623

How to Start a Trucking Business

Many entrepreneurs have realized that transporting goods from one place to another can be a very profitable venture. Trucking is a lucrative industry that generates up to $346 billion in annual gross profits in the United States alone.

Trucking businesses have therefore flourished because of the necessity for trucking services in moving food and consumer goods. If you are planning to get into the trucking business, it is important that you know basic things about operating a trucking business.

This is for reason that the trucking services business is a highly competitive industry and starting a trucking business without any prior knowledge about the business can have undesirable results. Here are some of the things that you need to know when starting a trucking broker business:

Start-up capital and operation

Your start up capital for a trucking industry business will depend on how you intend to operate your business particularly the trucking operations and equipment. Trucking business operators have the option to purchase or lease their own trucks or hire subcontractors who own and operate their own trucks. The former would require a large investment because of the considerable cost of buying or leasing trucking vehicles. Generally it is advised that entrepreneurs who are looking at the trucking industry for investment must have at least $10,000 in capital. This investment can be easily recouped though because trucking transportation businesses reportedly earn income of at least $50,000 in a year.

Trucking business clients

Targeted market for a trucking business includes people and business organizations that manufacture, sell and distribute goods and materials. Getting big companies to work with you will be difficult though if your trucking company is just starting up and your trucking transport business has limited coverage. It is therefore important that you look for alternative potential clients which can include small business operators that are participating in trade shows to showcase their goods and products. These clients need trucking services when moving their goods from one location to another.

Marketing your trucking business

You can increase the number of clients who avail of your trucking services by advertising your trucking freight business. You may, for example, post ads in trade magazines where prospective clients are able to find them. You can also offer better rates than other trucking businesses and highlight your special rates when sending brochures to potential customers. Word of mouth remains to be helpful so take the opportunity to provide the best service to your clients as this can help spread the word about the excellent trucking services that you offer.

<<Tips on Starting a Gift Basket Business    Starting a Medical Equipment Business >>

623 Responses to "How to Start a Trucking Business".

1. Corey on 6/12/2008
I have had a cdl since 2000 and i have an EIN, i want to get a semi so i need to know how to put in bids, who to contact, how to get long term contracts, are gov't contracts available to haul, should i get the truck before i have a bid and who has the best insurance rates for commercial big trucks? ? I have not been on the road in a few years but i have driven trucks and willing to take test or refreshing coarse if it is required.
2. jose on 10/14/2008
I have a cdl and i am interested in starting up my own trucking company I don't know where to start how do I pick up clients i am in the same position as corey above.
3. Glenn on 10/24/2008
I WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO START A SMALL TRUCKING COMPANY WITH 10 TRUCK.
4. Scott on 1/1/2009
I own 2 Bobtails and I'am interested in starting a delivery service or LTL business, is this a good idea.
5. Levi on 2/17/2009 1:46:03 PM
I would like to buy a semi for the purpose of hauling an end dump trailer and leasing on with a broker. I did this before but I didn't do all of the necessary steps and ultimately didn't make it. I would like to know what are the necessary steps for this type of operation. It is all local hauling and I have a broker that will keep me busy all I need to know is the proper filings and steps to take. I will not need my own authority because I will run under the brokers but I will need my own DOT number. I had my own before but will it be any good anymore since it has been 4 years since my business has been active
6. John on 3/16/2009 3:21:59 PM
I've been an owner operator for the last 12 years, specializing in in-home deliveries. I'm tired of making other people all the money and being treated like a second class person. I believe that as a driver I have been taken advantage of for far to long. I would like to start my own delivery service but have no clue how to break into this secret club. I've tried in the past and was successful for a short period of time until the contract was taken over by a larger known service. It has been an enormous struggle to remain positive about the business that I love. I hope that I can get some really good advice about what to do.
7. BIG on 3/19/2009 10:20:12 PM
I'VE BEEN A UPS FEEDER DRIVER FOR 13 YRS AND I WANT TO START MY OWN TRUCKING COMPANY AS SOLE PROPRIETOR THEN LATER ON EXPANDING. I JUST NEED TO KNOW THE STEPS FROM SCRATCH. I WILL BE LEASING STRAIGHT TRUCKS FROM RENTAL COMPANIES STARTING OUT. I REALLY NEED SOME GOOD ADVICE ON HOW TO GET STARTED, THE STEPS
8. charm on 4/6/2009 7:33:00 PM
I want to start a small trucking company locally in south africa kzn. i need some advise, where can i purchase an erf truck that is less than fifty thousand rand and contracts to get jobs? i want the truck to work at the durban harbour delivering containers. please help.
9. Tyler (American International Transportation) on 4/6/2009 10:16:34 PM
We are always looking for truck drivers that provide excellent service to our customers and clients. If you ever need loads feel free to contact us: tyler@americaninternationaltransportion.com
We work with our clients to obtain the best possible rates for our owner operators. If you are interested feel free to contact.
10. gabariel sefala on 4/19/2009 3:13:49 AM
hi! I'm interested in starting a new trucking business in South Africa. I don't know where to start. Is there any reading material that you can recommend or anyone I can contact? Thank you.
11. James on 4/19/2009 3:10:09 PM
@Gabariel, What is your investment amount? How big is your company gonna be? Is that you want to start with 1-2 trucks or more? You need to provide more information on this in order to advice you more.

Jestin James
Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)

12. drew daugherty on 4/22/2009 1:12:25 PM
how much will it cost to start a small trucking company in the country?
13. CATHY ADAMS on 4/27/2009 7:34:39 PM
I WOULD LIKE TO BUY MY OWN TRUCK HOW CAN I GET A GRANT TO BUY MY OWN TRUCK, I ALREADY HAVE A PLACE TO PUT THE TRUCK.
14. Chris on 5/2/2009 12:29:41 AM
I live in a place where the closest trucking company is an hour away, there is a big demand here where I live and I have a class A. I need more info on the best way to get a company of maybe a few straight trucks going. Thank you,
15. Michael on 5/2/2009 9:57:30 AM
I am trying to buy a truck to start my own business. I keep running into snags, because no one is loaning money for the transportation businesses. I am looking low price trucks, but don't want to get to old so I can make money not spend money. I have located a 1999 Freight liner that is in grate condition and would be a dependable first truck. I need 13,500 dollars to get started, can you help me?
16. Ezekiek on 5/5/2009 5:08:53 AM
i also want to start a trucking business, and i need your advice please, because i am interested in business.
17. badhabit on 5/11/2009 6:50:13 PM
I've had my cdl's for 24 years & i'm tired of making someone else richer. I want to start my own trucking company for my family, how do i get started. where do i start?
18. Curtis on 5/19/2009 12:59:00 PM
I am also wanting to start my own business by being an owner operator. I have my class A and am tired of working for other people. I am starting from scratch and need to know what all I need to get started. Need to know the do's and dont's.
19. mfundo on 5/20/2009 12:17:19 PM
I am looking at what options I have in starting a trucking company in terms of the finance and ownership, how do I go about securing contracts with other companies?
20. pawel on 6/1/2009 10:34:23 PM
I have a 32 tons tipper and i would like to know how can i use this truck. If someone could offer me a good contract. If you have any good proposition for me and for you please reply on my email. pawelkowalonek@yahoo.com
21. A Cody on 6/16/2009 1:09:09 AM
How would, I start my on LTL delivery company What should I focus on doing to get contracts. What materials should I read or better yet what company provides materials for start up owner?
22. Nkosinathi on 6/25/2009 6:39:32 AM
I need information on the following issue. How to start a trucking business? Basics on how to secure contracts? How to secure start up capital? I will appreciate if i can get the information as soon as possible.
23. D Steele on 7/7/2009 9:30:26 PM
Could I get the same information forwarded to Nkosinathi -above. I want to look into starting trucking company with my own authority, thanks
24. TR on 7/10/2009 2:32:32 PM
I'm wondering if someone might be able to provide some tips on running a trucking company. My husband & father in law are currently running a small one but struggle daily with trying to keep from having to shut it down, finding good & reliable drivers, and they also do the maintenance on the trucks themselves. Even with all of their hard 24/7 work, they just can't seem to find an operation that works for them. I would appreciate any tips & suggestions available. I would just like to see their hard work pay off! Thanks!
25. Geoffrey on 7/11/2009 5:51:37 PM
Hi, i'm 18 years old...leaving in philadelphia, PA. i was wondering can i get some great advice how to start my own trucking business in the future, Basics on how to secure contracts? How to secure start up capital? how much would it cost me to start at least with 5 to 8 trucks and i really need every little details so i can start. I will appreciate if i can get the information as soon as possible please and thank you!!!!.
26. James on 7/11/2009 10:54:44 PM
@Geoffrey, you are just 18 so you have lots of time to gather information and save money for this business. Never forget this business is really a tedious one. For your knowledge, there are various sizes of trucks and the rate varies with that. To start with you can also think of used or lease trucks because they will reduce your investment. It is also good to start with lower number of trucks like 1-2. Good luck....

Jestin James
Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)

27. calvin on 7/15/2009 2:15:45 PM
geoffrey, i can say this it takes someone with a lot of heart to travel up and down these roads every day and its really hard when you got a family at home... wait till you are 21 yrs old and go be a company driver first. keep your eyes on the fuel prices. you will learn the in and outs of being on the road. your dispatcher can make you break sometimes, you just have to know when it is your breaking point out on the road and you need sleep. i don't care what load is on me when i get sleepy i stop that truck because there is nothing in that box that's worth more to me than not being able to go home and see wife and kids again... i haven't been late on a load and don't plan to be... good luck i'm just stating out on o/o side and its hard. it's all about how you spend your money and on what because when you become a o/o every penny counts. build you a business plan and stick to it and try to eat out of your truck. i know the women are hot and the foods good but it wont do anything for your business... good luck and be safe and keep this in mind "keep the shiny side up and the rubber down"
28. Jason on 7/19/2009 2:35:29 AM
I have seen several posts regarding starting up your own trucking business, it seems that most people overlook a lot of the start up costs. First you will need equipment such as trucks, trailers, load securement devices, a dependable cell phone service. You will also need to look at acquiring your own cargo insurance, tractor/trailer insurance, cargo insurance often times requires a $10,000 payment for the required amount of coverage. You will also need to acquire your own authority/DOT/MCC registration, as well as setting aside the proper amount of overhead (operating expense) to hold you over for 30-90 days. Many of your customers do not pay for services for up to 3 months after you have provided a service for them, not to mention you need to cover yourself in case of a breakdown, etc. If you are on a time sensitive load of perishables for example and your equipment breaks down, you could end up being stuck responsible for the load as they may not accept it after a set amount of time. This could be a major setback and you need to be prepared for it. Be prepared to set aside as much as 40% of your gross earnings for taxes, etc. Planning is really the key, and not expanding the size of your company too quickly, it's always tempting to expand as quickly as your freight options expand but it's not always a good idea because as quickly as those freight options expanded they could dry up while you are left holding the note on a lot of equipment/payroll/etc.
29. John munene kabuitu on 7/23/2009 5:31:17 AM
my story is different, have done enough research on truck business, my dilemma is how do i finance this business, i have all the knowledge but am honestly stuck.
30. Howard Matthews on 7/23/2009 10:50:12 PM
I want to start a trucking company with one truck. I want to know the first step in starting a the company.
31. James on 7/24/2009 7:57:54 AM
@Howard Matthews, I need to know few things before answering your question. Which state are you in? Are you going to drive or you gonna hire a driver?

Jestin James
Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)

