Durian Farming Tips
Despite of the foul odor that durian emits, it can provide the highest profits to some farmers in the Philippines, Thailand and in some parts of Asia.
That is why if you are looking for possible farm in the future, you have to know some durian farming tips first.
In order for you to come up with a very productive and profitable farm, it is important for you to know more about durian farming. By knowing these tips, you can run your business efficiently and it would be easy for you to expand in the future.
Suited Place for Farming
Keep in mind that durian grows in tropical climate. Usually, the plant dies if it is exposed to extreme cold weather conditions. Therefore, this will just turn your investments to ashes. Basically, durian trees can live in places with as low as -3 degrees Celsius. However, some disagree with this. It is best to consult an expert to ensure that the current climate in your place is conducive for durian farming. You can reach a nearest government run horticulture to learn more about the land.
Choose the Right Seedling
In choosing young durian trees, it is also important that you carefully select a healthy one. You are not advised to pick neither young durian sprouts nor mature ones. These will both die when transferred to the right location. Rather, you have to make sure that your durian has already grown 6-12 inches because this is ideal when transferred from one place to another. If the plant comes with green leaves, this would be a nice indicator of the health of durian trees. Determine how many durian trees you want to plant and add extra reservations in case of mortality.
When speaking of the number of seedlings, see to it that you also choose the right location based on the number of trees you want to plant. If you want hundred or more seedlings, you have to opt for larger farm. On the other hand, those who want smaller amounts of seedlings should choose smaller location. In addition to that, you have to make sure that the location is also accessible both for you and for your customers. The plant should also have access to direct water supply and no factors should also hinder the growth of your seedlings. The most common examples of these are animals and pollutants.
Proper Flower Induction
Flower induction in durian is very important to ensure that the flowers will develop as fruits. There are some chemicals that you need to utilize in order for you make sure that the flowers will develop properly. In addition to that, you should also minimize the pests that will land on these flowers to make sure that they will not wither. These are some of the things you have to bear in mind in starting your very own farm.
- from kalamansig, sk, Philippines. how to treat stem borer in durian, more or less 10 pieces of my 10 years old durian trees dies because of this pest. please give me simple Techniques, suggested pesticide suitable to use for this problem, and give Techniques how durian bear more fruits. thank you very much.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides