How Much Surgical Technologist Make
A surgical technologist is one of the high-paying jobs in the health care profession. It is a great opportunity to get into medical career.
All you have to do is to obtain license of becoming a surgical technologist.
Surgical technologist is a healthcare career that does not involve college degree. The duties of a surgical technologist are crucial in the operating room. Setting up the equipment, laying out surgical instruments, monitoring of devices and placing sterile linens are some of the duties that a surgical tech should perform. Their presence is important during the surgery as they assist the surgeon and at the same time monitor the vital signs of the patient. Likewise, it is also the responsibility of the surgical technologist to maintain the supply of blood, plasma and saline during the operation.
Average Salary and Other Benefits
On the other hand, the salary of a surgical tech was about $38,000 according to the labor statistics of the United States. Likewise, the salary also varies depending on the specialties such as in organ transplants, orthopedics, cardiology, plastic surgery and neurosurgery. In addition, the place of work also plays a big role in identifying the salary of a surgical technologist. Obviously, working in large hospitals and federal government would mean higher salary. Aside from the salary, a surgical technologist can enjoy full benefit packages in terms of health insurance as well as paid vacation. The necessity for this career is better due to the aging population that needs more medical care.
On the other hand, the high-paying salary of a surgical technologist is reasonable in terms of the work schedules. The position would require rotating shifts during nights and weekends as well as during holidays and on call schedule. If you want to be in this career you should be alert and can respond accurately and quickly. Likewise, you should endure high-pressure situations and be able to work on feet most of the time. The most important thing is that a surgical tech should have strong stomach to endure unpleasant odors and sights.
The potential to obtain higher salary is possible to a surgical tech. All you have to do is specialize in a specific type of surgery. Just like doctors obtaining specialization is important not only to obtain higher salary but also promotion in the position. According to labor statistics, the job will rise for the coming year that is why it is important to obtain specialization in order to become competitive. Although it does not require college degree yet it would be a smart decision to take further studies in order to enhance the knowledge and skills. Keep in mind that the procedures in surgery changes and increases due to the advancement of technology. Thus, job opportunities are great for certified surgical technologist.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How Competition Affects Business
- What to Do Before Starting a Business
- What If You Owe Taxes
- Types of Brainstorming
- USDA Organic Certification Requirements
- Impact of Competition in Business
- How Did Industrialization Contribute to City Growth
- How to Get Contracts for Security Business
- Business Documents Used In Accounting
- How to Price Merchandise
- How to Start an Organic Cosmetic Business