How to Start Tire Repair Shop
Motorists usually spend a lot in getting their tires fixed or replaced. Most often they need the services of a well-trained technician to have their tires repaired, replaced, or re-treated.
Do you have extensive experience or formal training in vehicle servicing? If yes, then this is one business you can start.
Those who own a car or bike spend a lot of money on tires next to fuel. From time to time, they’d need to have tires pumped up, repaired, or re-treaded if not replaced. If you are someone who knows a lot about these services you can start a tire repair shop. If you don’t and want to know how in order to open a tire repair shop, you can enroll in formal training from auto repair schools and from manufacturer certificate programs. To get extensive experience in vehicle servicing, work for a motor shop for a few months or so.
Granting that you already have the skills to start a shop, here are some steps to accomplish:
- Survey the market in your area if there is a need for a new tire servicing shop. Usually, this service is offered as part of a motor shop’s function. But there might be a need for this specific function for particular vehicles in your area. If there is, find a location suited for a servicing shop, along the main roadway or near a gas station where vehicles will usually go.
- Determine capital requirements by computing for startup costs as well as operating costs for at least three months. You will need extra money to see the business through until it gets a regular following of clientele.
- Find tire changing and repair equipment such as triggering handheld tools, pumps, wheel removal tools, wrenches, tire levers, jacks, and compressors.
- Go to your city office and get a license to operate the shop. Comply with other permitting requirements that may be asked of the business.
- Enter into a contract for the space you are leasing or buying. Make the necessary constructions to operate a shop.
- Get equipment and furnish your shop with other tire repair supplies such as rubber patches and patch kits.
- Put up your store sign to announce that you are open for business. Explore ways to make your shop attractive to customers by giving them the accommodation they won’t get from competitors, for example by preparing for them a good standby area where they can relax while waiting for their vehicles serviced.
Your profit yield will depend on how big your shop is. Smaller shops could register a profit of 5% maximum. This will be multiplied more than five times if you will be operating a bigger store. But of course, bigger shops will need more capital investment. A better alternative is to start small then grow and expand to include other services
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Starting a Small Engine Repair Shop
- Starting a Mobile Auto Repair Business
- Starting an Electronic Repair Shop
- Setting up a Motorcycle Repair Shop
- Startup Computer Repair and Maintenance Business
- How to Start an Air Conditioner Repair Shop Business
- Industrial Machinery and Equipment Repair and Maintenance Business
- Start a Gas Pump Repair Business
2. how much could be the total cost of opening up a tyre fitness and repair shop?
my business location is kitwe, Zambia.
Startup Biz Hub - Advisor (Staff)