Starting Airport Transportation Business
Airport transportation involves transporting airline passengers to and from the airport itself. Starting an Airport Transportation Business is not as easy as it seems.
Numerous factors are needed to be considered first before actually starting your own airport transport business.
One of which is identifying existing businesses on the same field in the same area. You should also identify the services that you will be offering to your customers that will provide them an advantage against the services that your competitors are currently offering. Considering the type of transport vehicle your business will be using is also an advantage over your competitors. Buses with larger space for luggage are ideal for this type of business since airport passengers usually bring along with them large baggage.
Having knowledge on the chosen business will give you an advantage over your competitors. Seeking an advice from the people who are already in the business is a thing to consider for you to know the things that are necessary to start your Airport transportation business. But do not think that your competitors will give you an advice because that will be the last thing that they want to do. You should consult owners far from the place that you will start your business in so that they will not think that you will be a competitor to them and they will most likely give you few tips and advice.
Your Airport transportation business may be one of these forms:
Airside Transfer – this involves transporting the passengers from the departure gate or arrival gate to the plane. Since this does not involve buses to be running on highways, buses can be longer and wider than normal buses to accommodate more passengers.
Terminal Transfer – in case a passenger needs to transfer to another terminal that is not physically near the terminal he is in, a terminal transfer may be provided. This type of transfer lets the passenger to travel from one terminal to another without having the hassle of renting cars.
Car Park Transfer – this type of transfer is applicable for car parks that are quite far from the terminal. The airport provides free car park shuttle to the passengers.
Public Bus Services – this consists of different types of services.
Intermodal Shuttle Buses – from airport to railway stations, sometimes this is financially supported by either the airport or the railway station
Premium airlink services – from airport to standard routes nearby, has limited stops unlike point-to-point.
Demand responsive shuttle buses – from airport to various routes, also known as point-to-point service.
Express services – from airport to special routes, only one stop.
Franchising is another option if you don’t want to go through everything yourself because the franchisor has done these steps already. But in exchange to that, your business will rank among other franchisees.
- I live in the state of ri, I have my class b license, I am a truck driver with an excellent driving record. I am interested in opening my own business, where I would pick passengers right at their home and drop them off at the airport, like logan, newark, and JFK. My bus would only carry 10 passengers total. I would like information on how to spread the word and get clients, and is there any other way of getting the word out.
- i live in kenya. i am a young entrepreneur and have just started 2 new airport transportation of taking client from JKIA to there hotels around nairobi. i also do african safaris but i need to know were i can advertise for the best results
- i live in namibia , i am young business man who is ready to start a transporting business of airport transport from the airport to the hotels ,around town and to any destination within the country . my challenge is that the industry have strong competitor that do the same business and have been long in the business. Since it is a challenge to penetrate the European market for customer i opted to target SADC regions for customers and i know our airline's destinations within the region and more , How do i get the my massage across the the regions especially to our airline's Agents and spread the word. And how do i penetrate and stay in business with such strong competitors without losing focus, and where will my advertisements be set for the best result .
- i like to open airport transportation business and air port security business
- how to start security air port business. let me know
- Hi there, Am about to start an airport transfer business so, am writing to you to me some clues to penetrate the market and to win more customers.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Starting a Pharmacy Business
- How to Start a Water Bottling Business
- How to Start a Radio Station Business
- Women Owned Business Organizations
- Start a Wellness Center Business
- How to Start a Beer Distribution Business
- How to Start Ethanol Business
- How to Start Your Own ISP Business
- Kids Birthday Party Place Business