How to Start a Video Rental Store
Online DVD rental business could never wipe out the store business because we want a movie to watch now, we want to test a copy on the store and make sure it's a good. It's always better to have a store near by our home where we can walk in and select the movie we want.
People do not love the idea of purchasing DVDs everytime they want to watch movies from their home. Most people will prefer to rent a video if they want to watch movies from their home. Renting videos is more convenient and far cheaper for people so it will be a good idea to open a movie rental business in your area if you are looking for a good business that you can engage in.
Here are some of the things that you will be interested to know if you are starting a video rental store:
What You Will Need
You will basically need a video store business outlet where people can visit to rent videos from you. Make sure that you choose a location where people can easily find you. Otherwise, take advantage of using a signage to direct prospective clients to your video rental store. You will also need to purchase a number of videos that you will rent out for people. Many video rental businesses also place TV in their outlets but it will be up to you if you want to use one. You also need to check out the documents and business requirements that you will need to start a video rental store. This includes a business permit to operate.
You need to have a sizable number of videos that your video rental store will offer for rent to your clients. Make sure that you choose good and popular DVDs because these are the types of videos that people will look for in your movie rental business. It will also be a good idea if you can purchase rare and special titles for your video rental business. In addition to movie videos, you can also offer video game rentals to your clients.
Making Profits from Your Video Rental Business
There are several ways on how you can earn from your video rental business. You can charge your video rental shop customers for an annual or lifetime membership. You can also charge your clients late fees for returning rented videos late. Get some timely offers by adding a lot to a little price hike - like, 1 DVD costs 2$ a day and 5$ a week or 1DVD prices 2$ a day and 5 DVDs prices 5$ a day. Produce a larger and better catalog - advertise on your new movie entries – take viewer reviews and convey it to the prospect clients. If you want to maximize the earning potential of your video rental business, it is important that you always update your video collection. Add new videos regularly and discard videos that no longer play well. Good customer service is also important because your clients will more likely continue to patronize your video rental store if they are treated and accommodated well in your video rental business outlet.
- How much money is needed to get the business started? What are your costs? (Like:workers, machines, rent materials,ex...) What are the fixed and variable costs? How much does it cost to make the video or provide the service? How much revenue will you need to make each month to make a profit?
- I WOUND LIKE TO KNOW. HOW MUCH MONEY IS NEEDED TO GET THE BUSINESS STARTED? AND EVER THING ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE DVD RENTAL STORE. DO YOU NEED A FRANCHISE TO START OR NOT. PLEASE HELP US. THANK YOU. email@example.com
- I would like to know more of owning my own rental box.
- i'm in chicago il. i would like to know how to start a dvd store and how much would it cost?
- How much money does it take to start a video rental business? How much do the dvds cost and where do you buy them? How many titles should you start out with? What do you need and how much do things like computers, scanners, software, display shelves, etc, cost. Can I get started with an initial investment of $20,000? How much revenue will you need to make each month to make a profit? I live in a city in Idaho with a population of about 50,000 people and there is only one video rental store in town.
- pls, sent any information to start with movies rental. any catalog if available. P.O. Box 503486 CK, Saipan, MP 96950
- please can you help me How much money does it take to start a video rental business? How much do the dvds cost and where can i buy them? How many titles should you start out with? What do you need and how much do things like scanners, software, display shelves, cost. How much revenue will you need to make each month to make a profit? thanks
- How much money does it take to start a movie rental store? I live in a town of about 40,000 people and we have no video rental place. I love in Ohio... I ave a store in mind to rent but I am not real sure what all I will need and about how much it will cost me. If you could help that would be great... thanks
- How much would it take(estimate with ranges) to start a video business with 2,000sq feet in a small town in north Texas? Block Buster just closed and there is only one video store in town.
- I would like some info on how to purchase or rent dvd's for my dvd movie rental business. I am just starting out and would be very interested in any info you could provide including dealers, costs, phone numbers et... I am in Canada so if you have any info on Canadian companies in the southern Ontario area, that would be great.
- I purchased property with a small building on it, our town of Elizabeth, WV doesn't have any Video stores and I'd like to start one. How do I go about getting videos? How do I get started? Please help.
- Edmonton Alberta Canada , would like to know the start up cost of a 2200 sq ft video rental store.how much ,where do I get videos.
- Cranbrook, B.C., Canada. Wondering about getting into contact with distributors.
- I am in the process of opening a movie and game rental business maybe some of us could communicate and share info amongst each other to help each other out. email(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hello, looking to possibly open a movie rental business in Pennsylvania, Dubious area to be exact, looking on information on the "how to " to get it started...Thanks!
- I'm wondering about the money and how much do I need to start a video business. thanks
- Sharon, if you are interested in purchasing all of the inventory for Video Store set up including Dvd's, computes, neons, shelving, TV sets, poster holders, registers, counters, secure cases, and much more please feel free to email me. I have all you need to start your Video Store. Also I can sell you the sign for the store. Email me at Abadan269@gmail.com, Thanks, JOHN
- I'm in south africa, durban. My boy friend has been collecting dvd's for the past few years for his personal interest of course and now he has over 800 dvd's that he owns including latest stuff so now he wants to open a dvd rental shop. So what I want to know is; is it possible to do it & what other things he needs to know to operate it.
- when you buy the movies for your store do you have to buy them by your own interest of what will sell or can you buy like kits with a thousand movies in it cause its hard to believe (US) the owners of the store will have to pick out each movie we want in our store one by one most movies n a store don't look god so therefor you wont buy it but its not about you its the customers even so that's hard to buy movies like that when you don't no anything about them and have not seen them.
- Hi , Pls let me know I want to know how much money needed to open new video shop , My location:-Chickballapur, karnataka state
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Jet Ski Rental Business
- How to Start a Car Rental Business?
- Starting an Apartment Rental Business
- Start a Gas Cylinder Rental Business
- Private Jet Rental Cost
- Start a Portable Toilet Rental Business
- Start an Audio Equipment & Supplies Rental Business
- How to Start Tent Rental Business
- How to Start a Book Rental Business
- Starting a Camera Equipment Rental Business