Organic Poultry Production
The call for producing organic meat and egg products through organic poultry production has been the top priority these days, since products from organic chicken farming are safe to eat for the people and it has great benefits for the environment as well.
Know the fundamentals of organic poultry production if you’re planning to apply organic ideas for your poultry.
Organic Poultry Production as the Answer for Organic Chicken Products
The demand for organic meats has been increasing every year due to the popularity of organic farming that values not only for the well-being of the consumers but also in protecting the environment. In organic farming, the use of chemical-based or synthetic pesticides and fertilizers are strictly prohibited, thus the growth of farm crops and animals depends in the organic way. Same also in organic poultry production, poultry owners are trained to use natural farming techniques to raise chickens and to produce eggs without the application growth hormones and poultry antibiotics.
Based on recent statistics, there’s a gradual increase on the number of poultry owners using the organic poultry production methods just to satisfy the demand for organic chicken meats and eggs. This only means that since there’s a large demand for organic choices than non-organic products, there’s a big opportunity waiting to those poultry raisers to go organically and be part of the growing industry. As a matter fact, the US Department of Agriculture is helping the American farmers in shifting to organic farming, like in organic poultry production, by providing financial assistance through federal grants since there’s a huge cost needed for this agenda.
Familiarizing the Fundamentals of Organic Poultry Production
Chicken meats and eggs undergo several quality check processes before it can be tagged as certified organic. Therefore, before a poultry farm can be declared officially as organic, it should pass first the standards set by the local Department of Agriculture.
A poultry farm is certified organic if:
- The flocks are raised without the use of antibiotics for their treatments (unless it is required for some circumstances like to stop the spread of diseases) and fed with organic feeds that don’t contain chemicals. The farm soil should also not contain synthetic fertilizers and growth hormones or vitamins are not allowed to be applied on the feeds for the chickens.
- The flocks have freedom to forage outdoors like in a free range system, thus requiring the poultry owners to provide large space for this purpose.
One of the best reasons why many consumers are patronizing organic chicken meats and eggs is the guarantee that the products are safe for human consumption since there are no antibiotics used in raising the chickens. According to studies, those meats and eggs produced non-organically causes health risks. However, the drawback against organic poultry products is the high price, since organic poultry owners need to be compensated on the high cost of maintaining an organic poultry farm. But if we’re going to sum up all the benefits, it only shows that it is better to go organic and it is the best time to convert your chicken farming into organic poultry production system.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Writing EBooks for Profit
- Work Order Planning
- What is Included in a Business Plan
- What is an Executive Summary in a Business Plan
- What is a Good Business Plan
- Role of Business Planning
- Business Planning Methodology
- An Advantage of High Deductible Plans and Health Savings
- Business Planning Cycle
- How to Report a Business to Trading Standards
- Business Planning Simulation
- How to Plan a Business Expo
- Types of Barriers to Entrepreneurship