32. Marvin on 8/4/2009 2:48:32 AM
How much does it cost to start a trucking company and whats the minimum trucks you can start with in South-Africa?
33. Nhlanhla on 8/13/2009 4:23:18 AM
I'm interested in starting my own trucking business. I need financial & long term contract assistance, so where and how do i get started?
34. NKOSA on 8/19/2009 6:50:05 AM
I HAVE RECENTLY REGISTERED WITH CIPRO AND WOULD LIKE TO VENTURE IN GOOD TRANSPORTING BUSINESS BECAUSE I SAW THE GREAT POTENTIAL IN THIS BUSINESS. I HAVE DOWNLOADED SOME FORMS FROM NEF FOR FUNDING, BUT I AM EMERGING BUSINESS WITH PROJECT CASH FLOW, BALANCE SHEET AND INCOME STATEMENTS I NEED SOME ASSISTANCE SINCE I DON'T HAVE A BUSINESS PLAN ON STARTING MY BUSINESS.
35. lekanka pheeha on 8/24/2009 6:54:27 AM
i am as well clueless, i want to start a trucking company. i have got only R25000 invested please advice me on what to do. very serious
36. may machaba on 8/26/2009 10:28:52 AM
am third year student who would like to have partner and start their own trucking company because i have potential and i believe i can put too much hard work in making the business successful, because i have done my research. anyone out there who can help please contact me on 0739089104
37. zaahid on 8/29/2009 9:44:10 AM
i want to get into the trucking business with a contract with a mine. please send me full details on how to go about it. thank you
38. NOMBULELO Ntshiba on 9/3/2009 9:47:51 AM
I would like to start a trucking business. I need to know what steps should I take to establish this.
39. kenneth on 9/9/2009 10:46:46 AM
I want to start my own business with one truck. Where do I began? Could I secure grant to cover start up cost?
40. mick on 9/15/2009 7:22:04 AM
I'm interested in starting my own trucking business in South Africa. How do I get started? Is there anyone out there who can assist with a contract or subcontract for beginners in the industry, people who can actually help you to grow your business.
41. william on 9/28/2009 4:08:43 PM
I am looking for 10m3 tipper but is hard to get finance even if i have deposit. Please help with advices and connections.
42. chris on 10/8/2009 3:15:58 PM
I need to know if I need a DOT number to drive locally in SC? My haul will be within 100 miles of my location.
43. Eddie on 10/19/2009 9:40:31 AM
I want to start a trucking company in rustenburg with one truck. I am not going to drive myself.
44. Alex Walton on 10/19/2009 1:46:26 PM
I would like to start my own trucking business but I do not know how to go about getting my start up cost. I would be the only driver therefore I only need one truck. Where do I begin?
45. cedric on 10/28/2009 12:26:32 PM
i'm interested in starting my own trucking business do anyone have advices
46. naren on 10/31/2009 2:20:33 PM
i want to start up my own trucking company and i need all the help and advise i can get. i want to start small and grow from there please help me. 651 500 1541
47. Skheto on 11/3/2009 2:36:42 AM
I would like to start a trucking business i have R50,000. Please advise on how to get a contract.
48. some answers on 11/4/2009 3:14:15 PM
My husband and I currently checking into purchasing a truck and starting a business. The first of course is to have your CDL. We have contacted insurance companies who want 2 months of payments down which is ranging from $1100-$1300 a month. I have figured we would need a month of gas money saved which is about $5200. Then you figure to tag the truck yearly. Now my husband is leasing on to someone and he will get 90% of the pay from the runs. We found a truck we are purchasing from an individual we know which happens to be the truck my husband currently drives. So we pretty much know the costs. Plus you have to factor in toll costs, repairs, and of course your taxes. I would advise talking to someone who is in the business local to you, but runs a small trucking business. Learn the ropes from someone reliable. Then look at someone who has made mistakes. We are doing just that. We are going to go slow with starting with the leasing on, then gradually work into my husband getting his own authority and broker's license then leasing on other trucks. Now this will not work for everyone, but the best thing I can tell you is research and ask questions of your local companies. Every area is different.
49. tshepo on 11/5/2009 11:23:14 AM
me and my business partners have a registered trucking company here in South Africa and we have managed to secure a five year 10m3 tipper truck contract at a reputable contractor. however we lack start up capital and deposit. please help. . Email me at bhslick@hotmail.com
50. thato on 11/11/2009 7:39:04 AM
i am student but i i am very interested in starting a trucking business and don't know how to go about starting it up. how do i get a legit driver, the start up capital, basically showing me the ropes on how to operate my business successfully
51. toddm on 11/17/2009 11:51:33 PM
Why don't all of you asking for someone to tell you "how to" go drive a truck and learn from the bottom up. Read and learn. If you have to ask "how" on this site, you will never make it. Who will be there to tell you "how" when the first problem comes up?
52. Paballo on 11/18/2009 1:15:02 PM
i am in south africa, johannesburg in palm springs and i want to know how can i lease my panel van business and how should i start leasing panel vans. i want to start my own business and i don't know how to start such a business and if i buy panel vans will i get contracts for them? please help me to know where to start
53. cb on 11/20/2009 11:51:32 AM
i am in houston, tx, united states. a friend and i are considering buying a truck. he has a CDL, i do not. he will be the driver i will just be the investor. we are trying to do this the right way and are searching for advice, help all that we can get before we do anything. thank you.
54. Jose on 11/21/2009 6:16:32 AM
Hi cb, I have a trucking company in Houston, Tx and I'm looking for owner operators. Please call me so we can discuss what you need to get started. 281-785-4461
55. clem on 11/21/2009 10:02:03 PM
Aurora IL. United States. I am working on my CDL now in the Chicagoland area. What I am looking to do is, one; to drive for a year to get the experience before purchasing a truck, I then would like move to Texas and hire a driver. Then in time maybe purchase another truck and hire another driver. The question is, owning a truck and hiring a driver instead of one driving it, can that still be profitable? Also, I have a three year old DUI how or where can I find an opportunity to start driving.
56. MECO on 11/27/2009 7:08:38 AM
I WANT TO START A SMALL SAFE TRUCKING COMPANY BUSINESS OUT OF ATLANTA GEORGIA AND I AM LOOKING FOR BUSINESS PARTNERS.
57. Scelo on 11/30/2009 5:05:07 AM
I am looking for a side tipper truck to rent from Rastenburg to Durban can anyone assist herein. Regards, Scelo
58. Ntombieh on 11/30/2009 4:49:17 PM
Hii, i am from South Africa, Durban. I've done my research & all i need now is company names and no's to assist me with getting 8 tonne truck for lease. Later am looking at buying. I know that busines is not easy & rosy as we all think & hope. But hard work and determination will take you there, never give up. Am glad 2 c so many ppl in this site. Gud luck 2 all!!! I have a driver already & a contract. My email add: ntombieh2@webmail.co.za. Thanx 4 such wonderful informative site
59. LeDana McGee on 12/1/2009 5:52:07 PM
I am currently in Tyler, TX, and I am seeking to help a family member start his own trucking company. He already has the truck and trailor, DOT number, and insurance, but needs contracts so that he can start making money in order to save money to become an owner/operator. Please email back with suggestions or contract information.
60. zibuyile chiya on 12/2/2009 9:46:57 AM
i want to start a small trucking business company but i don't know where to start. i'm in durban. please help.
61. nomfundo on 12/4/2009 6:46:09 AM
i have registered a cc, done my homework regarding learning about the business, now how do i go about getting contracts from other companies???? Please give me suggestions as much as possible, I'm in Pretoria, South Africa
62. Azra on 12/12/2009 1:34:14 AM
I really need help!!!!! We are opening a small trucking company. So far we have the MCDOT, BOC-3, UCR, MC# for the truck and broker authority. Now I do not know what else we need. We are located in Michigan, and will be dealing with all 48 states. What else do we need to get. I understand we need a truck and insurance on it. But is there anything else we need to complete this. I am not sure how the IFTA tax works also. Please I really need any information. Also, how do I start looking for loads....any specific website. As of right now we will start with one truck and service owner operators. Thank You
63. Jessie Mand on 12/26/2009 12:49:19 PM
One reason people fail in this line of work is because they don't know how to treat the drivers. Another reason is there Lack of will power drivers are not stupid we know how much loads Pay what the going. Rate is and if I don't get it I'm going To take it and you will be without a truck. Broker cheat me I through there load out along the highway. Where drivers our Friends are drivers so don't mess with the driver and you Will be very successful. WE do all the work and make you money But we can also bring you down
64. Jessie Mand on 12/26/2009 1:11:01 PM
I've been a driver for ten years. You should first drive for someone to see if you can even stand it. The rush the long work hours the stuff you have to put up with its cheaper to buy a cb radio listen to it. Talk on it and you will understand. There's fighting with the broker. The dispatch for rushing you jumpers for taking so dam long and depending on if you haul produce the inspector for rejecting your load the dot for inspecting you and wasting your whole day. The fast food lines traffic in new york, tolls, clearance on where you can and cannot drive If your new stay away from new york otherwise have a tow truck ready. Being a driver can also be cool because of the Times you have to yourself. I go home one time a month for two days I work for my family. I like my job I wouldn't recommend it for some Cry baby I'm a woman but more than a man
65. michael on 12/29/2009 3:24:47 AM
how can i get a contract as a subcontractor in trucking i want to start a trucking business may local for starters. i'm in cape town
66. NUTAN DAS on 12/31/2009 11:59:50 PM
i am nutan das. i want to start a business. i am from INDIA, WEST BENGAL, KOLKATA.
67. mohammed hoosen khan on 1/7/2010 2:51:40 AM
im based in durban, south africa. i have a very lucrative transport business running for 4 years. 2 horse trucks and 2 tri axle trailers. i have excellent contracts. i am now looking to sell outright or a partner. contact mohammed 0828924741.
68. mohammed hoosen khan on 1/7/2010 3:04:44 AM
could the people of above numbers 75,68,51,39,41,n 12 contact me on 0828924741 or email me on info@shoukatulislam.co.za their email address so that we can discuss further options. thanks. mohammed
69. SOUTHERN GIRL on 1/9/2010 9:15:00 AM
CAIRO, GEORGIA, UNITED STATES(SOUTHEAST). ME, MY DAD AND BROTHER ARE WANTING TO START A TRUCKING BUSINESS WITH MY BROTHER DOING THE DRIVING. FIRST OF ALL DO YOU THINK THIS IS A WISE DECISION? WE DO NOT WANT TO START OUT WITH THE BEST AND MAYBE WITH 1-2 TRUCKS, PLEASE ADVISE ME OF WHICH WAY TO START AND INFO TO READ. WHICH HAULING WOULD BE THE MOST PROFITABLE, HE HAS HAULED FUEL, DRIED GOODS, AND REEFER!! PLEASE HELP A SOUTHERN GIRL GET STARTED....
70. M.Mchako on 1/10/2010 1:10:01 PM
I am interested in a food transportation business at Qacha's nek at Lesotho, how do I go about financing this business.
71. DukeFrage on 1/10/2010 1:43:16 PM
Ive been a truck driver for 20 years. I'm looking into starting my own specialized transport company. I lack the finances. Can anyone help me with government loans. I'm sure there are some out there.
72. Mfolwe on 1/11/2010 8:14:21 AM
I would like to start my own trucking business but i lack the resources and the ideas of starting up my own business. Will someone come forward to start a partnership cos am living in country where there is a lot of business.I have a registered company only looking for partner with the knowledge of running a trucking business. Botswana, Southern Africa
73. bafenyi on 1/12/2010 3:40:45 PM
i am currently studying i was just asking is it possible to hire trucks head 2 company like abi eg sab an coke company. ill also like 2 have a logistics company especially to transport cars, i just need your advice thanx taking me into consideration
74. Percy on 1/17/2010 10:40:41 PM
Hi, i'm a 20yr old student and currently doing my 2nd year in varsity and i've been doing my research about starting a transporting business. all i want is how to get the capital required and how to secure my business so as to gain long term contracts.
75. nkosana ntlati on 1/21/2010 7:53:44 AM
hi i am 31yr old and i have already being registered a company name and the clearance certificate of sars. i want to start truck business so i dont have enough money to start. i was at fdc; firstly they want to know that do i have sub contract where the truck will work. so i dont have sub contract to find can u please help me with contract so that i can be funded. my numbers 0836849956.
76. tumi on 1/23/2010 7:18:14 AM
hi, i am currently doing my business plan on truck business but i am stuck and i need guidance on how to complete the business plan. anybody with the knowledge and skill may you please assist
77. franklin staley on 1/24/2010 9:34:13 AM
i am interested in trucking business and i have one. jashrana transport llc charlotte, nc, us
78. natasha on 1/25/2010 6:23:23 AM
i live in tanzania in a city called dar es salaam me and my husband we run a trucking company of supplying fuel to neighboring countries my question is how many workers do i need(not the drivers but on documentation side ) and how to divide their responsibilities. please help me as i have no idea how to manage my employees
79. makudula on 1/25/2010 10:50:26 AM
I am interested in a trucking business but l don't know who will finance me if I don't have security as I will be a beginner.
80. kenneth on 1/25/2010 5:31:08 PM
i live in capetown and i would like to start trucking business, i do not need funding at this stage, i just need to know if it is easy to get a contract.
81. Ken on 1/28/2010 10:44:51 AM
Hello All, I Live in Abilene Tx. A friend and I are starting our own business, Both of us will be driving, 2 trucks, Just wondering where the contracts would be and which platform would be the best, (ie..Drybox vs. Flatbed vs. reefer.) Most of my experience is in the Temperature controlled area. Some flatbed exp. and at least 3 years of Dryvan Hauling. Between the 2 of us there are almost 40 yrs. of experience. Looking for contracts, possibly Government and Military hauling and supply. Thanks, Nighthawk
82. Greg on 1/28/2010 8:10:40 PM
I am from central texas, my question is how to put together a business plan that can grant me the type of loan that I need to get started. Thank you.
83. Mushangwe on 1/31/2010 4:50:54 AM
We have a transport business in Zimbabwe we were wondering, if there is anyone out there who can help us go international?
84. Lesego on 2/6/2010 9:49:05 AM
Mafikeng, North West, South Africa. I have the capital, dont know how to do a business plan, the fundamentals of registering my company name and all the permits. Pls help!
85. Lushen on 2/8/2010 3:31:58 AM
Hi there, I really want to start a trucking business and want to know how much would it cost to actually start a company like this. I managed to save up about R75000.00 and want to know if that money is sufficient enough to at least get started. Please advise. Thanks
86. thandi makubo on 2/10/2010 5:52:34 AM
hi, am thandi in palm springs, south africa, can paballo plz email or call me on 0785462258. I would like to have an experienced driver to talk about the trucking business as i think they are more knowledgeable about the business.
87. vishal on 2/15/2010 8:14:06 AM
hi, actually i want to start trucking business in india state maharashtra city mumbai. but i dont have that much capital. how can loan would be possible from any bank. i have an idea how can start business. my number is 9773202733.
88. Mendi on 2/16/2010 9:06:49 AM
Hi, can nos 79 & 92 contact me urgently, I have fleet of trucks and right now need jobs for 15 flatdecks, only need principal contract owners not brokers or chancers. My piece of advise to everyone: please be careful, this is a very risky business with lots of fraudsters, brokers lie and claim to have contracts whilst transporters become greedy and want to bypass brokers, good luck to all, I must say the risk is worth taking. my nos are 083 8858 415
89. omesh on 2/16/2010 10:01:54 AM
hi i m from Johannesburg, i had my own transport business but had some issues and lost it. I want to get back in the business would like to know how i go about it i don't have the finance to, but got the knowledge and know the rights from wrongs now. Please help!!
90. J.M. Legora on 2/17/2010 7:49:44 AM
I have a registered company and I would like to pursue business in logistical trucking. I have deposit to put in truck purchasing but the banks are reluctant to finance me to get a truck. They said since my company was registered wef 2006, the company was dormant as such they can not finance. Kindly assist.
91. Melissa Wiseman on 2/18/2010 3:08:42 PM
Wiseman Transportation, Sioux City, Iowa: United States of America I have my EIN # and my husband is the driver. I need the same information as the above. Where do we start. We have a truck, lease to own, but the engine blew. We now need capital to pay off the truck and start over. Where do I start.
92. R.R.A. on 2/23/2010 2:03:17 PM
I have been driving truck for others for about 7 years and am interested in becoming an owner operator. I have my business plans, costs and other start up issues relatively figured out. I need help with finding the Hauling. I have always hauled agriculture and forestry products which in that field mother nature determines when you work. I am looking for hauling in MD and the surrounding states ( DE,PA,NY,VA,WV,NC,NJ ). I would like to be home every night but would consider any type of freight. Any leads, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
93. S.M.P on 2/27/2010 3:08:03 PM
Responding to R.R.A: If you want to be home every night and be an owner operator, you might look into a day cab and higher under construction companies, Budwieser, bread distributors, etc. Everyone else in retail will want OTR.
94. Adrian Azuara on 3/3/2010 9:40:07 AM
Hi, I'm dump truck (tandem, hauling sand, dirt, gravel, etc.) owner operator in Dallas, TX. And I have been a sub-contractor for many companies but they pay what they want, anyways, what i like to know is how to approach to a company and offer them my services and get a bigger piece of cake, since i pay for my insurance and fuel i dont make enough money as its supposed to be, Any one with any ideas please let me know, thanks, Best regards, ADRIAN
95. Smooth operator on 3/8/2010 7:12:15 PM
Hello! My name is Andre'. I am interested in starting my own business and would like to do so when I can save enough capital to operate. I have the connections and some know how and can operate my own equipment. I prefer refrigerated but would also do dry van. I guess what I am trying to say first of all is that I need a job in order to get to this point. I am willing to work with someone in a cost efficient manner in order to get both of us going in a good and clean direction. I have my class A Cdl and live in Durham NC. Nowhere in the US is to far! Will someone be willing to take a chance?? My background is not so perfect but I am carved out for success in Trucking!!! My email address is bigcountryshiway@yahoo.com or I can be reached on my cell @ 571-921-6768. Thank you and may God bless you all in your endeavors!!
96. Basil on 3/11/2010 5:15:30 AM
Hello! My name is Basil and i would like to start a trucking business, I have registered a close corporation already, I would like to know, how do i get long term contracts with big companies?
97. jack derousse on 3/17/2010 10:29:05 PM
i need to start my own trucking business because i'm unemployed and i have a son who is autistic and when the money isnt coming in i cant buy him any thing how can i start one quick sign jack derousse
98. Jim Turner on 3/22/2010 4:50:48 PM
We are a canadian trucking company that services all of North America by road. We also serve the entire world through our global contacts with air and sea. If any trucking company is looking for loads or advise please give us a call; J J Transport Inc 100-9200 Van Horne Way, Richmond BC V6X 1W3, (O)604-521-1105 (F) 604-521-1106
99. cecilia on 3/24/2010 3:00:48 PM
hi, i'm from johannesburg. i want to start my own trucking business and i don't have money to start the business or the contract, would you please assist me.
100. Louise Clarisse on 3/25/2010 7:13:48 AM
We want to start a trucking business and need help as to how we go about this business
101. Mandy on 3/26/2010 5:04:59 PM
New Jersey. My brother and I have started our own trucking business, we currently have just received work from a company. What costs do we need to put aside for in the future. How do we get more contracts, the one we have now is from a family friend.
102. TIPMAN PROJECT AND SERVICES on 3/27/2010 5:21:20 PM
Hi we recently started a business a trucking one so we need to win a tender but we don't know where to start for applying and we four young stars is there any information you can give us, we determined to have it and passion is there i can tell. Help us in any way you can we are at Gauteng province SOUTH AFRICA. Thank you
103. Ezra Oliver Frechas on 3/29/2010 6:43:42 AM
Hi there, I am an experienced trucker for the last 12 years and would like to enter into operations management or owner\driver schemes. I live in Stellenbosch West Prov and would appreciate if any company new or established would like to make use of my knowledge and expertise. My options are wide open and am relocatable anywhere in SA or overseas. Many thanks in anticipation
104. Newman Ngwenya on 3/29/2010 8:43:42 AM
I would like contact details or email address for number 47 one William. I am able to assist him. My contact number is 0834385878.
105. Nomathemba Cynthia Mngomezulu on 4/1/2010 7:32:40 AM
Hi, I would like to start my own trucking business and also I would like to add it to South African data base. How can I do that. Where do I get the data base forms? My cell number is 083 481 1415. I will appreciate any help that can be offered to me. Thanking you in anticipation
106. baziwane on 4/2/2010 11:03:00 AM
hello, I am in need of advise of how to start good transport company, today i have 1 truck, have been in business of transport for 6 years but on local basis in Uganda. what i want is, to register this trans; and get better profits, next i am need contracts, is it profitable to employ some one to handle my book work and marking my company? so i will live my mail sserwajja@yahoo .ca
107. baziwane on 4/2/2010 11:12:51 AM
Hello, i need any one in Uganda to help me if she or he can proved my with contract have Fuso not tipper but i have the possibility to buy one. thank u sserwajja@yahoo .ca
108. Hi on 4/4/2010 1:21:33 AM
Hi, i'm from india and would like to go ahead and start a transport company. would require some people to help me. i'm not financially well
109. David Suiter on 4/7/2010 9:27:50 PM
Hello to all, my name is David Suiter, and I have been in the trucking industry long enough to answer some of these more detailed questions. Right is right, and wrong is wrong, if you want to get into this industry on the right foot... get out your note pad and follow along.

#1) Money! You won't get far without it! The truth is, if you are seeking a loan or an investor, partner, or even thinking maybe I could get a gov. grant! Well, if your a white male living in the United States, forget the grant idea! As far as a loan goes, banks don't really care if you have experience in the industry or not, or if you have somehow secured a contract. The truth is they know what the numbers are and the stats are very much against you making it your first try. As for partners, well, they also have a very poor track record, not just in the trucking industry and I certainly don't recommend it. I know, now you are thinking... there goes that great idea! Not to fear, there is a solution to the money problem. It won't be easy and may not be what you want to hear, but I will give you some anyway for those that actually do have the salt for this industry.
110. David Suiter on 4/7/2010 9:55:47 PM
#1) Money! cont...
Option #1, Work for someone else, and become an expert on money management! Get yourself out of debt. by paying off anyone you owe money to. Do this systematically, start by paying off the lowest debt. first and work your way to the bigger ones. Also, while your working on your debt., disregard all of your current bills that you don't NEED for survival, yes including TV! This will increase your effort on eliminating your debt. All the while you must be SAVING every dime and nickel that you can make! Invest your free time into learning how to make quick turn investments so that this savings can get bigger, quicker! You must keep your eye on the ball, if you don't sketch out a simple budget and some form of side investments (focused on quick return), and/or another job or a simple side business that you can do while you work, then you won't make it to your goal! Also, keep in mind, all the while you are reducing debt., making EXTRA income and trying to stay focused, you should also be looking at your projected costs for starting your trucking company. Now, this is option #1, and if you find it too tough to do, you may want to reconsider going into the trucking industry all together. Why? Because the simple fact is that without being devoted to money management and making goals you can achieve, you won't make it in the trucking industry for very long. If you jump in before your ready, you can lose everything you own and then some in this industry.
111. David Suiter on 4/7/2010 10:30:44 PM
#1)Money! cont...
Option #2) This option may be even tougher than the first, but it may also be quicker for some to achieve. Start by, getting your class A CDL's by simply working for a company that offers training for new drivers. As soon as you get your CDL and start driving, keep an eye open for some other better paying companies because a lot of those BIG outfits don't pay newbies too well. Work your way, once you've got the experience, into a company that offers an Owner/Op lease program that fits your experience. When looking at these companies I would suggest looking at companies that lease out good quality trucks, as this may very well be your 1st truck you use when you finally own it. Also, keep option 1 in mind and stash away as much capital as possible while your working for someone else. The norm on these lease programs is from 1yr to 3yrs and maybe even as long as 4yrs depending on the age and mileage of the truck you are leasing. Also, when leasing a truck as an Owner/Op working for another company, remember that they are paying you on a 1099 or as a sub-contractor. That means that you will have to keep good records for taxes and have some (about 30%) set aside so that you don't get burned when you have to level with Uncle Sam. Once you've made it through your lease... This is where it can make you or break you! They may have said those truck payments went towards the purchase of the truck, but I've yet to see one that actually does. If you have enough stashed away then, buy the truck or surf around for better deals. Either way, you can stay with that company as an Owner Op, and I suggest that you do for at least until your truck is paid off completely! You may want to keep trucking with them even longer to build up your savings enough to buy (not lease) a trailer. Okay, so either option 1 or 2 will take some time to see happen for you, but it will be worth it if you can keep your eye on the ball. There is another option as well, however, only about 1 out of 20 people are well suited for it. If you simply must know about option #3, I welcome you to call me at 704-652-8209 and I will go into more detail about it. Please only serious people should call for option 3, the 1st two work just fine, they just take a lot longer than some are willing. I will return for more answers on this industry in another day or so.
112. santiago gutierrez on 4/8/2010 6:29:24 AM
5906 solomon ln. Corpus Christi, tx 78415-5512. Cell ph.# 361-549-0741. I want to start a trucking business. I've been a truck driver since 2003. I am a current owner operator for 4 yrs. now. I own a 1993 freightliner fld 120, 425 hp. 3406b cat. 13 speed, solid truck, love it. I'm lease on to Star Transport, Inc. in San Antonio, Tx. We haul asphault to different hot mix plants in San Antonio, Tx from the Valero refinery plants in Corpus Christi, Tx. I often think, what if I was hauling for myself instead of being dependent to my employer? What if I had my own authority? I've settled for less to gain some good experience but, I want to know what goes on behind close doors. I'm ready to learn about the next step and see what I need to do to get going!
113. zibani on 4/14/2010 5:54:09 AM
i want to start a trucking business in botswana, how do i avoid the common mistakes involved in starting such business, please advice
114. kaylee on 4/15/2010 1:46:42 AM
I come from China and our factory mainly produce trucks for transportation, such as trailers, dump trucks, fuel tank trailers and so on. With perfect service, top quality and good price we have served Africa market for five years. Hope to bring more benefit for the people who want to run truck business.
115. kaylee on 4/15/2010 2:01:06 AM
I can help people who want to buy trucks, my email: qykaylee@yahoo.cn cell phone: +86 135 9789 5812
116. Alton on 4/20/2010 8:06:26 PM
I would like to start my own Trucking company. I would be interested in hauling loads in a 24ft box truck (class b license) and driving up to 500 miles a day or up to 10hrs and then return home. Can i make money doing this in a box truck and What steps do i need to take to find loads.
117. manchal on 4/24/2010 5:10:16 PM
hi, this manchal from india mumbai, wanted to start a trucking business. i have the capital to buy a truck and start but the most difficult part is to get the business and contracts, if go to an agent i take the commission and we lose our profit, how to get the contracts directly from the company or is there any way i can find the business in mumbai or some other place in india.
118. Imtiyaz on 4/25/2010 12:52:13 AM
could the people for above numbers 75,96 contact me on 09986114747 or email me on imtayshgul@yahoo.com so that we can discuss further about starting trucking business. Thanks, Imtiyaz
119. bongani on 5/5/2010 6:50:13 AM
I want to start my own trucking company but i'm not sure of how to get contracts with other companies and where to get my clients, please help
120. Karim Ullah Khan on 5/9/2010 5:02:15 AM
Hi, My father has the Transportation company of over 15 fleet of trucks, I would like to extend his business and would like to seek for more clients and customers. What procedure should I follow to be a successful businessman? Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
121. C.Scott on 5/12/2010 12:38:35 PM
I have the cash to startup my own box/straight truck company, How do i go about getting my business off the ground?
122. Ncedo on 5/13/2010 5:41:28 AM
I would want to get into trucking business(business planning, financing and contracting) perhaps hire it out to local mining industries in the Free State or for the purposes of transporting food stuff. Please respond on the above email address.
123. maja daniel on 5/15/2010 10:35:31 AM
i am looking for the truck /construction equipment business at the mining sector. i need to know how to get a truck(place & payment plan)or construction equipment and a contract from the mines or any other company around limpopo, gauteng, mpumalanga and north west in SOUTH AFRICA.
124. Sharon on 5/15/2010 12:37:17 PM
I am tired of watching my husband have to drive a company truck and get nowhere. He has been treated unfair by just about everyone he has driven for. I want to find some way to purchase a truck, permits, etc. and have a little to get started. (fuel, tires, maint.) Please- tell me if there is a way??? we are in Indiana- United States
125. fawehinmi olayinka on 5/17/2010 7:04:16 AM
i am looking for a company to manage trucks for me. the trucks are yet to be purchased because i dont know what specification of truck the company will require but i can afford spending 80,000USD on truck purchase(for a start). we will negotiate on the amount the company delivers to me monthly for a certain period of year(s). please recommend any company trustworthy do business with. business address: realized that trading company, le arce building, danie theron and gerrit meritz, pretoria north, 1802. thanks
126. Andries on 5/17/2010 8:08:53 AM
I'm so interested in starting a transport business, right now I don't have any truck, I'm still looking for a transport contract before I can buy my own truck or a bakkie depending on the type of a contract. Would you please give me some advises on where to start. I also need more information regarding financing the trucks and insurance. Andries (Yeoville, Gauteng)
127. Thabo on 5/18/2010 7:07:59 AM
It's always been my dream to own a trucking business. I can afford to pay the deposit should I be granted a loan. I need info on how get a contract, finance and an insurance for the truck or even a bakkie. I also need advise on how to manage, sustain and grow my business. I reside in Bethlehem, Free State.
128. Darien Williams on 5/20/2010 12:15:03 AM
Me and my two partners are forming a trucking business. Our concerns are how to get a contract and how to get a long extended contract. Also we are trying to figure which parts of the industry would be the best to get started with. As far as shipping goods over the road or doing local work. As what website or number to call to get work for our semi. We are located in Dallas Texas, Thank you and God Bless.
129. Tema on 5/20/2010 6:42:12 AM
It's always been my dream to own a trucking business. I can afford to pay the deposit should I be granted a contract. I need info on how to get a contract particularly in the mining industry, finance and an insurance for the truck. I also need advise on how to manage, sustain and grow my business. Reside in Polokwane, Limpopo
130. Landiwe Majola on 5/20/2010 9:24:52 AM
Me and my partner want to buy a truck and start a business together what should we do to start a business. Regards Landiwe
131. shulton lewis on 5/21/2010 10:26:29 AM
i have been in the petroleum business for over 11 years. i'm well rounded, i have experience in just about all areas from shipping and handling, maintenance, operations, to the laboratory with the majority of this experience coming from the military. i'm now in the process of starting a petroleum delivery company and would like information on how to acquire my own contracts. any info would be great thank you..
132. Ronny on 5/26/2010 6:11:21 AM
it has been a while that i have registered my company in trucking but i have not even gone a distance could you please advise on how to get contracts, finance and where to buy a truck . please assist in drawing a business plan
133. Nomsa Malamula on 5/28/2010 6:12:02 AM
Hi! I'm a 25 years old woman. I want to get in to the truck business. I have a driver. I just want to know how much must I save to start the business . I need guidance & advise. I want to start small then grow obviously. I would like to transport everyday use goods. I mean 1 truck for a start.
134. winnie mosier on 5/28/2010 12:49:11 PM
I wonder if you can help us with the start up on a new trucking Business in Pennsylvania. we need to know of all the permits we need to get for Pa.
135. Nelly-Lillian Mojalefa on 6/2/2010 1:34:09 PM
i would like to start my own trucking business company, i'm based in Limpopo, South Africa
136. zibuyie mbhele on 6/2/2010 1:34:51 PM
hi, i want to start up my own trucking business company based in kzn, durban. i'm currently searching for a good business plan, i need basic information about how to start up my company, i need guidance and advice in order for it to be successful in the market. thank u, zibuyile
137. Paul T. on 6/3/2010 4:48:35 AM
Hi, i want to start my own trucking business hauling ag. products,(commodities). I would like to know all start up cost, day to day cost, and what to charge to haul. Central Valley(modesto, turlock, fresno areas), California.
138. pardeep kumar on 6/5/2010 2:15:58 AM
namastey, i want to start the business of transportation in india. so i want to know how much minimum capital is required to start this business. and also want to know how to get success in this type of business. i'm waiting for ur valuable suggestions. thanks pardeep
139. affi on 6/5/2010 12:44:08 PM
I have a dream that jesus put in me, i want to be part of the trucking business i just dont know what to do with this dream i have i'm a young 21 year old who wants to uplift my family to the standard they deserve
140. Luca Barnard on 6/7/2010 10:20:09 AM
hi my name is luca barnard i am a qualified diesel mechanic in johannesburg South africa . could u please send me more information about your services ..thanx
141. Asif mehdi on 6/7/2010 7:13:25 PM
I need steps in sequence how to establish trucking company!
142. Ajayi babatunde on 6/9/2010 10:59:49 AM
I currently reside in england but planning to return to nigeria to set up a trucking business. I will appreciate it if you can help me with the detailed process of setting up a successful medium sized company.
143. Vusi Vilakazi on 6/11/2010 2:31:39 AM
I'm based in South Africa, Mpumalanga Province, at Bethal and I will like to know how to secure a 5 year coal transport contract with Eskom SA, I have everything in order and once I get such a contract I can approach any finance institution for finance.
144. Nadia Moodley on 6/11/2010 10:27:09 AM
Hi my name is Nadia. We run a logistics company in Durban South Africa. We have work for tippers, 20 ton end tippers & 34 ton side tippers for anything from Scrap metal to maize. If there is anyone in the Gauteng/Pretoria or Middleberg area with these types of vehicles, please contact me at nadia_anne@msn.com
145. Pacific Seagate Logistic Inc on 6/11/2010 4:01:55 PM
We are in container freight forwarding and trucking business located at Surrey, B.C.Canada. Our trucks move load upto 53' dry vans and reefers in Canada and USA. We also do container freight forwarding to Europe, Americas and Asia. Contact us for associations and agency work.
146. Alan on 6/22/2010 3:43:26 PM
I currently work as a subcontractor delivering office products I have my own trucks and 5 employees. I am interested in starting my own delivery service I have everything workmans comp, insurance, 4 trucks. I just need to know how to get a contract. I am not sure how to started. How to get bids. I have been doing this for 15years. Any info would be great.
147. Macdonald on 6/23/2010 2:02:03 AM
I am interested in the transportation of coalor chrome and would like to find out more on how I can get started, especially on how to get a contract to transport with South Africa. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
148. mpho on 6/25/2010 3:02:58 AM
i would like to get into this business like many others here,and would like to gather some info on how to go about, all the logistics needed to start.
149. Wolfy on 6/28/2010 8:05:08 AM
I have done some extensive research into starting a small trucking company and just to pass on what I have learned, consider the following.

