How to Start a Shoe Business

Do you want to start a profitable business and make money? Have you ever thought about a Shoe business? Do you know everyone needs at least one shoe so demand never goes down? In general the profit margins are high in shoe business. Why not learn more on shoe business?

Everybody wears shoes. Girls even love collecting them so why not start a shoe business if you look at the prospect of engaging in a retail business? While a shoe business can require considerable start up cost from you, the shoes business can be very profitable.

shoe store

Here are some of the things that you will find interesting to know if you plan on starting a shoe business:

Where to Buy Shoes

You will need to look for wholesalers of shoes if you want to start a shoes business. The internet has a large database of shoe wholesalers but it is important that you verify the credibility of the wholesalers you are dealing with. It is also best to get quotation from a number of shoe vendors so you will be able to know where it is best and cheapest to buy shoes that you will sell.

Low End Shoes or High End Shoes?

When starting a shoes business, you will find it valuable to determine who your target market will be. This will allow you to determine what type of shoes you are going to sell. You can sell low end shoes, high end shoes or both depending on what type of clients you expect to patronize your shoe company. Nevertheless, you will find it notable to know that you will be able to sell to more people if you sell low end shoes. Your shoe store business start up capital will also determine what type of shoes your will be able to sell.

Marketing and Selling

Selling shoes these days is no longer limited to opening a brick and mortar shoe business store. Many shoe business operators have realized that selling their items in the internet through eBay and through their shoe market business websites can be very profitable. You just need to have a secure payment system and a delivery service provider that you can rely on. You can provide a catalogue of the shoe products that you sell in your website so it will be easier for your clients to choose from the shoes that you sell. While an online presence for your shoe business can help boost your sales, it is still important that you acknowledge the importance of a brick and mortar shoe market business outlet because this is where you can display your products and sell directly to your customers. It is important that you choose a location where people can easily see and purchase your shoe store business products. Setting up a shoe outlet in a mall or in similar high traffic areas would be a great idea.

FAQs

Q. Best place for opening a shoe retail store?
A. Here are some tips on selecting the location for a shoe shop
- Is there enough traffic? Traffic next to a theatre might be ample but not ideal for a shoe store. Best location will be a mall, where people are already in a buying mood.
- Lookout for the existing shoe store and what is the requirement in the locality.
- Your store requires enough space for showing your items.
- Parking space is very important; people might not like to shop at if they have trouble in parking.

Q. How to increase the sales of a shoe store?
A. You can increase your sales by advertising, marketing, handing out coupons, promotional offers, increasing your inventory, meeting the public’s requirement, improving customer relation, etc.

• Buying Shoes in Wholesale
    How to buy shoes wholesale is a very interesting one to know in order for you to ascertain the success of your small shoe store business.
  • Starting a Shoe Design Business
    Starting a shoe design business is all about your skill in business and your talent in designing. Through this article, your knowledge will widen when it comes to shoe designing.

• 1. filipa mafoa said on 7/10/2008
    Hi my sister and I have been thinking about this shoe business for a while. We have a lot of good ideas and different kinds of designs that we know will sell. What can be the first step for us?
  • 2. kay q said on 9/1/2008
    i am interested in starting a shoe business. i have all my designs ready but i can not find someone to actually make a sample. where could i go?
  • 3. Admin said on 9/1/2008
    kay q
    You need to be more specific on your inquiry. Is that you are interested to start a shoe store or a manufacturing business? How big is your plan? Tell us more about your plan so that we can help you in starting it asap.
  • 4. L Chereace said on 9/2/2008
    I am interested in opening a specialty shoe store catering to modern women who need extended sizes and widths. How difficult is this to do? How do you recommend I start this process?
  • 5. b johnson said on 9/15/2008
    I want to sell high end shoes for women, men and children how do i get started?
  • 6. Elva Wiggins said on 11/6/2008
    i want to start a ladies shoe business with matching accessories, but i need capital.
  • 7. R Diesel said on 11/6/2008
    i have a great idea for child's houseshoe (slippers). i need a real good prototype to be made, how do i go, so nobody steal my design?
  • 8. singledad said on 12/1/2008
    I sale lady shoes for commission and would like to start my own business as I have been in the business for 2 years and ready to face the challenges. Need more information to get started. thank you
  • 9. queet said on 12/30/2008
    I have started my business plan (manufacturing) though I am getting stuck on determining the startup costs. Do I start with the regular business info (legal, logo, etc) or do I add (patterns, samples, etc in the startup costs as well).
  • 10. Yoland Stephanie Davis said on 1/8/2009 10:42:54 AM
    I will like to start a shoe business selling women and children shoes. How do I go about getting started? What are the steps I must take, to get my business up and running?
  • 11. Dave Tony said on 1/14/2009 11:00:16 AM
    I am interested in starting a specialty running store. how do you go about purchasing adidas, nike, etc...? what is the markup percentage typically? For a medium size shoe store, how much sq. ft is needed? what is a good number for marketing costs?
  • 12. Marina beginner adviser said on 1/27/2009 2:23:32 PM
    Hi, I have already started a women's shoe business, I do all my buying in Milan Italy, every year they have a big shoe event, where all the top name shoe manufactures go and sell only to business owners. All I have to say it's a very competitive business,so you have to make sure you do your home work and have lots of cash.Good luck. Anybody want to buy my stock. Anyone interested please email me @ shoe.essence@rogers.com

shoe.essence@rogers.com || Shoe Business Consultant

• 13. rosalie Cooper said on 2/23/2009 10:50:23 AM
    My daughter and I want to start a wholesale shoe company with our own designs. Can you tell me what the purchasing terms are when a boutique buys from a manufacturer.
  • 14. Aideen said on 2/28/2009 7:39:21 AM
    Hi, i am currently developing a revolutionary shoe with a removable heel. I have all my designs ready but i'm having trouble finding a manufacturer as I want to outsource everything apart from the design aspect of the business. I am also having trouble estimating start up costs for this kind of project. I already have outlets interested. Where do i go from here?
  • 15. Samantha said on 3/10/2009 7:06:58 PM
    I am working on my business plan for a shoe boutique. How do I calculate profit margins?
  • 16. CJ said on 3/19/2009 2:15:02 PM
    Hey whats up to all the shoe fans. I'm in to shoes to and my companies name might be C-SHOE email me and maybe i can hook you up in my BIZ hateall.slipknot@yahoo.com
  • 17. Wai said on 3/23/2009 9:27:38 PM
    I am currently working on a concept footwear boutique, selling high-end shoes with my own designs. However I am at a block looking for supplier or manufacturer.
  • 18. Philip said on 4/2/2009 8:05:14 PM
    I am a producer of low volume footwear. I am looking for people that have designs they want manufactured in small volumes or prototyped. Can you help? Philip461@gmail.com Thanks.
  • 19. Howard wood said on 4/6/2009 12:45:24 PM
    I really want to start a shoe business, I just don't know where to start, or how to get funding for start up. can you help me?
  • 20. james roland said on 4/16/2009 11:55:45 PM
    how do i find a vendor, i want to buy air jordans and nikes from China. Even the good quality knock offs.
  • 21. TM said on 4/29/2009 1:04:43 PM
    Hi, I am interested in opening a high end shoe boutique. I would like advice on first steps. Thanks
  • 22. pamela said on 4/29/2009 5:46:48 PM
    Hello and Help! I have saved about 20k and would like to start a shoe business, but is that amount enough???
  • 23. Toussef said on 5/6/2009 5:53:59 AM
    I am a 23 year old Male and have lots of connections where I can get low end shoes ... but my problem is that I gonna start of at home with this business I hope it will work.
  • 24. jerald m said on 5/28/2009 8:20:48 PM
    I have been trying to find someone who can make a prototype for my shoe line. Does anybody know someone?
  • 25. IRIRASUM said on 6/9/2009 1:33:43 PM
    I deeply want to start a shoe business but know where to start but my problem is to finance the whole process. i have created the designs that are very much parallel with today but equals tomorrow. does anyone knows what i should do next. contact me @irirasum@yahoo.com
  • 26. Aman Puri said on 6/28/2009 3:12:28 AM
    Hi, can anyone guide me where i can search for decor and equipment or stores specifically designed for shoe stores? to include displays, carousels, counters, seating couches etc etc? please help
  • 27. nyasha beginner adviser said on 7/12/2009 9:59:47 AM
    Dear Everyone, Its nice to know there is someone out there who shares the same dreams as you have. Well, I am a WHOLESALE SUPPLIER OF WOMEN SHOES, a Shoeaholic, I can spot a new trend from a far.

Please feel free to check out our picasaweb album for samples. Picasaweb is updated weekly, so you might want to check back more often to view new styles. As we are preparing to go in winter. I have the latest styles for BOOTS in fashion this season. I will be updating that as well. Just copy and paste the below link into your browser and start enjoying. http://picasaweb.google.com/nyashaelegantstyles I am in the middle of working on my website, which I will give you the name later on in a few weeks.

Keep in touch, and we will share ideas. email: elegantstyles@ymail.com In your subject line put: start up business or something like that, so that I will quickly know its from a person on this site. I wouldn't want to mix it with business emails or think its junk. Thank you, Nyasha

elegantstyles@ymail.com || Shoe Business Adviser

• 28. Connor .N. said on 7/13/2009 8:49:12 PM
    Hey, I have been making shoes (painting them) for about a year now. I have many ideas for shoes. But I don't have the money. How could I get now???
  • 29. Tori beginner adviser said on 7/18/2009 7:58:51 AM
    Hi there, I am a business consultant that develops business plans and all aspects of the market research my rates are reasonable, and I have a team of knowledgeable people on my team contact me at Odunsit@gmail.com. my rates are starting at $1500

Odunsit@gmail.com || Footwear Consultant

• 30. Toni said on 7/20/2009 10:20:20 AM
    I would like to open a Bare feet shoe store in the city where I live, there are none here that I know of. How can I get the info on this franchise. I have searched the internet but can't find anything.
  • 31. Tim said on 7/25/2009 10:32:08 AM
    Hi, how do i find wholesale stores that would give me the shoes, clothes i need because i cant find anything in internet. and i want to sell like some what of a jordan brand store but also, some other things, can you help me out please? thanks, Tim
  • 32. Renjie beginner adviser said on 8/16/2009 3:30:05 PM
    Hi All, I just came back from China. I visited many relatives and friends in China that are in shoes making business. If you have designs and are interested in having them made, I can hook you up with the Chinese manufactures in China. renjie@eden.rutgers.edu

renjie@eden.rutgers.edu || Shoe Business Adviser

• 33. Nia said on 8/22/2009 9:52:38 PM
    I am trying to start up a shoe company! My issue is finding a shoemaker/manufacturer to make a sample of my original design. Please help. I would prefer for my shoes to be hand made. Thanx npdees@yahoo.com
  • 34. Pat Barber said on 8/31/2009 10:21:12 AM
    How do you choose manufacturers to make your shoes? I'm thinking of going to Mexico to look at them. What should I be looking for? Also, what would start up costs be on a business like this?
  • 35. Anne said on 9/1/2009 3:52:33 AM
    Hi guys, i export high end shoes to all over the world, all are made in leather, you can choose from our designs, or we also can make you guys design or brand, welcome to send email to me: shoesexporter@yahoo.com
  • 36. Aayush Rohatgi said on 9/14/2009 3:40:24 AM
    Hi, I am aayush Rohatgi from AGRA. currently I am pursuing MBA 4th sem Rai business school in delhi campus. with marketing and finance specialization. I have experienced with 2 years of shoe designing line. My contact num is this 9999464679, 9555696824, 9871521909
  • 37. Sylvia Sanchez said on 9/21/2009 4:03:51 PM
    Would like to start up a Shoe Boutique in San Jose, CA. What is the next step once you have your location, and Ideas.
  • 38. mrs. robinson said on 9/24/2009 10:27:27 AM
    My idea is to start my own shoe line, this line will consist of young women boots particular boots for young women aging from 17 to 30. These designs are like no other, they are stylish, fashionable and of course trendy. The idea of this line is to bring creativity, uniqueness, and individuality to the fashion world. Can you help?
  • 39. frank beginner adviser said on 9/25/2009 9:24:56 AM
    hello guys. we are shoes supports. if you want to buy all kinds of shoes you can contact me (china-wholesale2008@hotmail.com), we can provide best service to you, for high quality + low price + more gift and so on, we do long business. if you have any problem you can tell, you can also add my MSN:china-wholesale2008@hotmail.com

china-wholesale2008@hotmail.com || Footwear Business Consultant

• 40. Tony said on 10/2/2009 11:51:09 PM
    I want to start shoe business but need money. My idea is to start my own shoe business of for young women from fashionable and of course trendy. The idea of this fashion world. Can you help?
  • 41. Ashish Sharma said on 10/5/2009 5:02:26 PM
    Hi All, I want to start a retail shop for ladies sandals, slippers and sneakers. Need help, looking for a good Wholesale provider. My budget is not too high. Wants to provide some good designs on cheap and best rates. Please advice. ASAP.
  • 42. nyasha beginner adviser said on 10/10/2009 7:11:03 AM
    Ashish Sharma, How are you. Contact me for more information. I have been in the shoe business for a year now and its going on so well. I sell shoes here in america and oversees. I travel to china regularly so I stay on top of the business. You can get a sample of some shoes I offer at www.elegantstyles.webs.com

The prices are not wholesale on that site, but I have wholesale prices, they range from $8/pair - as much as $16, depending with the style, and the number of pairs in each carton., usually its 12 pairs or 18 pairs. my email ad is elegantstyles@ymail.com. I hope to be doing business with you. Thanks. Nyasha

elegantstyles@ymail.com || Shoe Business Adviser

• 43. Mr Usman said on 10/14/2009 1:53:59 PM
    Need wholesaler who can provide good shoes. Minimum cost. Mainly ladies line. raafi.shaafi@gmail.com
  • 44. SABRINA said on 10/14/2009 3:14:06 PM
    I AM LOOKING FOR A WHOLESALE THAT WOULD SUPPLY ME WITH WOMEN'S SHOES SIZES FROM 10-13. I AM LOOKING TO START MY OWN SHOE BUSINESS.
  • 45. Grace said on 10/18/2009 1:31:06 AM
    How and where can i source for durable shoes, in all sizes for men, women and children, at minimum cost. Appreciate your advice, ASAP. Thanks
  • 46. Johan said on 10/24/2009 2:20:42 AM
    I like to start shoe business starting from lady shoes between 18 and 30. the design are luxury, unique and creativity. Starting with small budget of financial plan. Please advise as soon as possible, Thanks, Email: Johanhartono@gmail.com
  • 47. Beverly said on 10/25/2009 10:43:42 AM
    I would like to start a store specializing in women's boots with different calf widths. How do I find a manufacturer (preferably North American) that can either make patterns based on my designs, or alter their own designs and do small run manufacturing?
  • 48. SOLOMON THOMAS said on 10/28/2009 3:26:36 PM
    I would like to know if someone could give me some advice on how to get a shoe line. I would really appreciate good advice and expertise. THANKS
  • 49. Dorothy Lorenz said on 11/16/2009 8:06:29 PM
    Hi, i am looking for a wholesale that will supply me with quality fashion shoes for all in all sizes in small quantity. it will be a home based business for the start. Please reply asap. thanks.
  • 50. Balazs said on 11/26/2009 7:30:14 AM
    United kingdom, London. Hi, I want to open a shoe shop in London, I just don't know where to start or how to get funding for start up. Can you help me
  • 51. Carlton Foster said on 11/27/2009 12:24:46 AM
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Hi, I live in an area where we experience harsh winter, at times very icy and slippery. I want to start a shoes/boots manufacture/retail company. I have an excellent idea for a winterize safety footwear; the emphasis is on the safety aspect which will greatly benefit everyone especially seniors. Does anyone know of a company that will make a prototype for me based on my design? Thank you God bless!
  • 52. T M Boxley said on 12/1/2009 2:52:33 PM
    Hi, I have an outlet in Moorhead, MN 56560. How would i promote and make more money from it?
  • 53. Andrey said on 12/2/2009 4:31:27 PM
    I'm a GM of the new online store of shoes in Russia. Interested in good suppliers from Europe. fast delivery, good price, interesting brands. Lets do business together. Russia is a big market with a thousands of opportunities. Please contact me. sorry my email is and82@me.com
  • 54. Enrique Vittore beginner adviser said on 12/22/2009 4:16:03 PM
    I live in Brazil and i'm a shoe modelist, i'm looking for an opportunity to use my 28 years experience in shoe business, I can find factories with good products and develop over their own products reducing in this way the cost of expensive developments together with less time delivery with good prices.. Regrds, Enrique, 555196434108

evittore@globo.com || Shoe Business Consultant

• 55. Doctor Emirich said on 1/3/2010 9:24:12 AM
    I am living in Africa in Namibia at a town called Tsumeb. I would like to open a shoe business in my town by selling shoes and repair it. Where can i get the shoes and accessories to repair. Would you please assist me, the shipment and all the requirements.
  • 56. Kogie said on 1/4/2010 6:15:23 AM
    I am living in South Africa, KZn and very excited about starting a shoe boutique which fashionable clothing as well & which includes accessories. The only problem is that it has been a dream for so long and actually don't know how to get started. I also need capital to finance my business. What can I do ?
  • 57. Brenda Lee said on 1/4/2010 2:32:56 PM
    Id like to start a shoe boutique with accessories for ladies ages 18-up. But i dont know how to start or how much money to start with. could you please help or give me advice? I'm located in Mcallen, TX USA. Thanks
  • 58. Shon said on 1/5/2010 7:38:58 PM
    Hello my name is Shon and I like to start a On-line Women's shoe boutique. I really don't know where to start and any type of advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm located in Virginia....thanks!
  • 59. Tally said on 1/12/2010 11:07:56 PM
    Hi, I am a Shoe Manufacturer & Exporter from India. I also design as per the Trend & Fashion requirements. I have expertise in "Hush Puppies" & other formal designs. Do let me know in case of any Manufacturing or Export of Shoes any where in world. QUALITY GUARANTEED. MUMBAI-INDIA.....THANKS
  • 60. Ganesh kumar said on 1/14/2010 9:23:08 AM
    Hi, I want to start a shoe company, can u please tell me the requirements of industry.
  • 61. Ian S said on 1/14/2010 1:36:35 PM
    Hi, My wife and I are interested in starting up a Shoe business. We have found a really good location but need your expertise in start-up and business needs. Any information would be helpful, Thanks.
  • 62. Manager said on 1/15/2010 9:10:23 PM
    Hello All, We are looking for all shoe brands suppliers starting from India, USA at this moment and rest of the world follows later. contact us at info@BigShoeMall.com, Thanks, Sr. Manager
  • 63. Nyda said on 1/16/2010 1:09:24 AM
    Hi, I'd like to start a shoe and boutique shop in Malaysia and sell shoe from internet. i've got shoe maker also, but I don't know how to open. Please advice.
  • 64. jack said on 1/17/2010 11:59:10 AM
    Hi. I'm interested to start up a shoe company. Target audience: young adult. Thinking of doing an online boutique catering only for the country I'm living in. If I like to design my shoes, may I know where can I find a manufacture to help me make the shoes? Any information will be greatly appreciated!
  • 65. Unhappy trader said on 1/18/2010 8:43:39 PM
    I have been trying for months to find a manufacturer to my companies ladies footwear designs. It has got to the point where I am contacting manufacturers in China and India because I can find them there in abundance. I have been talking with an agent who can visit the companies I am interested in trading with to vet there establishments but I am unhappy because I did not want to take my business out of the country but it seems like I have no choice. Can any body give me any information as to reputable companies here in the USA that can manufacture my designs. this is my last attempt.
  • 66. Sabrina said on 1/21/2010 4:51:55 PM
    I want to start a shoe business focusing on wide width shoes. However, I have no artistic talent and don't wish to design them, just want to have them made and sold. Any suggestions on how I can get started.
  • 67. Regina Jones said on 1/29/2010 2:50:15 PM
    I really want to start a shoe store. But need help in finding the resources to get started. Where do i start at? Can you help me with this.
  • 68. Nilesh Aubeelauck beginner adviser said on 1/31/2010 12:03:01 AM
    Malaysia is the best country you can get affordable shoes whether men's or women's designer's high quality model @ affordable price better than chinese footwear. Price starts @ US $ 3.00 if bought in bulk.. really amazing country with lot of business potential. Regards, Nilesh from Mauritius.

coolnilou@yahoo.com || Shoes Exporter

• 69. Nilesh Aubeelauck beginner adviser said on 1/31/2010 12:08:25 AM
    to UNHAPPY TRADER, visit Alibaba.com site to get manufacturers websites in India, china, pakistan etc. If you want to manufacture genuine leather products, i would counsel you to consider India, been there thrice to make business and was amazed to see genuine leather high quality products sold at scrap prices.. gave my jeans as model, they the model, made a leather pant for me which i got in US 75.00$... bought shoes @ 15$, pure leather..

coolnilou@yahoo.com || Shoes Exporter

• 70. Dee said on 2/1/2010 6:37:35 AM
    Hi There, I am based in London, uk and I would like to start an online shoe boutique for women ages18-50. Initially, the idea i had in short, was to make flat shoes with matching accessories but then i havent got much experience in the field so i thought to go into drop shipping and have a fuel of the industry and start my idea. i am in the process of making my website but i havent got any suppliers. now this is where i'm stock. could you help? please! many thanks in advance.
  • 71. Scott said on 2/1/2010 10:57:56 PM
    I have all the contacts, the capital, and connections to import shoes anywhere in the world. I mainly focus on children dress shoes and sandals, for both boys and girls. I'm looking to expand my business, sell to large department chains and stores around the world. 90 percent of my sales are in the US, but I would like some ideas on meeting the right people in other parts of the world. Always looking for ideas to expand. Have the resources to do so. I want to hear some thoughts? Please email me: theworldofshoes@yahoo.com
  • 72. Brigitte Johnson said on 2/3/2010 9:26:15 PM
    I am looking to start my own shoe business. Selling shoes for men and women and children. Where do I start to order my shoes from. High end specialty. Help.
  • 73. rao said on 2/5/2010 2:28:56 AM
    hi i want to start a shoe manufacturing company, in india from where to start and where i can get raw material and other equipments, if possible get me know.
  • 74. Glenda said on 2/15/2010 7:09:10 AM
    Hi...I have been wanting to start a shoe business (design, manufacture, and sell) for quite some time and have finally decided to pursue my passion in this industry. I have a general idea of the shoes I want to have manufactured and the demographic I want to cater to.. Where can I go (or what company do I contact) to assist me with designing and manufacturing women's casual and dressy shoes? Can anyone give me some advise? Please email me at dogi808@msn.com
  • 75. Kimberly Taylor said on 2/16/2010 11:23:02 PM
    Memphis, TN USA. I'm looking to start a women shoe boutique and maybe accessories. I need to know how do i go about finding wholesale vendors? I want to cater to every woman...from low value to high end shoes. please email me if you have any more information.
  • 76. Mary said on 2/18/2010 5:02:04 PM
    Need help in start up capital for shoe/clothing business. Targets are teens/misses/women.(low to moderate pricing. Personal credit is bad due to economy, job loss... Really need financial help. I have found merchandise and would like to sample the quality.
  • 77. Katerina said on 2/22/2010 11:20:43 PM
    Hi, i'm very interested in creating a high end shoe line targeted towards the 20-something female. I have some ideas already but i'm not sure how to get them into production.
  • 78. Bakang said on 2/25/2010 1:25:45 AM
    Hi, i have a small shoe shop located in a city mall but the shop its a little bit hidden so business is low but i still feel the shop has potential but still need tips on how to market it and add more products to boost it, what can you advise
  • 79. anna said on 2/25/2010 9:04:27 PM
    shoe designer, exceptional, need to find a manufacturer to make prototypes then produce. thanks in advance for any suggestions
  • 80. Monica said on 2/25/2010 9:49:54 PM
    I'm from sydney australia, i have high heel shoe designs and i'm looking to start my own business online selling heels, seeking a manufacturer preferably from china to create my high heel shoes i will be traveling to china in may 2010 to discuss and meet manufacturers in Gaungzhou, Hong kong quangdong, manufacturers please contact me on MXLee@cs.aussie.com.au
  • 81. randall causey said on 2/27/2010 11:56:14 AM
    I live in the city of, Gary, State, Indiana, Country!....America. Yes! i want to start my own shoe company, But i would like to find a good manufacturer & Distribution company to joint partner venture with. I have created a line of men & Womens shoes in blue-print and Artistic merit, But now i need a company to help! me develop the shoe physically. Any suggestions.
  • 82. Nalicia said on 3/2/2010 3:27:09 AM
    I am researching the shoe business. I would love to open up a shoe boutique in St.Louis MO. Naturally I have a lot to research such as target audience and location etc.
  • 83. Anthony Saldana said on 3/5/2010 4:05:25 AM
    I want to start a shoe business in Hermosa Beach, CA, USA, please help me. Thank you...
  • 84. Chandris Pledger said on 3/10/2010 11:30:56 AM
    I want to start my own shoe line. I am not sure where to start. I need a supplier or manufacturer. I plan to start online, or small boutique in Atlanta, Ga, hopefully in the Midtown area. Thanks
  • 85. Screamin' Stephen said on 3/11/2010 10:27:09 AM
    Long Valley, New Jersey. I'm a shoe guy, enjoyed finding this article and the posts attached to it. Hope to shoot the bull with a few people here, seems a few might be looking for a bit of free association also.
  • 86. Anne said on 3/14/2010 8:14:56 AM
    Hi, i exported high end shoes and also can make according to your design, if you are looking for the supplier of your shoes at the moment, welcome to send your inquiry to me at any time, my email is : shoesexporter@yahoo.com
  • 87. dennis fuller said on 3/14/2010 10:11:46 PM
    I WOULD LIKE TO FIND SOME ONE TO MAKE MY BRAND OF SHOE I HAVE A SKETCH BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START. MY COMPANY IS LOCATED IN WASHINGTON DC, SONEECHI LLC. 607 HARVARD ST NW WASHINGTON DC 20019 I CAN BE CONTACTED BY EMAIL OR BY PHONE THANK YOU .202-202-4099058
  • 88. rajika kapoor beginner adviser said on 3/15/2010 6:55:54 PM
    Hi, We introduce ourselves as manufacturers and suppliers of quality women footwear. We have been in the business for more than 15 years and our customer base is spread in Scandinavia, Italy, The Netherlands, France and Poland. If you would like us to develop a product for you, all that we would need is a sketch, last or a shoes subsequent to that the order quantity would be your choice. If you are looking for a supplier of your shoes, please free to contact us. email: rajika.kapoor@gmail.com, tuffshoes1@gmail.com

rajika.kapoor@gmail.com || Shoe Business Adviser

• 89. shoekrazy said on 3/27/2010 6:34:01 PM
    I am looking to start a shoe boutique in the upstate ny area. I am trying to find trendy, vintage shoes and boots for women ages 18&up. And will soon like to design my own shoe. If any suggestions feel free to email me lalarkin2007@gmail.com
  • 90. Heavenlyfeet said on 3/31/2010 9:50:38 PM
    I am very interested in opening a shoe store in Dallas, GA. I work for a major retailer and i know there is a need for wide shoes and shoes for men and women with larger feet. If you are able to help me seek out a wholesaler and the best possible way I can get my dream of a shoe store a reality I would be delighted and thankful. God Bless, Monte. mdouthit@hotmail.com
  • 91. Vivacious Feet said on 4/7/2010 7:35:23 AM
    I want to start a small shoe business for women with large feet sizes 10 to 13. Can you give me advise on the cost to get started.
  • 92. bernice Mosby said on 4/8/2010 6:14:26 AM
    currently in washington d.c where i play professional basketball for wnba, i am just returning from Milano Italy where i also play. I wanted to start a shoes designing line because i know a lot of women with large feet and we are tired of buying grandma shoes, I feel that taller women or women with big feet want to feel beautiful also. I want to cater to women with large feet. I dont know how to get started or who to trust. I have the money to start i just dont know how. It will be low end and high end shoes. I have professional athletes and friends telling me to do it. I've lived in paris, Greece, and Italy and have meet some wonderful people now i'm ready to start my own business in the shoe department..i just dont know how to start
  • 93. cleave said on 4/11/2010 8:27:15 PM
    i'm going to start a shoe store that caters to the hip-hop and alternative generation old and young. i'm going to have american influences and international influences taken into mind when purchasing for my shoe store. i have the perfect location. i have great customer service skill and a bosses mind, very creative and a mild trendsetter mostly when it comes to urban hip-hop fashion. i have managed a shoe store. i'm currently an asst. manager at a pawn shop. Known as a good person in my community. the only problem is that i am not a risk taker, i don't have the money or time to lose if this didn't work. but i am almost positive that this will work for me and my family. i need help on taking the proper step to win. oh! i also want to customize shoe and find limited edition shoe where ever they may be. help me god to fulfill my dreams...in christ name...always setting back watch other people win at life. i know its possible for me too
  • 94. apg said on 4/12/2010 8:22:53 AM
    hi, i want to set up footwear business that is i want to manufacture all kind of foot wear for all that is (for men, women as well as for children). i need your help in order to know what could be the average startup cost(excluding land)to start? and how can i contact already settled industries to get contract from them? what are other requirements? i hope to see reply as soon as possible and preferably on my e-mail id.....
  • 95. malie said on 4/15/2010 8:30:04 PM
    Hello, I deeply want to start a low end shoe boutique store but my main issue and getting the capital. I have done a great deal of homework and I already know where and what is needed. Just need to know how I would go about getting the capital without too much of a high risk. please inform me @ maliejo@live.com
  • 96. rene said on 4/20/2010 4:12:03 PM
    hello does anyone know how to get stores to carry a new shoe line? What are some tips for making a deal with retail stores?
  • 97. Jason Wilewski said on 4/26/2010 3:37:21 PM
    I want to open a store in the Chicagoland area. I want to sell high end shoes (Prada ect) and Basketball shoes (old school pumps etc) I am not looking to open up a big store. What other stores might be like the one I am trying to open up?
  • 98. Pippa Jane said on 5/3/2010 2:47:48 AM
    Durban South Africa, I would like to start a woman's shoe/sandal business, supplying unique shoes to local galleries and boutiques to start. How do i go about finding a manufacturer and maybe utilizing the community women to make them?
  • 99. gina said on 5/6/2010 7:42:40 AM
    I want to open a store in New York area. How can i start and find wholesalers of high end shoes. my email yvegeny4@gmail.com
  • 100. Islamiyyat said on 5/6/2010 10:08:52 AM
    I am Islamiyyat from Ibadan Nigeria. am new I want to start buying online for different of ladies wears and shoes like slippers and sandal, want it at cheap price. I need help on how to find a wholesaler that can supply. Islamkhan09@yahoo.com pls let me know how.
  • 101. Kisha said on 5/9/2010 12:32:09 PM
    I am looking for some assistance an useful information on how to start a boot line. I want shoes to be apart of my project but i want to focus on classy and stylish boots. I want to specialize in large sizes from 9-14 with of course all other smaller sizes included. I want to offer wide widths as well. I have design ideas but thought i would get my feet wet by working with a wholesaler. What advice could you give me as to the beginning steps i need to take. Thanks in advance for your help. GOD BLESS.
  • 102. thomas said on 5/10/2010 9:37:40 PM
    I am strongly considering opening a shoe store in my town. We do not have a shoe store and you have to drive at least a half hour to buy a pair of shoes. I want to offer a wide variety of low end name brand shoes such as New Balance and Sketchers. I also want to offer work boots and shoes for youth sports. I have a great location picked out and the funding is nearly complete, now where do I get the shoes at a competitive price? What else am I not thinking about? Thomas, Berkeley Springs, WV, USA
  • 103. Gloria said on 5/11/2010 3:55:59 AM
    Hi, Everybody. I'm Gloria, 19 years old, from Indonesia. I would like to make a women shoes business. I have some designs of women shoes, especially high heels pump. But, I'm really don't know how to start it. I need your help if you read this. What I have to do to start it? Am I have to follow a course or university? In where? Or Am I have to buy some toolkit to make shoes? where I can buy? Or I have to find some manufacturer or company to make my design physically? If you know something or you can help me, please contact me at : ryn_hyewon@yahoo.com. Really thanks for all or your attention. God Bless U All.
  • 104. Mystiquerose said on 5/12/2010 10:11:52 AM
    Hi guys, I'm 19 yrs from the Philippines and I like to start a small shoe business. My target age is around 18-40++. I have some sketches but I dont know where to start. I'm looking for shoe manufactures, esp from my own country too, that can make sample shoes
  • 105. Brenda Sumner said on 5/16/2010 11:54:42 AM
    I would like to start a shoe business in my home town which is small. There are no other shoe stores there. The closest town where people have to go is 25-50 miles away. The shoes I would like to sell would be low to medium price shoes for women, men and children. How do I get started and where would I get help in funding? I would appreciate your advice.
  • 106. Cassandra King said on 5/20/2010 12:53:26 AM
    I am on the south side of Georgia. I would like to start a shoe business in my home town which is small. There are no other shoe stores there. The closest town where people have to go is 25-50 miles away. The shoes I would like to sell would be low to medium price shoes for women, and children. How do I get started I would appreciate your advice.
  • 107. Cassandra "Cappy" McGhee said on 5/20/2010 1:39:13 PM
    I live in the north western part of Ohio. I would love to start a shoe business. I already have fans and self-claimed "future buyers" of the designs , but need help finding someone who will help sponsor , or just to get started. This has been a dream of mine for the longest time. I would like any advice from anyone , feel free to contact at my email cappy.grey@yahoo.com
  • 108. moly said on 5/24/2010 4:13:39 AM
    Hello all, hope u have a nice day! I'm a shoes Manufacturer and supplier include:sport shoes\sandals\slippers\casual shoes in China, we can according to your design product them, we have good quality +low price, we also offer stock shoes all have good quality, if u wanna know more information pls mail to: moly520@gmail.com
  • 109. Vishal Chander said on 5/25/2010 10:39:39 AM
    I have Retail shoe shop in a small town in Jammu and Kashmir, India, I have made some changes in our showroom to increase the sale and to sustain. I am targeting all most all type of clients and we usually sell low end shoes to be specific. No doubt there is a little increase in our sale per day, however, most of the sale is taken by our wholesalers. I need some more shoe business tips to increase the sales. can somebody please suggest me some Ideas.
  • 110. Kaitlin said on 5/26/2010 11:31:49 PM
    I'm trying to start a high end shoe line for women. I need help in the first step toward production. I have sketches and designs but not quite sure where I can have my sketches brought to life. If anyone has information or experience in starting a shoe line, please email me and point me in the right direction. I really appreciate any help. Thanks.
  • 111. Prasenjit Pyne said on 5/27/2010 8:11:55 AM
    i am into manufacturing of shoes at a cheaper rate both men's and women's shoes. i am in ghana, west africa. please contact me on 00233541361842, 00233279843533. thank you. NB: IF YOU ARE ABROAD, I WILL HELP YOU WITH THE SHIPPING.
  • 112. Prasenjit Pyne said on 5/27/2010 8:25:27 AM
    Tally please get back to me with your email and phone number i am in ghana and will like to do business with you thank you.
  • 113. Dave Kumar beginner adviser said on 5/28/2010 9:59:32 AM
    i am a marketing consultant and can help you with your decline in sales, if you are about to launch your product, starting a new business, maximizing profit, entering new markets etc. my fee is affordable and negotiable. please contact me on dk_pyne@hotmail.com

dk_pyne@hotmail.com || Marketing Consultant

• 114. L Steward said on 5/31/2010 5:53:37 PM
    Hello, I too would like more information on starting my own shoe boutique. I'd like to cater to high-end clients with a wide variety of shoes and accessories. Start-up capital and tips on ideal locations are essential as well. A list of reputable shoe and handbag manufacturers would be a good start for me I guess. E-commerce in addition to a brick and mortar is a must. Thanks
  • 115. N. Cole said on 6/1/2010 12:34:48 PM
    I'm really in need of some help, I'm trying to start a shoe and accessory boutique that specializes in teaching my customer how to accessorize. My product will be mid to high end with and emphasizing on the vintage look. Would like to start on line first because it will help with market research and branding. I don't have statistics on how well shoes sell on line and products, can someone help me. I'm also looking for manufacturers as well. Please email me for nakiacole@yahoo.com
  • 116. derek spiller said on 6/9/2010 12:55:24 PM
    my wilfe and i really want to start a shoe store, and it doesnt have to be a huge store. just want to have a smaller nice one. can u email me some business plan ideas and info on everything we would need to make sure we do it right and be setup good. thank you
  • 117. Prabhakar said on 6/14/2010 4:37:31 AM
    Chennai,Tamilnadu, India. I am going to open a footwear shop in a suburban in chennai, the shop is on main road, with apartment complex's, i want to know what sort of footwear's to be bought to retail and what is the profit margin in this business. looking forward to it. Take Care
  • 118. Bridget said on 6/14/2010 7:00:47 AM
    please i just want to start up a shoe production business in lagos.
  • 119. MA said on 6/16/2010 5:17:06 AM
    I would love some help in how to start a shoe lable. I would want to distribute to retailers to start then grow to have my own retail outlets. I need to find a good manufacturer to produce my designs. Looking at low end designs but good quality is important. how do i go about finding a good manufacturer how would i find a good distributor.
  • 120. BJ said on 6/16/2010 9:36:23 AM
    I am starting my own shoe line and I am in the high end market. I am having a hard time finding a manufacturing plant in Italy to produce a private line. Does anyone have suggestions for getting a private label made in italy
  • 121. Ron beginner adviser said on 6/16/2010 12:04:40 PM
    BJ, I have over 39 years experience in providing production of private label made in Italy.

