How to get a California Work Permit
California is one of the most prosperous states in the United States. This is considered as one of the country’s melting pot because of the jobs that are available in this state. That is why if you are planning to work in California, keep in mind that there are things that you need to consider before you can actually work here.
Furthermore, California is also the home of the biggest entertainment spot of the world – like the Hollywood. Work permit to work in California is your key to be employed in this state.
Work Permit in California
The California oblige that all children that who will be working in the entertainment industry from birth to 18 years old should get an Entertainment Work Permit. Basically, this permit is not the same as the permit they usually issued for teens who are schooling. This permit is issued by State of California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement or DLSE. This permit is issue for every 6 months and they released 50,000 of it.
How to Apply for Entertainment Work Permit in California?
Hence, many productions are based in this state. For instance, child actors who are a residence of other states must secure a working permit in California. In addition, to acquire this permit, a parent should accomplish this application and make sure that their school approves it. Additionally, paperwork will also be required like birth certificate. The process usually takes time, so apply for the permit as much as possible.
Understanding Work Permit in California
Primarily, work permits were intended to help control the child labor laws as well as to protect the rights of the children. As you know, each state has its own particular rules. In California, any persons from 14 to 18 years old are required to get a work permit, unless he or she already get his or her GED. One of these rules is children is not allowed to work over 8 hours or should not drive a vehicle as part of their duties. In addition, they must also meet their school’s academic standards.
Step-by-Step Process of Obtaining California Work Permit
- The first thing to do is to request a form known as “Statement of Intent to Employ Minor and Request for Work Permit from the child or minor school.
- The application form should be completed and some of the sections must be filled by the child or minor’s employer. The parent or guardian will complete the entire application.
- Then return the fully accomplished papers or form to school and officials, so that the work permit will be issued.
- It is very important to get a job before applying for work permit because the employer must say yes to hire you before the permit will be approved. However, some jobs does not require work permit like babysitting, self-employment, newspaper delivery and yard work.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides