How to be a Diamond Broker
Do you wish to help people in buying or selling diamonds that’s why you are aiming of becoming a diamond broker someday?
A diamond broker is required to be knowledgeable in identifying the quality of diamonds and should assist the buyers or sellers in completing the transaction; therefore it is vital to learn the steps on how to be a diamond broker.
Becoming a Diamond Broker, is it Easy?
Many people in the business of buying and selling diamonds are relying on the expertise of diamond brokers, therefore his main job is to make sure that every transaction are being completed smoothly and properly. But the job is very sensitive and this requires a good education and years of training before somebody can be a dependable diamond broker.
One of the main qualities of a professional diamond broker is the deep knowledge about grading of diamonds and knows well how to evaluate the true value of the precious stone based on the 4 C’s (Color, Clarity, Cut, & Carat). He or she must also have strong connection with wholesalers, private buyers and sellers, diamond cutters in the gem industry. Since the diamond broker is dealing with a valuable and very costly stone, integrity and reliability are the other traits should be developed. If you have decided to be part of the gem industry and be reputable on this profitable career, here are some guidelines for you.
Ways to be a Diamond Broker
In the first place, it is not easy to become a diamond broker and this follow a step by step process. Just like other brokering jobs, education is very important to acquire the enough learning about the profession. Here is a brief outline for those who would like to join in the diamond brokering industry.
- Complete a course in Gemology. A diamond broker should be educated in the jewelry business by completing first a short course in Gemology to learn the basics of analyzing, evaluating, and appraising jewelries using different tools and equipments. This could be very expensive on your part if you really want to be expert on diamonds by attending the most reputable institutions in Gemology such as Gemological Institute of America or GIA. Acquiring a diploma in Gemology is the first step to become a diamond broker and only respectable schools like GIA are issuing diploma for the said program.
- Be Certified. Finishing a course in Gemology is not enough to be eligible for the job. Certified Gemologist is one of the titles that a diamond broker should hold. Other titles are Registered Jeweler and Certified Gemologist Appraiser (CGA). Of all these titles, CGA is considered as the most reputable title in the industry of gemstones. To get this title, the aspirant should have at least five years experience as a diamond appraiser.
- Earn experiences. Before you commit yourself on the actual job of diamond brokering, it is important to train yourself and learn the nature of business by joining a brokering company.
- Be licensed. Once you are ready to handle your own business and you have established a good network, acquire a business license so you can legally conduct your business.
- Hi, i want to do diamond buying and selling of diamonds, but after i finish the courses would first love to work for a diamond industry company to gain experience and exposure. which courses must i do and preferable with which institute ? regards
- I am gopalkrishna, I have 20 years experienced with retail diamond Jewellery as a senior manager position not one place complete south india so that I knew south india diamond market, now I am interest to do diamond business. And my content no 08220012611 ,present address tamilnadu coimbatore
- HOW TO BEING BROKER IN DIAMOND FIELD? WHAT ARE THE KNOWLEDGE FOR THIS WORK? PLEASE REPLY ME
- My name is Sydney and i am interested in diamond buying and selling business am taking the courses but I need someone with experience who can help establish this business I have cash to invest. My contacts are 0837457653
- Anyone plz help me ... i want to become a diamond broker and right now i am in 12 class .. so guide me that after 12th what i have to do... which course should i adopt and from where In india. Plz r.s.v.p
- hello, i have to say that i want to be a good diamond broker...can u plz help me out....i m very much interested in diamond business....but dont know how to start....
- I want to be a Diamond Broker, Pls Guide?
- i want to be a diamond broker. Please help me.india Chandigarh
- I interested to start a diamond selling business But where was i get the diamond please tell me.
- Hi, I studied in GIA Graduate Gemologist program and thereafter worked in Loose Diamond Grading and Diamond Jewellery sales in different companies in Mumbai. I am looking for opportunities to work in international markets. If anyone has any opportunities or would like to start Diamond broking/ buying/ selling and needs a Gemologist please contact me.e-mail: email@example.com
- I really want to be a diamaond broker, but dont know how to get the diamond. Please tell me.
- Hi I'm Henry I'm located in Los Angeles California, I wholesale diamonds feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org for your inventory needs. Thanks
- Hi I am pinky I have successfully completed a course in Rough Evaluation Diamond and I have five years experience, i want to be an agent to those who need diamond because i am traveling all over the places where there's is diamonds in Africa, since I've been traveling i have hold about 1400 carat but not having money to buy them and the where beautiful stones in good color, clarity, shape, carat what I am asking please help me to be come a agent to this business. thanks Regards .
- My name is jagdish soni i am interested in diamond buying and selling so plz help me and which courses perfect . My contacts are 09039514009
- My name is Gakuru from Kenya. I'm interested too in the diamond business. I have contacts in Congo where I can buy rough diamonds, the only hindrance is capital. If anyone is interested we could partner up and start a venture. Feel free to contact me via my email email@example.com
- Sir i am job please give me a chance to work ur company
- Hello, I have Gold Bars & Diamond Stones for sale, Can you help us to look for Gold bars/Diamond buyers in your country and i promise to be giving you 5 % of any sale, please? firstname.lastname@example.org Peter.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How Can You Become a Famous Rapper
- Working as an Insurance Agent
- What Schooling Do You Need To Become a Nurse
- How to Become an Aircraft Broker
- What Do Insurance Agents Do
- Starting a Career in Automation Engineering
- How to Become a Carbon Broker
- Starting a Career in Alternative Energy
- Starting a Career in Analytics
- Starting a Career in Animation
- Starting a Career in Animal Care