Italyshoes@gmail.com || Shoe Business Consultant

• 122. molly said on 6/18/2010 2:38:42 AM
    i can help you with the shoes supply and give you some suggestions, i come from China, please contact me for details:jxn168@gmail.com
  • 123. Niluh Djelantik said on 6/19/2010 4:58:36 AM
    We are a leather footwear company specializing in women shoes, Besides producing Niluh Djelantik, we also working with several high end brand to develop their shoes & accessories line. We are based in Bali, Indonesia where we created our shoes entirely by hand. for further inquiry, please feel free to email us at niluh@niluhdjelantik.com
  • 124. Michelle Tornatore said on 6/19/2010 2:42:38 PM
    I am interested in starting an Italian shoe business, need contacts my email is mchell@bellsouth.net
  • 125. Wil said on 6/22/2010 12:07:11 AM
    Columbus, Ohio! Thinking about developing my own shoe line like many others out their so I'm trying to figure out every step same as everyone else, my next question is so after I have it made who and how do I sale it, I thought about out of the trunk of my car if need be. Help someone please
  • 126. Nish said on 6/24/2010 2:02:45 AM
    Chicago, IL. Hello I have four really hot shoe designs but no money for a patent or patent pending. Would the designs be notarized be enough? How do I go about getting these to market? Thank You Nish
  • 127. cecelia said on 6/28/2010 11:07:19 AM
    I have been interested in starting a business in selling shoes for women with wide feet. Need help on how to start and where to find a manufacturer. Midwestlatina@yahoo.com Kansas City, MO
  • 128. Ron said on 6/30/2010 10:57:35 AM
    I We have been providing factory sourcing in Italy for both Women's and Men's Footwear for 40 years and would help. Ron italyshoes@gmail.com
  • 129. nicole said on 7/3/2010 12:06:45 AM
    i am wanting 2 open a shoe store, ladies, mens, and kids. i have no idea on anything. if you can share some tips on how to break into this market please respond to me by email. nicoleljames@aol.com
  • 130. Jae said on 7/3/2010 11:55:01 PM
    Dallas, Tx USA, I am interested in starting a shoe business online, low end shoes for women sizes 10 and up. The shoes that I generally find in this size range that are attractive are generally very expensive. Need assistance on where to being. I am more interested in wholesalers/dropship and would like someone to contact me to let me know what direction I should go. Thanks
  • 131. Jewel said on 7/4/2010 6:48:48 PM
    @tally. i need your contact number and telephone number so that i can call you. I need manufacturer to make my shoes designs for me. Urgent please!!! my email is jewelbodysystem@yahoo.co.uk
  • 132. Jewel said on 7/4/2010 6:51:22 PM
    Hi. i am interested in opening my own shoe label in uk and africa. i need a shoe maker or manufacturer that can make my own designs for me. my email is jewelbodysystem@yahoo.co.uk
  • 133. penny said on 7/6/2010 4:39:18 PM
    Hello. I am in the process of opening a shoe boutique and I am having somewhat of a hard time finding wholesalers for trendy name brand women shoes for wholesale. If anyone can help me with this please email me @ penny_7793@hotmail.com. thanks.
  • 134. Mario said on 7/10/2010 1:16:02 AM
    Hi, My wife and I are in the process of starting up our shoe business. Can you please help us of how to write a letter in various suppliers asking that we are interested buying shoes from them. Thanks
  • 135. Hally said on 7/11/2010 1:16:20 PM
    Hi. i am interested in creating my own shoe label in Nigeria. i need a shoe maker or manufacturer from brazil, US, or China that can make my own designs for me. my e-mail address is tolagbemi_q@yahoo.com Thanks
  • 136. Frida said on 7/12/2010 1:54:19 AM
    Hello everyone! this is Frida from Rui Lei shoes company, our suppliers can accept that you order 30 pairs for each style. that is very important information for you who want to run a shoe shop. we sincerely wish can be your purchasing company in China. Please feel free to contact us at ruileishoes@gmail.com, we can discuss more cooperation at any time. We are waiting for your reply. Best regards, Frida
  • 137. Zain said on 7/16/2010 11:57:33 AM
    hello this is Zain from Pakistan, our shoe company establishment is in finale touch, we are dealing in ladies shoes, a large variety of lady shoe is available in our factory. We want to sell our high quality product to whole world, if any body interested than please feel free to contact us at zain.tanoli@hotmail.com. Regards Zain
  • 138. Sally Johnson said on 7/17/2010 2:15:48 PM
    London, England. Hi, My sister and I are starting up a shoe business we have everything set-up but really need to find the best possible wholesalers for brand children shoes - its difficult to know what companies are legit and who aren't - HELP!!! We have registered at Alibabas and e-sources but are these the right website's to be looking at? Thanks
  • 139. Dee said on 7/21/2010 4:59:11 PM
    Hello, I live in London and would like to set up my own line/designs in trendy and stylish ladies shoes for those with wide feet (up to EEEE). I plan to sell over the internet to minimize my start up cost and if successful. I plan to open a small show room. I need to get a small sample made up so I can test demand but unsure where to go and if they are reputable. Thanking you in advance. Dee, my email address is blackstonedge@yahoo.com
  • 140. Kelvin beginner adviser said on 7/22/2010 12:56:02 AM
    Hi All, We run a women shoes factory in China, exported over 200 thousand to USA, Canada, Europe and Australia. Please contact me if you have any question. No matter order or sample making. Welcome beautybuild-shoe@hotmail.com

beautybuild-shoe@hotmail.com || Shoe Manufacturer

• 141. bernie said on 7/29/2010 7:14:19 PM
    Hi, I need to know how I can get started in starting a shoe business in Honolulu, Hawaii. I have a particular type of shoe in mind and would like to know how and where I can buy those types of shoes. What are the legal procedures to opening a shoe business? Thanks.
  • 142. Lavinia I. said on 8/1/2010 3:48:50 PM
    I would like to start a large size shoe business for women. And wanted to get an idea of where and what to start with.
  • 143. Berta Gordon said on 8/10/2010 2:58:40 PM
    I live in Los Angeles, and want to buy shoes from a local wholesaler, because I would like to visit the show room before making a purchase. I'm in the process of starting my own shoe online site, please email me if you have a local show room in LA, interested in quality beautiful shoes for woman, ages 25 to 40. thank you berta.gordon@hotmail.com
  • 144. Hemanth K said on 8/11/2010 5:01:08 PM
    My plan is to provide cheap and quality footwear. Well I am looking for a some cool designers. How is it going to be cheap? Well by having them made in countries like China or India or elsewhere. I plan to sell footwear that cost no more than $25 or may be even less. Contact me if you are interested. Well I am looking some awesome designers. Here is my email address hemanth198501@gmail.com
  • 145. Mandy Ho said on 8/12/2010 5:48:19 AM
    Hi, I have my own shoes workshop in China, & have office in Hong Kong, anyone can accept our Minimize order quantity 60 pairs per size per style, pls feel free to contact me at hungkee_87@hotmail.com
  • 146. remo said on 8/14/2010 5:32:20 AM
    help me to find designer wholesale shoes in the uk to buy and sell in south africa
  • 147. SHH Inc. said on 8/25/2010 12:48:02 AM
    Hi. I want to start a specialty shoe business (manufacturing)for children with disabilities. What is my first step?
  • 148. manish said on 8/26/2010 12:59:28 PM
    Hi. I want to start a shoe business (manufacturing)for all kind of human with disabilities. What is my first step?
  • 149. Carol said on 8/30/2010 10:13:47 PM
    I am looking for a shoe sole supplier. Looking for Soles for Tall Wedge shoes for ladies. Made in PU, and 4"inches tall (or more) swingingunicorns@gmail.com
  • 150. Mandy Ho said on 8/31/2010 6:11:09 AM
    SHH Inc. manish, may be I can help, please feel free to contact me at hungkee87@hotmail.com
  • 151. Chrissy said on 9/1/2010 9:26:10 AM
    I am ready to start a shoe business but i don't know how to get my designs make. I know exactly what kind of shoes I want to make and how to make them. Any advise would help.
  • 152. Kris said on 9/6/2010 2:14:25 PM
    Hi, I am in hampton, va and I want to start a shoes business. I have the idea of how i want to run my store and the set up but i dont know where to start or how to get the type of shoes i need and the styles or how to set up a website or get the money to be able to pay for my start up costs. I am looking for a much information as possible.
  • 153. Iciess said on 9/7/2010 12:21:48 PM
    i'm wanting to startup a small ladies shoe store, here in my hometown in Longvew, Texas its about 77,000 people. There's not much competition here for affordable, nice, fashionable, and trendy shoes for ladies. i personally think it will sale because i have a lot of ideas. Only thing i dont have much direction how to get started, not to mention finances too. b/c of my finances i thought about starting it out the web to save a ton of money but i though about the transition to a store front would b kinda difficult. i'm a college student and i know who i want to target and how i want to market it. if u could email me and i would go more indept.... i'm bursting so much with ideas i can explode but i need some direction.
  • 154. michelle said on 9/7/2010 9:02:39 PM
    i would like to open a low end $10 women shoe store in Phx.Az. looking for distributors
  • 155. Archie said on 9/8/2010 11:44:42 AM
    I would like to start a shoe line that target bigger sizes that are normally sold in popular shoe stores. I would like to start at sizes 9-13 and sizes 5-6. All the nicest pair of shoes are never in these sizes specially size 12. My main focus is large shoe size and small sizes. I dont know how to draw, but I do have a dream.... I want to know where do i start?, how do i start? Florida
  • 156. Temi said on 9/14/2010 5:33:24 AM
    I am a retailer in Nigeria and I am looking for shoe designers and manufacturers. Please contact me on temitayofayomi@gmail.com
  • 157. Shelley said on 9/19/2010 9:37:37 PM
    I am going to start a women's shoe store in New Brunswick, Canada. The shoes will retail between $100 to $300 Canadian $. I am looking for information on what to expect for yearly sales, or sales per square footage. Thanks.
  • 158. bayo said on 9/20/2010 5:46:06 AM
    i wanted to start a shoe production business in nigeria but i would need an idea on the kind of production machine needed for the production of this shoes. thanks
  • 159. olivia said on 9/20/2010 10:31:15 AM
    hi there, i just finished my studies and i want to start a shoe business. i already have a place to sell them from, however, i have no idea of how the materials look like and the steps to follow in making shoes, please advise me. am an african, living in uganda, kampala city.
  • 160. Matt beginner adviser said on 9/21/2010 10:29:18 PM
    I have over 12 years experience in the footwear industry in both athletic and fashion footwear with well known brands. I have experience in manufacturing (sourcing,fit, and development), brand marketing, and retail operations. I am now a consultant for both retail and wholesale footwear startups and can help with finding factories,inventory concerns,retail concerns and offer advice. If you are interested in hiring me as a consultant please contact me at mtel2002@yahoo.com.

