How to Start Server Maintenance Business
In a company, there are critical technical issues of servers that need to be identified and solved immediately. Since a complete failure or malfunction of a server could significantly impact the operation of the entire network, wouldn’t you want a business that provides a service needed by thousands of companies?
? We have the answer for you here in starting a Server Maintenance Business.
Server maintenance is important for the software and hardware of any business. You need to have good knowledge and technical expertise to maintain servers properly. That’s why most companies would prefer to outsource their server maintenance to a third party provider. This is where you can come in as an expert to satisfy their needs.
Server Maintenance Business Plan
In a monthly or weekly basis, there are numerous tasks that should be performed to maintain any server. These tasks are necessary to ensure that the servers are functioning well. On the other hand, the company should also do their part in checking all errors and events on a daily basis to prevent any major damage to the servers.
When a server is down many times and there is no access to the software of the company, the entire transaction process may come to a halt. Good thing, there are a lot of effective tools that can be used to prevent this from happening.
Examples of these are software for the following:
- Web Server and Email maintenance
- Application Migration coming from Legacy Systems
- Data Conversion from Legacy Systems
- Data Center Maintenance
- Network Maintenance
- Firewall Maintenance
- System Maintenance
- Database Maintenance
- Application Maintenance
Server Maintenance Business Guide
Server maintenance is not only for software. Non-receipt of signals and cable problems may also come up in maintaining a server. These problems can take some time to be reused and rectified for efficient functioning of the servers.
Don’t worry because there are plenty of manuals and books available as your reference and guide for the easy practice and periodic maintenance of a server. Running a server maintenance business includes the following checks:
- Reboot the server
- Test UPS protection
- Test backup and restore
- Printer Queues
- Windows updates
- All services running
- Event logs
- Running Processes
- Disk space
Non-critical concerns include an error or failure impacting business operation where workarounds are available while critical concerns include complete failure and malfunction in the server which significantly impacts the operation of the company. So if you want to start a server maintenance business, you should respond to critical issues within four working hours at the onset of the problem and then a follow-up by online visit. On the other hand, non-critical issues can be responded to within eight hours.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start Cyber Cafe Business?
- How to Start Glass Recycling Business
- Starting an Underwear Business
- Start a Petroleum Business
- Starting a Used Clothing Business
- Start a Battery Rebuilding, Repairing and Recharging Business
- How to Start an Ice Business
- How to Start Agricultural Chemicals Retail Business