Industrial Machinery and Equipment Repair and Maintenance Business
Every business needs a machine or two in order to operate. As every equipment or machine is bound to fail or get broken at some point, a repair would always come necessary in the life of a tool. If you have skill, training or experience in machine repair, you could start a business providing this service.
Find out the primary considerations in opening this business.
To start a business repairing and maintaining commercial and industrial machinery and equipment, one needs to have either the experience or the formal training to fix heavy equipment for the construction or machines for an office. Or, if the prospective business owner has none of these, he could hire someone who does. This technical skill may have been earned as a result of a person’s previous work, or by enrolling in certificate programs and trainings. To find colleges offering machine and equipment repair trainings, visit www.collegeboard.com.
Machine and Equipment Repair Shop Space
Among the most important question a prospective owner of a repair shop must ask himself is whether he has the space to do the repairs and to keep the equipment for the trade. Though some of the repair works and most maintenance jobs he will do will be on site, still on a regular basis, he would need a base to receive clients and get service orders. He could either operate from a personally owned property or lease a space. In both cases, he needs to check with local authorities whether or not he is allowed to operate in his chosen location.
Machine and Equipment Repair Shop Tools
Machine and equipment repair business needs tools for welding and lifting machines for repair, as well as handtools for attaching or detaching small parts like screws and bolts. The technicians doing repair jobs for heavy equipment, in addition, might need protective implements like safety glasses, masks and ear protectors. As the tools for this trade is capital intensive, a person planning to open this kind of business needs to carefully consider his financing source.
Machine and Equipment Repair Service
A shop in this line of business could be repairing equipment and/or doing preventive maintenance to make sure the machines are working at their optimum performance and in proper manner so that accidents to operators are avoided. It could be servicing phones, laptops, printers, computers, fax machines, imaging equipment, paper shredders, escalators, loaders, feeders, hoppers, backhoes, graders, tractor, presses, milling machines, or lathes. Clients could come from construction, mining, military, railroad, and manufacturing industries.
Customer Service is of utmost importance in any business. For businesses whose daily operations heavily rely on machines, a breakdown could cost it significant amount of income lost. Normally, they would look for a repair service that is expedient, and timely – one that meets the timetable in the contract. A good repair service thus has a good system of tracking work so that deadlines are met and customers’ expectations are met.
- want to start a hydraulic pump, motor, cylinder, valves, transmission workshop in india. Location will be jaipur, rajasthan, india
- Want to start Servicing & Repair of Valves Workshop in Abu Dhabi
- By the end of the 1980s US manufacturing was in cutback mode. Small size Industries that required local shops to maintain their mechanical tools stopped using the local repair companies. Over time, these repair companies closed. The owners have mostly retired but I have not. The need to train qualified repair technicians to counter industrial wear and tear was in low demand. Twenty years later the US has very few repair technicians in the workforce capable of starting repair business. These workers are multi-skilled in mechanics and controls. Many were first class Machinist, Welders, Electrical Troubleshooters, Motor and Pump repair Specialist, Hydraulic and Pneumatic repair Specialists all rolled into one Professional. This kind of worker was a specific professional. If America ever hopes to reengage manufacturing with good reliability then this specialized repair professional must also preexist in our manufacturing community. The small manufacturer needs this or they will only incur a higher cost to keep their companies running as they become worn down. Concord, NH is starting to grow with small startup manufacturing companies, but there are few if none machine repairer companies to keep them running healthy. I would like to restart The Machine Repair Company of the past that was closed down in 1988. America needs such a company again.
- hall sir, I have done many repair jobworks of Heavy Duty engine on site. i want to start business in vidarbha Area Nagpur (maharashtra) , India . i am diploma mechanical engineer.Having 9 to 10 years Exp. of repair jobs of engine and maintenance of heavy earth moving equipments also done hydraulics and transmission repairing works and team of trained peoples.
- ind. manual machine repair work Lethe, milling, shaping, slotting, boring machine, etc.
- over the past 20 years i have worked in the maintenance engineering field with some great success in both the solid waste processing industry as well as the food manufacturing industry. something i have come to realize in trying to hire competent maintenance personnel is they are extremely hard to come by, at least in Portland ,Or.. I have begun to move my career path toward filling the void by creating a maintenance contracting co.. my intention is to repair, rebuild and PM machinery using mills, lathes, as well as other tools of the trade. my target group is small manufacturing companies and restaurants that do not have the resources and or the desire to invest in a full time maintenance staff. having the equipment to make repairs and parts close by will reduce OEM purchases(lower part costs) and down time. in doing this, equipment effectiveness will rise resulting in greater revenue for both the customer and my company.
- Hello my name is Larry in Medlin I reside in Eastern North Carolina. I've worked as a maintenance engineer for various manufacturing companies throughout North Carolina. I have received many certifications to satisfy the manufacturing engineering position on different pieces of equipment. Throughout My experience I have worked with some excellent people. I am considering opening my own contracted Maintenance Company. I have met a group of people with very excellent skills in their respect. i and as a group I believe We would be able to meet manufacturers needs without costly downtown. I don't really have the funding to start this venture on my own and would be willing to join and similar type of venture please, Feel free to contact me at this email.I have been working as a maintenance engineer with several industries throughout North Carolina. I have work in Maintenance tonight since I was 18 years old and various manufacturing industries
- ELECTRICAL PENAL MFG AND MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR, M/S BAMAA ENGINEERS, E-112, SECTOR-63, NOIDA UP (INDIA)
- Hello my name kamal kishor is I reside in heart of city Delhi in India . I've worked as a electrical maintenance engineer for various manufacturing companies throughout Delhi and NCR NOIDA (UP). I have received many certifications to satisfy the manufacturing electrical panel & repairing . Throughout My experience I have worked with some excellent people. I am considering opening my own contracted Maintenance Company. I have met a group of people with very excellent skills in their respect. i and as a group I believe We would be able to meet manufacturers needs without costly downtown. I don't really have the funding to start this venture on my own and would be willing to join and similar type of venture please, Feel free to contact me at this email.I have been working as a maintenance engineer with several industries throughout Delhi/noida (UP) India . I have work in Maintenance last 25 year , I have lot of experience of different field like marketing of electrical product of multinational companies Schneider Electric , Ge, leegrand , hpl , standard , ABB,
- I want part time job for maintenance hydraulic and mechanical machines repair and erection and commission work in ncr
- My Business will located in the Northern Cape in South Africa, I would like to start a business of Importing, Sales, Repair/refurbishment, Service Exchange of all mining and construction mobile equipment subassemblies/components and spares as well as line boring and full rebuilds on these equipment. I would like to have a sample of a business plan for this type of business
- I do repair & maintenance of all kind of Electrical machinery, including power tools, basically construction equipment, located in Mumbai VIGITA 09869921521.
- @Rodney, You have nailed it right on the head buddy. I feel alone in this world because no matter where I go my skills are way ahead of my peers. I am one of those professionals your talking about. Not sure how I learned to be the type of mechanic I am. Pretty much a one man show. I can pretty much design, engineer, assemble, create preventative maintenance scheduling, and then my greatest asset, I can troubleshoot it as well for electrical, hydraulics, pnuematics, mechanical, refrigeration, force-draft combustion, Welding, CNC, PLC Troubleshooting and Programming (Mainly Allen Bradley), Conveyors and Conveyor Trafficking. There is more but all i can think at the moment. I find that people realize I always get it going and very quickly. I have walked up to many many downed machines not knowing what it did or ever seeing one before and once I can understand what its not suppose to be doing in my head right the fix comes moments after sometimes instantly. I fixed machines that had been running at a crawl with no one able to get to 100% output capacity for over a year and then I would be another person they throw at it and the last one because I would figure out a fix. Well it has worn on me many years because why send someone else you know will not get it as fast if can get it at all when you discovered I can and do get it. Gets to point where i get burned out and heavy feeling of being used by those in charge. It so happens that I am here researching the idea of opening such a business like you said from the past. And your right about having the right attitude toward exemplary service. I'm what you might call anal when it comes to not wasting a minute when something is down and costing money every minute it is down. I have had hours turn into days on issues as well, with my longest run without sleep being 27 hours. I have to go now and hope my road brings me back to share more.
- I have plan to start one stop solution for Engineering and Maintenanance Plant Service and MRO especially for mechanical and rotating equipment, plant modification, fabrication and skid system package. Location and market will be throughout Indonesia. Please Contact me.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Starting a Small Engine Repair Shop
- Starting a Mobile Auto Repair Business
- Starting an Electronic Repair Shop
- How to Start Tire Repair Shop
- Setting up a Motorcycle Repair Shop
- Startup Computer Repair and Maintenance Business
- How to Start an Air Conditioner Repair Shop Business
- Start a Gas Pump Repair Business