Advertising on Local Radio
The radio is among the most popular means of communication. Also, it has a wide audience. In fact, in one week, it can reach up to more than 228 million Americans out of its total population.
According to Arbitron, this is approximately 94 percent of all Americans, aged 12 years old and older.
These figures only goes to show that with radio’s capability to reach a large number of individuals, advertising through it can be very effective, notwithstanding the fact that it is mobile. Another statistics reported that around 80 percent of adults turn on, tune in and listen to at least one radio stations in their cars. And, one-fourth of the total American population listens to it even while at work.
A lot has been going on in the radio. Many stations devised other ways of streaming their programming to reach more audiences. Some make use of the internet to reach more local and sometimes, even national audiences. If you’re lucky and your listeners like your program in your spot, you will be just a click away!
Because of the aforementioned statistics and circumstances, there is no denying that radio is an effective tool in the provision of advertising and marketing for businesses, small and large-scale alike. However, operating this kind of campaign may require a little knowledge. Below are tips to help:
- Target your audience. You must know who you want to be your listeners. You must know who you want your advertisement to reach. Create a profile for your target audience making use of the demographics. By demographics, it means and includes age, gender, address, combined income of working individuals in the household and other pertinent factors. Use this profile to share with the sales representative of the radio station where you want your advertisement to air. In response to that, he or she will provide you with an abstract picture of what percentage of their listeners belong to these demographics. Also, he or she will tell you of when and at which programming you will be able to reach your target audience. These sales representatives usually have the information regarding the listeners of their station.
- Evaluate the proposals. You should get to know about the key elements in evaluating proposals: reach, frequency and cost per point. To define each: reach refers to the number of listeners that will hear your advertisement; frequency refers to the average number of times that the listeners will actually hear the advertisement; and, cost per point refers to the basis for cost-effectiveness evaluation.
- Look for sponsorships. There are two ways you can get along with radio stations as a promotional engine. They usually offer sponsorship opportunities for news and weather reports as well as other programming. As such, you will also be mentioned in other promotional ads announcing your sponsorship. You can also look for other sponsorship that will give you on-air mention opportunities as well as being part of an event.
- Find a local production company. After you have evaluated a few proposals from the radio station that you’ve considered, bartered, negotiated and finalized everything, you will need to have spots. And, this is not something that is done instantly. So, looking for a local production company that will do the job for you is going to be a big help.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Writing a Sales Strategy
- Using Discount Ticket for Business Promotion
- Types of Advertising Agencies
- How Does Advertising Help a Business
- Bakery Marketing Strategies
- How Advertising Affects Business
- Health Club Marketing Ideas
- How to Advertise a Trucking Business
- 7 Tips to Advertise your Botox Business
- How to Advertise your Amway Business?