Cost of tractor (in the US) $6500 to $20,000

Cost of $1,000,000 liability for the year and $250,000 cargo insurance - around $6,000/year with $1800-$2000 required up front

Trailer $3000-$8000

DOT Authority approx $1000

Monthly Fuel costs at ~8,000 miles/month $4,800 (times 2 is $9,600 which is how long you need to be able to survive on your own)

Tax/Title/Tags/Dealer Prep for the Govt (plates etc) $1,500

Now, that all comes to on the low side $25,400 give or take $1,000 or so JUST to START the business and keep it going WITH NO REPAIRS for 2 months, NOT counting what you are going to eat, pay your home electric, phone, water or any other personal bills. Also it doesn't take into account being on the road and paying for incidentals as tolls, showers, tarps, load bars, chains, straps, nails, wood to secure special loads, or ANYTHING like that.

Another thing you have to consider is the Quarterly or Monthly Business TAXES that you will have to file and pay. Not taking into account ANY OTHER COSTS which you may encounter!!!

You blow ONE tire on the road, and dont have the means or knowledge to change it yourself, there goes $500 right off the bat. Tire shreds an airbag, $500-$2000 gone. Shipper says they want something special used to secure load, $$$$$ again.

You will NEED to have $30,000 to $50,000 just to be able to run your own truck, own trailer, getting your own loads for TWO months. The average tractor trailer gets around 5 to 6 miles to the gallon of Diesel fuel. Fuel is around $3.00 a gallon. $0.60 cents per mile (cpm) is needed to fuel your truck so keep that in mind as well.

I DON'T know it all, am NOT in business for myself yet, but it is getting closer every day for this to happen. These are just the numbers I have come up with from over a months worth of searching, reading, learning, and speaking with folks who know.

I will IGNORE any questions relating to things like "can I have some money" or "How do I get money" or "will you hire me (unless you have a quality truck and proven track record with paper to back it up)"... I am in the business to make money, and my time is money. This is your nickels worth of free advice so use it wisely!!! I can be reached via gmail @ handletrucking (if you cant figure it out, you dont need to be working for me, or anyone else for that matter)

Good Luck!!!
150. Nkosinathi Majola on 6/28/2010 9:48:57 AM
Hi i'm nkosinathi majolan i'm 26 and i want to start a business but i didnt manage to save money. My concerned is that how to start a business. Please advise me, my number is 0785762087
151. sibusiso on 6/29/2010 5:45:43 AM
I WANT TO START MY OWN TRUCK BUSINESS AND I NEED CONTACTS ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO HELP ME PLEASE CONTACT ME ON 072 1043312 OR S.NONJOLA@YAHOO.CO.UK LOCATION VAAL
152. Lucky Mphikeleli on 6/30/2010 8:04:20 AM
Good day guys please help me I would like to start a trucking business I dont have money but i want to start my own business I am in the motor industry in south africa durban my number is 0731517272 or 0314522500
153. william ngwasheng on 7/2/2010 8:14:44 AM
I am interested in starting trucking business. I have inherited 2 x 10m3 tipper trucks. Please somebody help with some job. than you
154. gin on 7/5/2010 8:20:12 PM
seeking the same answer as #125, starting out with a box truck 26ft, need experience getting freight contracts, also is it worth it hauling hazardous materials?
155. Mastermind Dludlu on 7/9/2010 12:35:49 PM
HI WE ARE RUNNING A RECYCLING CO. IN SOUTH AFRICA, GAUTENG, ROODEPOORT, WEST OF JOHANNESBURG, AND I'M EXPERIENCING A HIGH DEMAND OF SKIP LOAD TRUCK, WITH AT LEAST TEN BINS, AND DOUBLE DIFF, SO IF YOU HAVE MONEY TO BUY THAT TYPE OF A TRUCK, AND FURTHER I WILL GIVE A CLUE OF HOW MUCH CAN YOU AT LEAST BUDGET R1000 000+, SO IF YOU HAVE SUCH MONEY OR YOU QUALIFY FOR CREDIT OF THAT AMOUNT YOU CAN MEET ME, I'M READY AND WILLING TO GIVE YOU A FIVE YEARS CONTRACT IMMEDIATELY, O DOESN'T WHICH PROVINCE ARE YOU FROM ALL MATTERS IS WE ARE GIVING YOU THIS OPPORTUNITY FOR FURTHER INFO VISIT OUR WEDSITE@ WWW.CORERECYCLING.CO.ZA OR DIRECT EMAIL.masterdludlu@corerecycling.co.za Mobile:0760521969/0782007364
156. muhammad on 7/13/2010 8:57:04 AM
i already started my own light and heavy trucks business. i want some advices to work better in this market. thanks
157. Edward on 7/13/2010 10:59:11 AM
i want to start a transportation business, using one bakkie. so i want to know how will i get contracts and clients. i'm in witbank town in south africa.
158. Patrick on 7/14/2010 9:15:22 AM
message for william ngwasheng. My name is Patrick and I run a construction company in cape town, and think I might have business for you. contact me on 021 507 4833/ 072 616 6905 urgently.
159. MBATSHI on 7/14/2010 9:17:02 AM
i just want help of a fully winning trucking business plan coz i want to start this type of a business and i want to be financed by the bank to start. would someone out there help with the best business plan
160. Mr Ngubane on 7/14/2010 9:31:54 AM
I own a successful construction and logistic business and looking at interested investor to the business. if you're interested..for more info contact me on: ngubs@thegolf.co.za or 072 616 905.
161. boi puontwa on 7/15/2010 6:23:58 PM
I am looking for an an investor. I am from Botswana in southern africa. i need Tractor and flat trailers to do hauling of goods in botswana. At the moment i have jobs that are waiting for me to provide trucking. pls get in touch with me, this is a good deal. my email is boipuontwa37@yahoo.com. thank you
162. Naranjargal on 7/16/2010 5:24:47 AM
Hello, I'm from Mongolia, where mining boom nowadays. Our company is looking for investor of Coal transportation project. We have agreement to transport coal to China for 1 year with 100 trailers. This is a really good deal. please connect us naranjargald@gmail.com www.smt.mn
163. Angelo on 7/19/2010 6:05:16 AM
It seems every tom dick & harry in South Africa wants to start a trucking company, are you all just limited to the same goal, if so then we have a HUGE problem in this country. . I give up time to look at other industries. . Like clothing, websites maybe?
164. Aaron on 7/21/2010 6:03:04 AM
For information on Trucking in South Africa, Finance, Contracts, email me on huntandgold@gmail.com or call me on 0791002527
165. braylyn smith on 7/23/2010 11:11:04 PM
how much will it cost to start a trucking company ? ( ESTIMATE )the cost to purchase - trailers , decals , trucks and more stuff that's needed to start a successful trucking company ?
166. THATO MOOKI on 7/24/2010 10:18:27 AM
I HAVE INTERESTED 34 TON SIDE TIPPER LOOKING FOR A DIRECT CONTRACT FROM MINES. PLEASE CALL ME ON 078 519 5562 THATO. ONLY DIRECT CONTRACT
167. Jabulane Mhlongo on 7/24/2010 3:42:58 PM
I am in Mpumalanga Province in Nelspruit (RSA)Would like to know more on legal requirements on opening a Trucking business.
168. chris on 7/25/2010 8:16:01 PM
I am in WV. And would like to know what i need to get started. I have been driving for 14 years.
169. Stan on 7/26/2010 8:00:57 PM
Hello! I've been a truck driver for two years. I have my own semi over 26000pds. I'd like to open a small trucking company-2 or 3 units. What steps i need to do in order to run my own company. How can i register MC and find insurance company and factoring? Thank u
170. inbal on 7/28/2010 6:22:32 AM
Hi! Whether you drive a truck or own a truck company, make sure you try myrouteonline.com - it will optimize your delivery routes and save you a lot of time (and fuel). This will leave you some money to spend on other stuff... Good Luck and drive carefully!
171. VINOD on 8/1/2010 9:31:07 AM
I AM FROM ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA, I WANT TO START OWNER OPERATOR TRUCK BUSINESS, CAN U HELP ME HOW CAN I START? THANK YOU
172. Nomusa Khumalo on 8/2/2010 8:37:26 AM
Hi I am a black woman in South Africa I want to start a trucking business and I wish to know the tips of starting the business also the how to register in a trucking business data base in South Africa. Really please kindly help with any assistance you can have i am so interested to do this business. Regards, Nomusa
173. Rosalia Raudales on 8/2/2010 1:14:49 PM
I started my own Trucking Co and need information how to get my own authority? I only have one truck. Can you give advise which is the best reliable source to find loads? Best Regards, Rosy
174. Marlvin on 8/2/2010 1:51:52 PM
I have 6 superlinks that have been doing local and cross border transport for over 8years with a fair amount of experience and recently acquired 4 1,5tonne bakkies. I am facing challenges with loads for the 1,5 toners. I am willing to swap ideas with anyone serious. No chancers. Onemarimo@yahoo.com #0726640441.
175. Munchy on 8/3/2010 7:39:49 AM
I registered my trucking company in SA a year ago. I have to get a business deal first before I can apply for a loan, can you help get a deal that will make me qualify for a loan?
176. Victor on 8/4/2010 9:41:15 AM
I am at Dar es salaam in Tanzania, i am really interested in trucking business but i dont know how to be smart in that business.
177. Dante on 8/5/2010 8:49:13 AM
I am looking to start a trucking company with my partner and I need to know about financing and start up costs in atlanta ga
178. sandile Hadebe on 8/10/2010 4:07:17 AM
I want to start a trucking business but I don't have experience. I already have CC certificate.
179. Davis Freeman on 8/10/2010 1:28:48 PM
I have 25 years in the trucking industry. 23 years of driving & owning my own trucks. For the people that would like to start a transportation business, if you are willing to pay for some help to understanding the industry and how you envision your position with in it. I am willing to help the person that is dedicated to seeing their dream come true. I have developed & patented some product for the tucking/shipping industry. visit at www.cargopillow.com all contact n 4 is on web site. see yaaa....
180. Chris on 8/12/2010 2:46:01 PM
I have a 5-tonner and a 8-tonner. I am interested in starting my own transporting business, serving the Freestate, Northern Cape and the Eastern Cape and to develop from there. If anyone could give me a few pointers on starting out i would be grateful.
181. Mitchell Transportation Group on 8/14/2010 9:05:15 AM
North of Port Dover Ontario Canada 13 km's. I haul Bulk Potable (Drinking) Water, Relocate Property (no dangerous goods) Relocate Locally or elsewhere in Canada or Regional, Junk Removal, Always 20% off with 2 Written Quotes from 2 other companies. Delivery & Freight, Snow Removal, Driver Rental & Truck Rental. Website up and running soon.
182. Mandla Shongwe on 8/18/2010 7:00:22 AM
Direct contract available from the mine immediately. If you are interested in a direct contract, there are about 44 slots for 34 ton side tippers available. The contract is direct. As the trucks have already been secured, this contract can only be accessed via the the contract holder. It is on sale. The rate is R92 per ton(231km round trip, and it is a five year contract). Phone me on 076 569 5889 or e-mail me on: mandlashongwe22000Yahoo.com.
183. Emmanuel Modisane on 8/18/2010 8:17:57 AM
I've set aside some investment to start a trucking business, mainly for side tippers and have been running around seeking information before throwing in the little money i have into this long desired business venture. The business is registered and ready to negotiate a contract. Can somebody help me with linkages and info. I'm based in North west Province, Rustenburg but willing to travel any where around the Southern African Region. RSA. My contacts are: 074 219 7373 or email:info@naturetravellers.co.za
184. THATO MAUNGWA on 8/21/2010 4:05:18 PM
I would like to start a trucking company, my intention was to start it small with at least two tipper truck and try grow the business. i am a very ambitious young man aged 21 living in Botswana in Southern African Region. i would be grateful if i could get a few tips on how to start and operate the business because i was looking at applying for a loan but i am still not sure if the risk will be worth it. my contacts are +267 74136771 and my email address is thatomaungwa@yahoo.com
185. Anne Schanne on 8/23/2010 11:08:15 AM
I am beginning a small minority owned trucking business, 1-2 tractor haul trailer trucks. I would like to base it out of Florida but operate in Virginia. Most of the truck hauling will be done in Virginia, however, occasional hauling will be done to other states. Please guide me as to how I need to run this operation. Also, info about permits, tags and other would be most helpful. My contact information is 727-947-3717 or aschanne@tampabay.rr.com. Thank you!
186. Xolani on 8/23/2010 11:44:31 AM
I would like to know how start a small trucking business?
187. kfaz on 8/24/2010 10:26:05 PM
What are the necessary things to know to be successful in a start up commercial trucking business. Thanks.
188. kfaz on 8/24/2010 10:52:44 PM
What the best goods to haul, i mean the goods that have a really large customer base?
189. Robert Bos on 8/25/2010 11:33:35 AM
I have been a truck driver for 17 years now and would like to buy my own truck and get my own authority, is there any grants available to help me do this? Any info you can get to me would be great.
190. Investor on 8/25/2010 1:56:34 PM
I am looking for someone with a CDL and atleast 3 years of experience who wants to get a truck and start their own business. I will be the investor and will provide the down payment. Get to me at 9782937145
191. Mastermind on 8/26/2010 5:08:45 AM
my name is Master Dludlu, we have a five year contract for anyone who wishes to get into a trucking Business,we are based in Gauteng province (South Africa), you must be able to afford to buy a SKIP LOADER truck,no CHANCERS PLEASE....! contact me on:+27(0)76 052 1969,email.info@corerecycling.co.za
192. mochina on 8/26/2010 9:01:02 AM
hi i'm Black male in the free state and looking to partner with an already existing truck owner so that i can get contracts. or if any one can help me to start my own business. in am in Bloemfontein
193. Nelia Otto on 8/31/2010 7:07:14 AM
Hi, I would like to start my own trucking business together with my father-inlaw. I attended quite a few seminars in connection with transport and decided that this is what I want to do. I gained experience working with a transport company (transporting people), but I want to go into the industry of transporting goods. My fatherinlaw has good knowledge in the mechanical side of a vehicle. I need investor to help me buy the necessary vehicles. Contact me on email.cornelia.otto@vodamail.co.za
194. Vince on 9/5/2010 5:27:04 PM
Hi i would like to start a trucking business which specialize in transportation of coal in Mpumalanga Province. How can i get a contract from a coal mine or a power station to transport coal. I dont have any trucks to my disposal and i need advise as to how can i get a truck if a get a contract. This is urgent any advise will be much appreciated... Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
195. Sthembile on 9/6/2010 5:56:49 AM
Hello. My friends and I would like specialise in transportation by means of having trucks. The funds do not seem to be problem at the moment. What we want to know is that where do we start now. Some of us work at the manufacturing and distribution companies so will that be an advantage to us in terms of getting clients? We are based in South Africa and at the moment we haven't decided on the location. Please help A..S..A..P Thanks
196. thandi on 9/6/2010 9:45:42 AM
Good day all, I would like to start my own trucking business one, transportation of goods to be specific, now because I need to get information pertaining to trucking I would like work in a trucking environment which will enable me to get exposure into this industry. Any company one can suggest to learn the ropes before embarking on a one man business. Your responses will be much welcomed.
197. kenneth S on 9/7/2010 7:22:36 AM
hi im from johannesburg, gauteng, south africa.i would like to find as to how do i go about checking if the company that i have a contract with or the that is a broker between me and the the company i'm transporting goods for is legitimate. i would appreciate it if you were to get back to me as soon as possible, because i need to make a decision fast.
198. Master-mind on 9/8/2010 1:33:23 PM
this massage is for no 207 ,how can a non legit company give one a contract, all that matters is that, can that company pay you, as agreed on a contract, furthermore can people stop asking the same question over and over again, cos the first step in starting a truck business is to know your credit status either you can afford to buy a truck or not or if you have saved enough money to buy a truck, you then propose to companies that may agree to offer you a contract.

