Organic Chicken Manure Fertilizer
If you own a poultry business and you’re thinking of the right way for the disposal of the chicken manures, now there’s a good solution for your problem as you can convert it to become organic chicken manure fertilizer for soil fertility.
Start learning the benefits and the ways on how to convert the chicken manures as fertilizers for crops and gardens.
The Benefits of Organic Chicken Manure Fertilizer for Soil Fertility
For poultry owners, chicken manures are ordinarily a big problem because of its stinky smell and very foul odor due to the presence of ammonia on its composition. The horrible odor also attracts certain types of farm pests like flies that carry diseases causing health risk not only to the farm chickens but also to humans. This can also draw the attention of rodents such as mice and rats which can destroy farm crops and properties. However, despite of the negative outcomes of having chicken manures in your poultry farm but instead of disposing it totally, you can use it as fertilizers for farm crops and enhancing the soil of home gardens as well.
Even so it is considered that chicken manures are best fertilizers for soil fertility due to its capacity to produce Nitrogen (N), Phosphorous (P) and Potassium (K), but without proper management and knowledge on its conversion this could give problems instead of benefits. A wrong application of chicken manure can cause nutrient imbalance that kills the crops. If the chicken manures reach groundwater, this will result to contamination which is harmful to the health of the people living near the area.
Nevertheless, if the chicken manures are properly converted into organic farm fertilizers through composting process, it can boost the water holding capability of the soil by improving its pH level. By means of composting, the NPK levels will be balanced to meet the demands of the soil for nutrients. Let us teach you the right ways of composting in converting the chicken manures as organic fertilizers.
Producing Organic Chicken Manure Fertilizer through Composting
Composting is the process of piling animal wastes or feces to make composts that are used as fertilizer and to condition the soil for planting purposes. Chicken manures need to undergo composting procedures so it could become an organic fertilizer. The following are the right procedures in composting to prepare the chicken manures in the piles:
- Collect the coop bedding together with the chicken manures and place it in the composting bin. This can be done in a daily basis if possible, to ensure that the chicken coop is free from the stinky smell and infestation of farm pests.
- Follow the right combination of Carbon over Nitrogen by achieving an ideal C:N ratio and this depends on the type of beddings used in the coop. This process is very crucial in ensuring that the organic matters are being break down properly to create compost.
- Maintain the right heat temperature of the compost pile within the range of 130 degrees Fahrenheit to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (a higher range might kill the beneficial microbes) and sustain it for 3 days. Repeat this process until it is ready to cure naturally that last for more than a month or two. It is ready when the color becomes dark with sweet smell.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Writing an Audit Report
- How to Start a Money Transfer Business
- Why Does a Firm Use Long Term Debt
- What is the Purpose of Business Research
- What is the Difference between Business Management and Business Administration
- How to Start a Popsicle Business
- How to Make Ant Farm Gel
- How to Start a Biscuit Business
- Starting a Commercial Cleaning Business
- How to Start a Siding Business
- How to Start a Cargo Business