How to Start a Clock and Watch Repair Shop
Watch making is a calling not everybody is born to do. That is why only few are chosen to participate. It can be a very profitable venture if you have the repairing skills, the attitude and the knowledge.
This watch repair business guideline will help you set up your clock and watch repair shop.
Learn how to repair clocks and watches
There are numerous ways to master clock and watch repair. The best method I know is thru actual experience and osmosis. Find a watchmaker who has mastered the art and become his apprentice. Get a job at a clock and watch repair shop and develop the skills, the dedication and the patience it takes to become adept at it. In addition to this, supplement your learning by attending repair courses and seminars. It would be a good stewardship of time. Buy a how to book about timepiece repairs. I also suggest you join organizations that will expand your contacts. Search the web for such organizations.
Have the necessary equipment to do the repair
Gather your tools. A basic tool box should have the following equipment. It should comprise of several screwdrivers, oils, lighting, magnification apparatus and a few sizes of tweezers. These would be excellent tools to have as a beginner. As your business grows and you become more adept at clock and watch repairing invest on addition tools like a polisher, caliper and a cleaning machine.
Determine your price range
Considering the complexity of mastering a skill in repairing watches and clocks, no wonder a watchmaker can make a good decent living. Learning how to repair watches is a lifelong obligation. A watchmaker has to be knowledgeable of different models out there made from different times with different technologies that control it. You can say that watch repairing can be more complex than surgery for each watch presents different signs and symptoms the watchmaker must consider, study, and care for. So ask what you think is fair. But as a guide, try surveying other competitor watch and clock repair services and see how much they ask for. Now you have a price range you can follow.
Fill up the other blanks of your business
- Start with watch repair business licensing
Visit your County Clerk’s Office and work on the papers to get a license to operate. File for a registration name for your business. After the process has been accomplished make a copy of the documents and display them at your shop.
- Look for a visible location
Survey a couple of areas that have a lot of people. Look up areas like malls, busy streets, and spaces near huge establishments. A lot of times choosing the right place to set up your shop can make you or break you.
- Advertise your repair services
Get the word out that you are in business. Have calling cards ready and hand them over to people you meet. Organize a grand opening day to create awareness.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Starting a Small Engine Repair Shop
- Starting a Mobile Auto Repair Business
- Starting an Electronic Repair Shop
- How to Start Tire Repair Shop
- Setting up a Motorcycle Repair Shop
- Startup Computer Repair and Maintenance Business
- How to Start an Air Conditioner Repair Shop Business
- Industrial Machinery and Equipment Repair and Maintenance Business