mtel2002@yahoo.com || Footwear Startup Consultant

• 161. Arlene said on 9/23/2010 12:18:41 PM
    My business partner and I are getting ready to create our own shoe label and design in the US. We are looking for a shoe maker or manufacturer from Brazil, US, China or Korea that can make our own designs. please contact me at arlene.brown2010@yahoo.com.
  • 162. zainab said on 9/24/2010 3:36:47 AM
    i have start the shoe business but my major problem is people buying dont pay in full. they normally pay when salary is paid and some dont comply to the payment date i gave them. what i can i do?need your advice
  • 163. Dila said on 9/24/2010 7:32:17 PM
    Hey I love fashion i always got some new design in my head coming up but this days I am thinking to make my own brand shoes something new, i need a big hand to start . Thank.
  • 164. Eunicehm said on 9/26/2010 5:24:31 PM
    South Africa, Pretoria, I am interested interested in Starting high end ladies shoe business and am struggling in securing suppliers (Brazilian), how does a new business secure relationship with suppliers.
  • 165. Connie said on 9/28/2010 2:35:56 AM
    Searching for manufacturing recommendations for woman's shoe designs.... Have drawings to transform to samples. Prefer company in Spain, Italy or China.
  • 166. Misty said on 9/30/2010 4:41:39 PM
    I am starting a women shoe and accessory business here in Los Angeles area. Looking for reasonable prices supplier who offer good quality. I want a manufacturer who can also produce my own designs as well of shoes and handbags.
  • 167. Lex said on 9/30/2010 11:21:03 PM
    charlotte, nc. My best friend and I have been thinking about coming out with a women’s high heel shoe line. We currently do not have the money .We have a designs and name. but we don’t know what out next move should be and how we should get started.
  • 168. Shoe Fanatic said on 10/4/2010 1:10:40 PM
    I am looking to start a shoe company in Jamaica and wanted to know where I can get reputable wholesalers..I am targeting the low end shoes
  • 169. shashank dixit said on 10/16/2010 6:32:25 AM
    hi,my name is shashank dixit and currently i am studying in PGDM . its a management course and i chosen footwear industry for business so for that i need help , that what are requirements before entering in this industry. my cell no.........09911400260, its very urgent for me............plzz
  • 170. Eddie Rodriguez said on 10/18/2010 8:56:02 AM
    I would like to start my own shoe brand, how do i get started?? i have many designs already...please email. Los Angeles, CA
  • 171. Xiong said on 10/20/2010 12:49:31 PM
    I would like to open a shoe boutique in Merced, California. I am taking a business class right now and have already started up my business plan. I would like to know how much it costs to open up this kind of business? How much capital do I need in order to even think about asking for a loan? I've heard of SBA loans, but don't know what banks here in town offer that. Which wholesalers are trustworthy and compatible to work with? Please give me all the help you can. Thank you in advance.
  • 172. ophelia rolle said on 10/21/2010 11:38:11 AM
    I just recently retired and I always wanted to open a shoe store, however, I need some help how to start us. I will finance the business from my retirement funds, and I want to sell low end shoes for women size 5 1/2 to 12 can you please help me.Can you also assist me how to complete the business plan. Thanks for your help.
  • 173. Kevin said on 10/23/2010 9:31:58 AM
    Just like most of the people writing you, I am looking to open up a shoe store. I would love some tips on how to acquire start up capital and some advice on how to find wholesalers with the merchandise that I desire to sell. I am new to running a business so I need as much info as possible. Thanks for your help.
  • 174. mac said on 10/27/2010 9:20:37 AM
    I am Mac Massey, I am working with a French shoe designer in (India) Delhi and we are interested to make some merchandising for ( shoes and boots for women and men) and we would like to have some information some design or sample from you Can you please inform and how we can process for that. My contact number is: +91 9891477833 and you can also email me a_mac_82@hotmail.com Waiting for your reply. Regards, Mac Massey
  • 175. Mawcon said on 10/29/2010 6:29:38 AM
    Hello, Me and friend are considering opening a shoe store asap as we can. But we don't have the experience or funds. What advice would you give us as far how we should start off with everything. Is there a book to read or something. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thx for your help.
  • 176. Ron said on 11/30/2010 1:59:40 PM
    I am looking to open up a shoe store in Glassboro, NJ. The home of Rowan university, There are currently no shoe stores in or 10 miles near glassboro (GOLD MINE) Looking for some financial Help, and some good reliable distributors. you can email me at tenthirteenent@gmail.com
  • 177. Ms. Sherry said on 12/5/2010 7:39:21 PM
    Hello All, It is great to see budding entrepreneurs coming together for the same cause~ SHOES!! I, just like all of you, am beginning to start a shoe business. I am starting my business online, with the goal of opening a retail store and having my very own line of shoes. I would like for manufacturers and suppliers to contact me via email ( simplyexquisitetaste@gmail.com ) who can assist me with getting my business off the ground or as I say "strut my stilettos from the street to the runway."~Ms. Sherry~ My company specializes in Women shoes, boots and accessories low to moderate end, but with style, class and durability. Thank you in advance for all your assistance. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
  • 178. Amparo de los Rios said on 12/8/2010 7:38:20 AM
    Hello, I have had a shoe shop in Spain for 10 years, I work with the best manufactures, a year ago I opened an online shop as well, but business are not as good. I would like to open a shoe shop in London or surroundings, thanks for your help.
  • 179. Tanya beginner adviser said on 12/11/2010 7:56:21 PM
    WOW, pretty great information here. I am waiting to launch my line but am planning a feasibility study to where I will visit China (first) to get an idea of the warehouses/manufacturers. I have a unique idea for the shoes's components which keep them priced medium to very expensive. By trade, I am an international grant proposal writer which simply means that I help people get money to fund their dreams. My designing of jewelry and soon shoes is just another one of my passions. A good feasibility study can be done for around $25,000. There are grants available to assist with these costs. Please feel free to call me at 517-204-4197 or email me at info@tanyabates.com. Here to our Success

