Startup Computer Repair and Maintenance Business
Perhaps you know how to repair personal computer units and you wish to earn money from that skill. How do you go about starting your own computer repair and maintenance business?
This article will help guide you along the way in setting your very own computer repair business and make money by repairing PCs.
It is fairly easy to set up a computer repair shop. Assuming that you have some background about PC repair, all you need to do now is to set up shop and advertise yourself to potential customers. So how does one go about this task?
Setting up the Workplace
The workplace is the most important component of your business. In your workplace, you do all the necessary processes that your job entails. You don’t even have to lease office space since you can just do it at your home. The place you designate as your workplace should be clean, dry and well-lit so you don’t have difficulty peering in at the components of the PC that you are repairing. This is also to prevent dust from gathering inside the PCs after a period of storage. This workplace should also be big enough to hold multiple PC units since you are likely to have multiple customers as soon as your business grows enough, and it will since a lot of people use PCs.
Equipment Required to Open a Computer Repair Shop
There are specialized equipment that you will be needing when you start setting up your business. These equipment include soldering guns, paintbrushes (to brush away dust that accumulated inside the PC), and small vacuum units. You would also need a workbench to sit on and a large desk on which you perform your repairs.
Office equipment may be needed as well, but not as much. You would need a telephone line from which your clients can contact you, or vice versa. You might want to keep records, so a filing cabinet may be needed but not necessarily required. You would also need to come up with a system that will remind you which computer is owned by whom, to prevent confusion later on.
Choose Your Targets Carefully
Don’t be too ambitious and start targeting large companies, which is a bad idea. Big firms have their own technical service teams to take care of their repair needs, meaning you are likely to become frustrated with this approach. Instead, turn your focus towards smaller businesses as this is more successful and easier to build up a customer and contact base.
Advertise Your PC Repair Shop
Advertising is important, or else you won’t be able to get clients. You can start by informing friends by mouth that you are starting a business, so that they can make referrals to you if they know someone who needs to have their PCs repaired. You can also strike up agreements with local computer dealers to refer you to their customers.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Starting a Small Engine Repair Shop
- Starting a Mobile Auto Repair Business
- Starting an Electronic Repair Shop
- How to Start Tire Repair Shop
- Setting up a Motorcycle Repair Shop
- How to Start an Air Conditioner Repair Shop Business
- Start a Gas Pump Repair Business
- Industrial Machinery and Equipment Repair and Maintenance Business