How to File Chapter 7 Bankruptcy without a Lawyer
Filing the Chapter 7 bankruptcy without a lawyer will help you save money and most of all it is more convenient. But since bankruptcy law became more difficult these days, the courts expect same thing from the things they normally expect from lawyers and with the filing process is still the usual.
Here are some ideas on how to file chapter 7 bankruptcy without hiring a lawyer.
You have to go to the nearby office supply shop to buy Official Form 1 or the Voluntary Petition; Notice to Debtor by Bankruptcy Petition Preparer; Notice to Individual Debtor With Primarily Consumers Debts Under 11 U.S.C and 342 B; and other essential forms that needs to be bought for the filing of the chapter 7 bankruptcy. You should know that there are legal forms that are needed in this kind of filing that is why to be sure on the format and the forms, buy the readymade ones and just fill them up.
It is also important that you’d be attending some credit counseling courses before you even try to file for the chapter 7. To do this, you may contact the credit counseling department or email them for you to be able to know the nearest recognized credit counselor in your locale. If you are married and your spouse is also submitting application for chapter 7, you should bring with you your spouse. Make sure to have the certificate of completion on hand because this is your evidence that you have already received counseling.
Forms to be completed
You have to complete the form like the Individual Debtor’s Statement of Compliance with Credit Counseling Requirement once you have received the certificate of completion. Now you have to complete the form on the Statement of Current Monthly Income. Remember that your income monthly should fall under the mean income of your state for you to be able to become eligible for Chapter 7.
Submission and Personal Financial Management Course
If you have already filled out the forms, submit it to the office of Federal Bankruptcy Court in your area. Those mentioned forms in the previous step should be submitted. The next thing you should do is to wait for your Chapter 7 bankruptcy case notification that the court will send to you. Your creditors will already know about the case once the court have sent you the notice and they will be informed as well about the venue of the hearing and the chance to challenge you is granted to them. The last step is to attend the course for personal financial management before the hearing. There are available phone numbers that is ready to be contacted whenever you want to attend a personal financial management course that is near your area. File the form 23 before the court when you received the certification of completion.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Grants for Starting a Daycare
- Women Business Funding
- Used Truck Financing
- How Business Avoid Taxes
- Types of Small Business Loans
- Starting an Adjusting Company
- Grants for Women Starting a Business in Florida
- Glitter Tattoo Business
- Grants for Self Employment
- How to Sell Your Business to Chinese Investors
- How are Startups Financing Requirements Estimated
- How Would You Promote Your Business for More Investments?