ALSO YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A BUSINESS PERSON TO BUY A TRUCK, COS THE COMPANY THAT USES YOUR TRUCK IS A BUSINESS AND YOU ARE THE TRUCK OWNER, THAT'S ALL ARE THE TRUCK OWNER.

if you want to be a business person you start a services company which means you gonna either give contracts to truck owners, or you buy your own truck and service your client or you transport your own product to your clients or where-ever the product has to delivered to, most of the transport companies do not own those trucks or bakkies, but they offer contract to those people who afford to buy a truck or bakkie, that means they give contract to those that afford to buy those Vehicles, so the one who bought the truck nor bakkie remains the owner not the business person, you guys draft business plan so you will understand how to start a business you do not start a business because you have money but because you are business minded or well prepared, you do not need money to start a business but brain, perseverance and commitment, i started my FIRST business when i did not have even R5.00,BUT I DID IT to date i got two businesses.
199. kubu on 9/8/2010 6:24:50 PM
Hi! I'm new to all this but well interested in investing in a truck(owner). If you could advice on how to start, securing a long term contract and the minimum amount needed to start? asap, your help would be much appreciated.
200. Terry Matthews on 9/8/2010 9:00:39 PM
I have spent some time researching the trucking industry. And I see where it could be great source of revenue. I know quite a few individuals with trucks. Some do really well, most just seem to do the equivalent of working paycheck to paycheck. Both sides tell me it is a struggle. In truth I don't know anything that isn't. But seriously, starting with one truck, what would be the pit-falls to watch for? And what is the life spend of success in this industry?
Name:
Email:
Comment:
6 X 2 =

Small Business Articles