How to Start a Laundry Pick-up and Delivery Service Business
This laundry pick-up and delivery service business guideline was created to steer you on entering the venture. You might be facing a hoard of questions like where to start your laundry business, how much is the startup cost of the business, or who your clients and rivals are.
We’ve come up with this guideline to enlighten you by answering these questions and more!
You are required to do your homework first before you step into the business. You need to conduct an informative investigation/study on the feasibility of putting up a laundry pick-up/delivery service business.
A Laundry Pick-up/Delivery Service Business Right at Home
Yes, you can set up the business home-based by allocating a corner or a small room as your home-office. You can even use your home’s telephone and/or fax machine and personal mobile phones to contact clients, as well as your vehicle for pick-up and delivery. A laundry pick-up/delivery service business requires you to apply for and obtain permits and licenses to lawfully operate it. License fees could start from at least $50 per vehicle, depending on the city or state where you get them. Inquire from your local government office on the exact amounts of license and permit fees and other pertinent payables to start up the business. You also need to have a driver’s license to run your pick-up/delivery vehicle. Other costs may include fuel, vehicle insurance and maintenance/depreciation, office maintenance, and salaries. To set up a laundry pick-up/delivery service business, you may actually need around $5,000 to $10,000, excluding the purchase of a vehicle.
Your Laundry Pick-up/Delivery Service Business Clients and Rivals
You have the option to partner with laundry operators as a subcontractor handling the pick-up and delivery services for them. In this case, the end-clients (those who own the garments) are your indirect customers because you get paid by the laundry operators. End-clients may also pay you directly by having you pick-up their garments, deliver them to nearby washers, and then deliver the washed garments back to the end-clients. Here, end-clients give you money to pay to the washers and money to pay for you pick-up/delivery service. Some business and institutions especially the small-times like restos, clinics, prep schools, and small offices do not have their own in-house laundry station. They require having their laundries done by another party. You may also service residents of boarding houses, dormitories, and temporary shelters. Laundry operators with their own pick-up/delivery vehicles are your strongest competitors as some customers desire streamlined service. Also watch out for those who run laundry pick-up/delivery service businesses within the area.
Running a laundry business is one of the simplest transportation ventures around. You don’t need to have intermediate business knowledge and skills in order to pull off. Bank on your strong desire to engage in and grow the business, couple that with a viable market and ample source of capital/funds, and you are sure to fare well.
- Start Your Own Coin Operated Laundry Business
Starting coin operated laundry business is quite easy if you develop a business plan. This will guide you from startup and on the daily operations of the business.
- Starting a Coin Laundry Business
How to start a coin laundry business is best dealt if you consult people who are in the know how in the operation of a coin laundry business. Learn more about the industry here.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Starting a Bottled Water Delivery Service Biz
- How to Start a Restaurant Delivery Service
- Home Delivery Service
- Milk Distribution Business
- Start an Online Grocery Shopping and Delivery Service
- How to Start FMCG Distribution Business
- Starting a Meat Distribution Business
- Open a Bread and Milk Delivery Business
- How to Open a Chemical Distribution Business
- How to Start a Beer, Wine, Cigarette Delivery Service