Grouper Fish Farming
In local term, grouper fish is called as lapulapu or inid, a high and nutritious fish that is potentially grown in aquaculture. They are most valued due to their excellent flavor and texture.
Since there is now an increasing demand for this fish, especially in the foreign market, many are becoming interested in this farming.
Many are interested in grouper fish farming as it adds to the source of livelihood of mostly all poor families. This kind of farming is easy to be maintained which nearly attracts the attention of people. If you are one of those people interested in this business, this article can guide you.
Choosing the best site has its significant role to play when starting grouper fish farming. Provide a net cage that must be situated in areas with adequate water and water quality, no predators, and likewise protected from strong waves and wind. Considerable planning and thought must go well into choosing sites for grouper fish farming. The cost and ease of operation should be planned properly before getting in the way of the business.
Polyethylene materials and bamboo poles are popularly constructed which are now called floating cages. They must be provided at exactly twenty-five to fifty millimeters, in diameter. In forming the net cage, there must be two kinds of panels: one bottom panel and four side panels that form the water on the net cage. Also, the net must securely fit on the raft structure or bamboo poles through the use of ropes.
The bamboo can be held together by a structurally-built rope system from which the nets will be attached. With empty gallons entirely attached on the bamboo frames, expect that buoyancy is likewise provided.
Feeding the Grouper Fish
After getting through with the site selection, feeding the grouper fish is a must-thing to consider in this farming. Since groupers are classified as carnivorous animals, they must consequently be fed with feeds rich in fish protein. Most farms situated in Asia rely on trash fish. However, other alternatives include fish sauce and human food that can contribute to a more productive grouper fish farming. It is required to feed them once or twice in a day, with total biomass.
Apart from trash fish, tilapia fingerlings must be given to grouper fish at five percent. Give them the daily requirement needed earlier in the morning, while other half to be given in the afternoon. Place the fingerling on a tray and monitor it as well. Additionally, determine the feed requirement and biomass of the stock for monthly sampling.
In addition to how to start grouper fish farming, monitoring is still one thing to consider. Always monitor the parameters of the water: water temperature (24-31 degree Celsius), dissolved oxygen (4.9-9.3ppm), salinity (21-41 ppt) and water depth (1.0-1.3m).
The most exciting activity in this farming is harvesting. Selective harvesting must be done wherein the size of grouper fish must be at exactly 400-600g. Place a drag net on the southern end part of the site while you drag it slowly on the other end in the morning. Grouper fish must be transferred in the net wherein the grading is done, however, undersized fish must be thrown back in the pond.
- Sir..i want to start my own business. i need ur help i want to know about fish farm and poultry farm. tell me about that.
- Hey there. if anyone interested to do deep sea fish/ aquamarine farming you can email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We able to provide you the technology and the deep sea water to do farming in a more control environment.
- I want to start a fish farming business in Senegal West Africa. I want to know what I will need to start it. thank you, I live presently in Usa
- hi his is bharath from hyderabad, andrapradesh. I am looking to start a groper fish farming culture in aandrapradesh. unfortunately i dont know where to start from it would be very helpful to me with a detailed explanation of all the considerations in this culture
- HI sir i wanna start red grouper fish farming. i want to know is there any market for sell these red groupers in INDIA. can we export these to internationally i want a channel for selling these. i heard that baby red gropers are available in RGCV in andaman & nicobar branch. i want to know about the market (INDIA) for RED GROUPRS.
- I want to start this business but i don't have a partner to take care of the operations. I want to start this business located in Palawan, Philippines. i would appreciate if somebody could help me fix this. Thanks.
- Hi @Ken, please email me at email@example.com. let us discuss grouper farming. i just started 3 months ago. thanks
- I'm into grouper culture and trading in Palawan. Anyone interested in this industry pls email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's discuss. Thanks
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides