How to Start a Prepaid Calling Card Business
Starting a prepaid calling card business is just like having a continuous flow of money on your hand.
Calling cards are still one of the cheapest ways to call locally and even abroad.
The Prepaid Calling Cards for International Calls
Establishing your own prepaid calling cards business for international calls can be a good business and can earn you a lot. Most people today assume that the business of calling cards are falling out in the pit because of the development of cell phones, however, this is just a false allegation. As a matter of fact, calling cards are still considered the cheapest way to call abroad.
The Business Plan and the Funding
First of all, you must write a good prepaid calling card business plan. Know your suppliers and the things you will need in managing the technical phases of your business. Identify clearly your market and the advertisement that you are planning to do. Compute all the business costs and list down a forecast of revenue and how your costs can be covered. The funds that must be obtained should cover up the start up cost of the business for the first year. You can ask your friends or banks for personal loans.
The Software and the Servers
Choosing a software solution for your prepaid calling card venture must also be prioritized and carefully researched. You can employ a team of programmer to create a client software solution or you can utilize the program called CardSaver. The job of this software includes verifying PIN of the client’s calling card, answering inbound call, assigning the call’s available minutes, and updating the account balance after the call. You must get the necessary server and hosting for your business to run. There are two factors that must be considered when choosing your server and these are the software that you have chosen or developed and the quantity of simultaneous callers that you have. For large volumes of calls, you might need multiple servers to use and all of them must be hosted professionally in a co-location resource.
Airtime Necessity, Printer, and Partner
The operation of prepaid calling card business especially for international calls requires you to purchase airtime calls from long distance carrier. There are lots of network carriers where you can buy airtime calls in bulk since bulk purchases are definitely low price. Then, the cards only require printer and print shops can handle this job of printing you a nice design of cards. For selling, retail partners can do it for you. Just find partnerships with good retail locations for the selling of your cards.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start a Garment Business
- How to Start Electrical Supplies Business?
- How to Start a Mental Health Center
- Starting a Party Bus Business
- Starting a Foreign Exchange Business
- Starting an Auto Parts Business
- How to Start a Money Exchange Business
- Types of Horticulture
- How to Start a Popcorn Business