How to Start a Restaurant Delivery Service
In the restaurant delivery service you can start an independent delivery system which delivers the food to customers without the restaurant having to keep more staff!
You get a tip for delivery plus a percentage of the food bill; read on for more information on how to start a restaurant delivery service!
How to start a restaurant delivery service!
It’s a fact that people nowadays prefer to have food delivered to the home rather than dress up and go out to a restaurant for dinner! Restaurants have woken up to the fact that no matter how good your food is, sometimes people are just too tired to go out to eat! It pays off to have a good food delivery system which will send food to the customer at a nominal fee.
How a restaurant delivery system works!
- You don’t need to have a restaurant of your own. All you need to do is find all the restaurants in your neighborhood that do not have a home delivery service but are pretty popular with the people in the neighborhood.
- You can even have your own food cooking in your home kitchen, print menus and then deliver it from your home.
- A food delivery service also needs a huge amount of organization to organize the restaurants and their menus.
- You will have to have a strict inventory of when each restaurant has a peak time for delivery and what the restaurants’ products are.
- You will also need to take the orders, organize the orders with the restaurants and when the delivery times are, and when and where to dispatch delivery drivers using the shortest route.
- Target areas where there are a large amount of people who will need meals delivered like apartment blocks, office buildings etc.
- You might need to hire two more boys with their own transport systems to deliver the food to different localities.
- You will also food insulation systems, brochures for advertisements, mobiles and fax systems to get orders instantly and to record customer’s addresses and telephone numbers for delivery.
- Decide what fee you want to charge for your food delivery system. A few restaurants offer a percentage of the food bill or you can ask for a flat fee. Either way, make sure it is feasible to cover your delivery expenses and the fees of the staff you keep.
Tips and tricks-
- Choose a niche market where you are guaranteed customers like a gourmet meal service or a diet meal plan where your customers require meals nearly everyday.
- Try personal chef services where you can arrange a deal with the chef to prepare and send out personal meals to all his clients. One good way to do this is to visit the United States Personal Chef Association website where you can find a gourmet chef with a set of clients. On the website’s main page, you have to click on the” Find a Personal Chef" link, put in your zip code, and then link up with them!
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start a Laundry Pick-up and Delivery Service Business
- Starting a Bottled Water Delivery Service Biz
- Home Delivery Service
- Start an Online Grocery Shopping and Delivery Service
- Starting Food and Drink Delivery Business
- Milk Distribution Business
- How to Start FMCG Distribution Business
- Starting a Meat Distribution Business
- Open a Bread and Milk Delivery Business
- How to Start a Beer, Wine, Cigarette Delivery Service