Business Process Reengineering Methodology
Every business constantly strives for a better performance. It is always implementing change to increase customer satisfaction, turnover times and sales. Currently, there is a new approach to getting better results -- business process reengineering.
It seeks not only change but dramatic improvements, which means a total overhaul of business models.
Business process reengineering is the overhaul of a corporation’s business processes in order to achieve dramatic results in the way it delivers products or services. It is not merely a change. It is a radical shift – one that will increase performance or revenues to the degree of around 10 times more or even better. As such, it is a major undertaking, which will involve key people in the company, will take considerable time and predictably significant expense and opposition from members of the organization.
Basic Methodology for Business Process Reengineering
What are some of the basic methodology when initiating a process reengineering in any company?
This is the first step to any task, small or big. If a business does not map out its way towards a goal, it is not bound to get anywhere. In the case of business process reengineering, planning involves evaluating where it is at the moment (how tasks are done, what is the turnaround time), answering questions such as what it is that it wants to achieve, what are the problems it currently faces, what are some possible solutions to these problems, what solutions are workable, and who will be involved in the reengineering. The answer to these questions will form the structure of an organization’s business process reengineering road map.
Understanding the current processes and performance of a business is necessary in order to fully understand what should be done or undone in order to improve performance. Some approaches to process reengineering, though, skip this step and proceed directly to creating an entirely new business model. The approach one takes should depend on the business and on what the organization believes is a better model. What is good about self evaluation is that it will determine processes that need to be fixed or introduced in order to improve performance. Once these have been identified, several solutions could be thought of, and the best one chosen.
Reengineering Design and Implementation
After the key problems are identified and the best solution chosen, it is now time to go into the details of the business process redesigning. Prototypes of new models should be done, and employee trainings should be initiated. Afterwards, a full transition could be done. Caution: expect to meet a lot of difficulties – from the prototypes not working in actuality to resistant employees.
In order to measure the success of the endeavour, there should be a monitoring and evaluation both of the new processes that were implemented as well as the performance resulting from the reengineering. The results might be amazing or dismal. But either way, the best way for any business to go is to constantly improve.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Writing Goals and Objectives for Business
- Writing a Business Memo
- What is Business Culture
- What It Takes To Start a Business
- What is Microsoft Office Works
- How to Start Your Own Dal Mill
- Bakery Set up Costs
- How to Start Your Own Cotton Mill
- How to Start a Box Truck Business
- Starting a Charcoal Export Business
- How to Get Babysitting License
- Finding New Clients for Export Business
- Problems Faced by Entrepreneurs When Setting Up a Business