
- i have two acre land at thiruthani with fresh water i wish to start murrel i want to know the investment and profit per Annam. with regards, Baskar.M
- Is Murrel Farming possible in Aquaponics?
- Dear sir I hope you are doing fine I would like to know about a growth of murrel fish I have recently started murrel fish culture how much time it taken to grow up to 500 gm to 1 kg please guide me and what kind of feed use the this culture for the starting time which time to take the craff and please give me this culture experts phone numbers especially in andhra pradesh.
- Hi, this is Venkat from Andra Pradesh.. really I am so much interest about fish farming and I have don't knowledge about fish farming but having interest to know about fish farming. Can some one help on fish farming and especially about Murrel fish farming and if any body having ebooks/word documents about Murrel farming. Can you send my email id Krishna515@gmail.com. Thanks, Venkat
- Hi, This is krishna from Hyderabad. Am interested in the fish. Planning to start a small scale unit of fish farming.
- Good evening, I am a ponds fish farmer . I am finding Murrel seed fish. I am from Malaysia. Can you give me any information who is manufacture or supplier. I want to buy them . If Malaysia or thailand this good for me. Thank you.. My mail is - firstname.lastname@example.org, Thank you.
- Hi, I am from hyderabad. I'm planning to start small fish farm through RAS. I have 250 sqyrds of land. Want to raise tilapia or Murrel fish. could you please suggest me on the same. I want to get trained on fish farming before opening it. Fish growing density in cubic meter
- Hi, I am from hyderabad. I'm planning to start small fish farm through aquaponic. Want to raise Murrel fish. could you please suggest me on the same. I want to get trained on fish farming before opening it. Regards, Rahul
- Sir, I want to visit few farmers who are doing murrels farming in 1-2 hectares ponds in Telangana. After taking the opinions of those farmers I want to start murrels farming. My village is in Yadadribhuvangiri district old Nalgonda district
- Hi sir i am varma i am interested to grow the murrel fish plz help me i am in hyderabad where i can get seeds plz reply
- hello, sir i want to do murrel fish farming. pls, advise me how will be the business. thank you sir.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides