Types of Horticulture
Would you like to engage yourself in horticulture because you love taking care and growing plants of different kinds? Then now is your chance to do what you really want.
In order for you to understand more what horticulture is, you can rely on the information presented by this article.
Horticulture is known as the science and art involved in the cultivation, propagation, processing and promotion of different kinds of plants such as nuts, fruits, vegetables, turf, flowers and ornamental plants. It is considered exceptional among plant sciences because it does not just involve science and technology but art and design principles as well.
In order for you to know the field where you will specialize in, you should know the four types of horticulture. Each division has its own specialization in treating different types of plants. As a result, there is a big difference in the way the plants smell, taste, look and grow.
If you are the type of person who has a big fascination to flowers, the floriculture type is best for you. If you will try to engage in floriculture, you have to work in all areas of commercial flowers production. So, this implies that you have to grow and to harvest fresh flowers. You also have to distribute them to different stores and retailers. In this type of horticulture, it is not just enough that you have the passion for taking care of flowers. It is also required for you to have knowledge and skill on how to grow the perfect flowers that are highly marketable.
If you prefer to work with pomology which is referred to as plant science, you have to deal with tree and fruit cultivation. This is considered s one of the most important fields in the agriculture history of the United States. In order to perform the job well, a pomologist should have formal education to discover the ways on how to breed fruits and keep them disease-free as well.
Olericulture is a study of science dealing with growing vegetables and the culture of herbaceous, non-woody plants for food. In this type of horticulture, the olericulturist will be responsible for the production of plants to use their edible parts. This is one of the most important types of horticulture because the edible parts of plants are processed into so many kitchen products used all over the world.
Landscape horticulture deals with the careful study and use of ornament plants such as shrubs, hardy vines and trees. A landscape horticulturist should perfectly know how to care for natural plants properly by keeping them healthy as they grow. According to experts in this type of horticulture, the most important factor that must be considered is the appearance of the plants.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start a Garment Business
- How to Start Electrical Supplies Business?
- How to Start a Mental Health Center
- Starting a Party Bus Business
- Starting a Foreign Exchange Business
- How to Start a Money Exchange Business
- Starting an Auto Parts Business
- Starting an Independent Boarding School
- How to Start a Popcorn Business