Tanya R. Bates
    info@tanyabates.com

• 180. Asif Ahmed said on 12/12/2010 10:40:02 PM
    We are a digital agency based out of India. We can develop an online shoe store for you and also help you in your online marketing to increase traffic and sales. Contact us at www.amstech.co.in
  • 181. Onassis Liriano said on 12/18/2010 12:47:05 AM
    Doing research on finding a wholesale women shoe leather distributor. I'm base in NYC but all the wholesaler i have met sale PU leather shoes. I'm interested in purchasing real quality leather. don't care to much on the name brand. Quality and comfort is my priority. Thx a lot.
  • 182. Irfan said on 12/21/2010 8:29:17 PM
    We are safety shoes manufacturer from india and also have a production line in china with production capacity of over 100,000 pairs per month. We have sales office in malaysia also. Our shoes confirms to international safety standards EN ISO 20345, Canadian standards and American standards as well. We are looking for sales business partners all over the world on profit sharing basis. Wholesales, distributors, retailers and agents. pls contact me at irfan@revoltsafetyshoes.com
  • 183. Ivi said on 12/23/2010 1:35:11 AM
    Hi I am sooooo interested in making a line of my own shoes I believe I have a real talent in designing womens shoes, the problem is I don't know where to start?? How much money do I need to start up, where can I find a manufacturer who can make my many beautiful designs.. Please help I have a real passion!!! Aligrudic@hotmail.com email me any info please!!
  • 184. Emile for Cartara Couture said on 12/24/2010 5:15:06 PM
    Located in San Francisco area. Looking to start a new line of latin dance shoes. New startup that will be marketed globally. Need help in various phases of design, prototyping, manufacturing, etc. Need a company/consultant who is very knowledgeable and connected in shoe industry to help us get our line going as quickly as possible with the fewest roadbloacks. Looking forward to hearing from you.
  • 185. ae said on 12/26/2010 2:12:32 AM
    my father is a realtor and my mother is an accountant and i am very excited to start a shoe buisness this is very genuine how can I start. if you help i will tell my parents to give you a million dollars this is how much i want this. I live in grandview.
  • 186. Kay Cole said on 12/27/2010 9:38:32 PM
    I have a great idea for shoes. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of who I could talk to for designing and manufacturing the shoes. I probably have the same needs as #203 (Emile for Cartara Couture). Please contact me at the above email address. I am located in the Atlanta area. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
  • 187. TARA BRITT said on 12/30/2010 1:06:32 AM
    I am wanting to start a shoe business online and then eventually move to an outlet in a mall or find a store to display the shoes. Please provide me with how will I go about starting online first. Thank you.
  • 188. silky bhatia said on 1/2/2011 6:25:34 AM
    Hi, i am silky bhatia.... A SHOE DESIGNER from india. i want to start my own footwear factory with my own label. i am looking for business tips like how to import and export shoes....bcuz i also wants to make for other manufactures. please contact me at silky.bhatia@gmail.com.....
  • 189. Annie dunne said on 1/4/2011 6:50:52 PM
    Hi my name is ann from Ireland I want to set up my own label here in Ireland for shoes I need direction regarding factories in Italy and china and maybe work with someone else in another country with a few to brainstorming designs ect Namaiste annie
  • 190. Alba said on 1/5/2011 11:03:46 AM
    @ Amparo de los Rios Hi , I am Alba Hasa from Tirana , Albania . Are you interested to supply a shoe store in Albania ? Waiting for your replay : albahasa@gmail.com Thank You
  • 191. Jerry Wang said on 1/6/2011 4:28:13 AM
    I am from China, I can provide the samples upon you design.
  • 192. oluwa said on 1/6/2011 5:14:44 PM
    I am interested in high and low end shoes..I just want wholesalers to contact me with good deal. looking to sell almost every footwear that is out there.. dare_osi@yahoo.com
  • 193. Sierra S said on 1/6/2011 6:44:06 PM
    I am looking for manufacturers with low rates to form a Prototype from my Sketches of High heel shoes..& or suppliers of affordable Womens High heels, boots, and accessories that are low to moderate end, but with style, class and durability that i could possible sell Online.... i would love to network with credible people who can assist me with getting my business off the ground. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Email me @ BookingSierraShenile@gmail.com =) Thanks
  • 194. Laces & Buckles said on 1/7/2011 3:45:41 PM
    I am a Nigerian and also live in Nigeria with a label called Laces & Buckles. I want a company that can help me produce quality shoes (casual and office), sandals and slippers for male, female and children. Hope to hear from you. Thank you
  • 195. Craig said on 1/10/2011 10:02:10 PM
    We are located in San Francisco CA and are in the initial stages of starting a company that makes high-quality shoes in the US (think Robert Clergerie and Freelance) for exclusive distribution. We will handle the business management, development and marketing. We're looking for production support:
    1) Master shoemakers - Experts in the US who know how to make top-end shoes and would be able to train people on machines.
    2) Existing top quality factories in the US - Ones that can produce small runs of high-quality leather-sole, top grain shoes and boots.
    3) Suppliers of shoe leather in the US - Looking for top grade leathers from American livestock and tanned in the US.
    4) Experts in stateside shoe production - Individuals who have experience and expertise in stateside shoe production.
    We are also open to talking to interested parties about possible partnership or investment. You can reach us at: thecraigcollection@gmail.com.
  • 196. Talal said on 1/15/2011 6:28:43 AM
    Hi Everyone i have a shoe factory in beirut lebanon and can deal with everyone aiming to start a shoe business with me.i can offer sample for your models whatever it was and can make quantities upon request.big size legs aren't problem we can deal with big shoe numbers. whatever your idea was just write it down in am email and sent it to me you will always find help and support morsad@hotmail.com wish you all best luck
  • 197. Talal beginner adviser said on 1/15/2011 6:36:14 AM
    Mr Craig we can offer a professional modeling shoe designer & maker at the same time with huge imagination and big experience. with him you'll need nothing except sitting back and watching your business growing up.if interested pls contact me at my email morsad@hotmail.com

morsad@hotmail.com || Footwear Consultant

• 198. Brian beginner adviser said on 1/17/2011 6:31:27 PM
    12 years experience in Big Box Shoe Sales. 6 years experience in shoe buying. THE SHOE BUSINESS IS FLOODED.. when I say flooded I mean way to many wanna be designers who dont know the first thing about design or business yet wasting $$$ without the first clue.. I highly suggest you reconsider if this is truly your dream or if you just heard high profit margins(which by the way is questionable if not just plain false)and decided you think drawing a few shoes would be easy.

if its just a get rich quick idea, i'd look elsewhere before you fall victim to the fact that this is a ROUGH business not for the faint of heart, many people lose there life savings trying to make it in this industry. Also understand that if you plan to sell your product wholesale you are going to need to spend thousands on getting into expos, thousands on prototypes from multiple groups for quality checks, thousands on manufacturing costs, THOUSANDS ON INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING<<--- IN MANY CASES THE SHIPPING COST MORE than the product does to make... and unless you have pre-orders to fulfill thousands of shoes, if you order at MOQ (minimum order quantity) then you will be high balled to get the manufacturing done and thus more than likely be pushed out by other competitors simply out pricing you(selling their product at a lower cost than you) for similar or even better products.

IF you do succeed to gain orders by keeping your prices at or under most.. your profit margins most likely will be minimal at best if you order MOQ (your markup will probably only be x1.33-x1.5 to stay price competitive vs. a traditional business model for success of x2.2-2.8) and you will need to sell at least 1,000 pair per color per style and at at least 16-20 styles to pull a decent profit that could be considered worth while, or your make it your new career.. and at that point you probably would have employee(s) costs to add to the mix.. Also remember many boutique owners only buy in season, the ones who buy ahead often cut their pre-orders in half, many cancel all together, others just cant pay on time or at all leaving you holding the bag potentially to take a loss all together on that/those style(s). With the big box retailers, they will usually expect in their contracts with you when you are new that they will put a small deposit down, if any, to get your merchandise and will only have to pay after 30-90 days.. so your floating them money that you've devoted into the shoes as a loan for 30-90 days.. and they usually include with new vendors in their contracts that at anytime they can typically decide they no longer wish to carry your product and RTV(return to vendor{vendor=you})them back to you and now your stuck with potentially thousands of unsold shoes that you have no buyer for and may even have to pay the shipping to get back or forfeit the product for free to the retailer.

My suggestion,unless you have gobs of cash, a good attorney, a good business contract that you can sell as signable and legal, AND an amazing product at a reasonable price.... KEEP YOUR DAY JOB! THAT being said, again if it is truly your DREAM by all means do the research and raise sufficient capital and I wish you the very best!

barstarse@gmail.com || Footwear Business Consultant

• 199. Glamour Girl said on 1/19/2011 1:15:57 PM
    Hello I am interested in starting a shoe label that would allow me to manufacture shoes for women that wear sizes 11-13 wide width how can I get started. teairah@yahoo.com
  • 200. annemarie said on 1/21/2011 4:18:37 AM
    I live in seychelles and I wish to open a shoe shop mall selling quality shoes for adults and children. Can someone advise me on which market is best. I heard that Italy is the best. Let me know if anyone has other ideas. as I am new in this business. Mosad from Beirut is offering quality . Is that correct. Thanks